You Should Feel What I Feel

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic

As mentioned on the Wide Open Remix thread, an ace new tune from 12 Stories. The intro is boring but it's all about the synth that comes in around 2.04

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Monstro's Spectre EP has been on repeat...

Last Edit: Dec 10, 2015, 09:03 by neorev

FLINT - AIM 4

Keith Flint's punk band with Prodigy's original live guitarist/Pitchshifter's Jim Davies, Prodigy's old live drummer Kieron Pepper, Rob Holliday (who became Prodigy's current live guitarist), and Tony Howlett (no relation to Liam). Sadly the album was only ever released as a promo CD that is hard to find, but never actually got  an official release. It even had an official video, single release, and they played some festival dates. A couple of songs ended up as Prodigy tracks in the end, such as NNNN (became Baby's Got A Temper) and Razor (released on Their Law compilation's second disc of rarities).

This is No 1 in Mixmag's Top 100 tracks of 2015. Go (Claude Von Stroke mix) is in 14th spot. I got tired of Go but now that I've had a break from it I kinda like it again.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jun 29, 2015, 14:49

and soundclouds...
http://soundcloud.com/platform/bicep-just-boiler-room-debuts
Perhaps there's a trick to embedding these?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Big shout out to Neon Indian. Love this guy's new album and recently saw him live got the whole crowd dancing in the gallery and revealed he finished the album in Melbourne too. He stuck around after the show and was quite humble by the reception and talked to a lot of the crowd and took photos etc with them. The film clip to this catchy tune is one of the coolest ones I've seen in a while. like the ones that used to be made:

Last Edit: Dec 19, 2015, 05:28 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Last Edit: Dec 24, 2015, 19:32 by MadPooter

Swooning so hard for this song
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35178921

Radiohead have released the song they recorded to be the theme for the latest James Bond movie Spectre.

The band have revealed they were asked to write a signature tune for the movie, but it "didn't work out" and the song was not used.

Sam Smith's Writing's On The Wall ended up as the movie's theme song instead.

Radiohead have now made their brooding, orchestral song, titled Spectre, available as a free download on Soundcloud.

Singer Thom Yorke wrote on Twitter: "Last year we were asked to write a theme tune for the Bond movie Spectre.

"Yes we were. It didn't work out, but became something of our own, which we love very much.

"As the year closes we thought you might like to hear it. Merry Christmas. May the force be with you."

Many fans expressed their approval on Twitter. Music critic Pete Paphides was among them, writing: "It sounds exquisite on first listen, sensational string arrangement."

Before Spectre came out in October, there had been speculation that Radiohead had been chosen for the coveted task of recording the theme tune.

In July, one bookmaker suspended betting on the identity of the act that had recorded the theme after one punter tried to bet £15,000 on Radiohead.

Bond actor Daniel Craig is known to be a fan of the band, having quizzed Yorke for Interview magazine in 2013.

Sam Smith's theme received mixed reviews when it was released in September, with BBC entertainment correspondent Colin Paterson saying it was "good enough, but not a classic".

But former Bond actor Sir Roger Moore called Writing's On the Wall "very haunting and wonderfully orchestrated".

The song made history by becoming the first Bond theme to reach number one in the UK, achieving combined chart sales and streams of 70,000 copies.

Smith was the first solo male British act to perform a Bond film's theme song since 1964, when Tom Jones was heard over the opening credits of Thunderball.

no idea, no idea

Discovered at Chemical Christmas:

Listening to the remastered version of Rammstein's Mutter on vinyl. Sounds great.

Motörhead - Orgasmatron Ace Of Spades
(i'm playing this on 11 right now)

no idea, no idea

In the wake of LCD Soundsystem releasing a new tune for christmas, I've been playing The Long Goodbye when my family was here for christmas, and really got my sister and my aunt into it (while it's not usually their type of music) ! They've been listening to the live album on repeat since then

Playing Goldfrapps 'Felt Mountain' again. Forgot how lovely this album is.

Scott Matthew - Constant

Last Edit: Jan 05, 2016, 15:09 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

I think this is the clearest version of C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. I've heard yet. Too bad it cuts out way too early :-(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTZ0PyYKrg8&list=RDbTZ0PyYKrg8#t=2

I am only discovering about this album from 1999 now, yet there's something very familiar about most of those tracks, like I've known them my whole life.
And definitely, everything that El-P does (he co-produced this whole album of instrumental hip hop) amazes me. He's becoming one of my favourite producers.