Dig Your Own Hole

Now Gaming

Started by Nekcore, Jul 21, 2015, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
so, after buying an 4k-tv and an xbox one x just for playing red dead redemption 2 in uhd i managed to not play one second of it. shame is on me. but i've played shadow of the tomb raider and it looks brilliant and runs smooth as fuck - although story and maps are compared to tomb raider (2013) and rise of the tomb raider (2015) a bit boring.
no idea, no idea

Story is a bit illogical at moments, but sets are better than any previous TR games, for my money.
Earthquake and tsunami parts were amazing, on par with Uncharted quality.

People are doing something really amazing with older games with prerendered backgrounds with neural networks.
They are upscaling 90's FF games and results are truly amazing.
Can't wait for finished mods.

https://www.pcgamer.com/ai-neural-networks-are-giving-final-fantasy-7-a-makeover/
https://www.pcgamer.com/modders-are-using-ai-to-upscale-pre-rendered-ps1-backgrounds-with-phenomenal-results/

Edit:I just read some reviews on KH3 and there are no FF characters in there. So not gonna play it.
Last Edit: Jan 28, 2019, 12:41 by sandelic
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

So I wouldn't post this if I didn't endorse the game and have already had countless hours of fun gameplay... 'Sea of Thieves' is having a week-long event where friends play free. They gave me some free access codes if you would like to try out the game. This is a cross-platform game with XBOX ONE and PC. I got 3 codes total that I can give out, so PM if you're interested. Codes are only good through the 13th of February.

Pumisher looking at you with the new One X

was only grinding character missions on BO4, did not expect this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf6XFO9Tp4A&ab_channel=ITSCS117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

My first and only win on Fortnite was a 0 kill win. Apparently it's super hard to do now.
I just waited until a guy blew himself up with a rocket launcher. I'm not an fps guy. Unless you wanna get smashed at Goldeneye on the 64.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 25, 2019, 00:25

I'm pondering wether or not to get it, but I haven't played the first 2. So should I ?

It's hard to recommend it if you haven't played the rest of them. The remix versions would help if you can get hold them easily/cheaply. Most of the game is very much Disney and almost child like humour, but there are hints of adult themes further into the game and at the end. The way the games all tie into each other can be labelled convoluted but if it hooks you, it is worth it. As sandelic said there seem to be no final fantasy characters in kh3 which is a bummer, but the graphics and boss visuals are great

Bosco! Don't miss this :)

https://www.pcgamer.com/thimbleweed-park-is-the-next-free-game-on-the-epic-game-store/

And Final Fantasy VIII is 20 years old today!
They could announce some remake or something, if only they still had the source code...
Last Edit: Feb 12, 2019, 12:57 by sandelic

To continue from the other thread...

Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 03, 2019, 22:51

What is it that makes you feel sick about people becoming popular as a result of their streaming personality, Bosco? I know there are a lot of pretty gross, mean, toxic people who unfortunately gain a following as a result of them streaming a popular game, but there's also a whole tonne of really talented, nice, entertaining streamers who provide hours of content for free (assuming you don't pay them anything, which I don't). I watch one of the guys on my favourite team, Cloud 9, stream almost every night. For multiple hours. He's fun. Super good at the game. And there's something about watching something in real time that feels super connecting for me. I don't know, maybe I'm just a boring loser. But I look forward to games every weekend, watch people stream throughout the week, and play the game when I have time at home. I think I said before, it's like being able to watch a match/game of your favourite sport, every hour. Basically non-stop if you really want.

"makes me sick" was probably a bit of a hyperbole. My feelings on the subject are probably the old-school in me speaking out. But to put it simply, it's hard for me to fathom people getting payed for playing video games. I've always viewed it as a hobby. So it now being categorized as a profession, is a bit questionable in my mind.

Additionally, I do have a problem with streamers not seeking consent with other players in multiplayer game formats before broadcasting to an audience. Despite how lame that sounds, this is a breach of privacy. Then you tie in the fact some streamers get payed for their stream but don't pay out to the other participants that are non-consented, and things get really grey.

Wow, this was a surprise!

Really Shocked by the Wiedźmin (Witcher) on Switch
Also I can't wait for the new Pokemon and Zelda BOTW Sequel :D
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: sandelic on Jun 09, 2019, 21:10

Wow, this was a surprise!

This was my most surprise =>

no idea, no idea

Quote from: JRSZ on Jun 11, 2019, 23:16

Really Shocked by the Wiedźmin (Witcher) on Switch
Also I can't wait for the new Pokemon and Zelda BOTW Sequel :D

& Banjo-Kazooie for Smash! Finally.

BOTW Sequel is honestly comparable news to a new Chems album. That game is simply phenomenal, and to be getting a (rumoured) Majora's Mask stlye sequel with the same assets and mechanics in a new world is so, so exciting. Dare I say... Playable Zelda... <3

I'm also pumped for the Link's Awakening remake. It looks super nice and it'll be cool to go through the game fresh with the new design.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

It's been a busy few weeks in terms of new games. I would need 48 hours day to play them all.

For now I'm playing Death Stranding, and I have mixed feelings. The presentation and story are incredible, but the gameplay, not so much. A lot of imprecisions, complex menus and inventory system,

I'm curious about Jedi Fallen Order. It's got pretty good reviews, and the metroidvania/metroid prime inspiration might be right up my alley.

Anyone ever try the 'Friday the 13th' game?

A fun little online multiplayer game that actually parallels the theme of the first few movies of the franchise quite well. It was released awhile ago...

The concept of the game is you have 1 player that plays Jason Voorhees that hunts down camp counselors, and 7 camp counselors that need to do anything they can to survive. It's a pretty fun little tactical game, and I think is worth checking out if you're not crazy about online shooters or skill reliant games. Even if you're not a fan of the movies or never seen any movies, there is certain charm and satisfaction of completing your task on either ends of the spectrum.

And if you enjoy finishing type kills and murdering people (à la, Mortal Kombat), you can get your rocks off here.

It is horribly buggy at times, but it's something you can excuse knowing that it's not soul selling AAA game. 

It was free game to download on Xbox live if you had a gold membership, I'm not sure if it's still available, but it shouldn't be that expensive anyway. Something to look out for when Black Friday deals hit this holiday season.

I just finished NeiR: Automata, probably last person on Earth to do so.

It is singular gaming experience. Words cannot do it justice.

Soundtrack alone is a masterpiece, design, story, practically everything is beyond amazing, proving once again that games can be unparalleled medium for creative, artistic expression.

It filled a void I didn't even knew was there. Square outdid itself this time.

Quote from: sandelic on Nov 30, 2019, 20:07

I just finished NeiR: Automata, probably last person on Earth to do so.

It is singular gaming experience. Words cannot do it justice.

Soundtrack alone is a masterpiece, design, story, practically everything is beyond amazing, proving once again that games can be unparalleled medium for creative, artistic expression.

It filled a void I didn't even knew was there. Square outdid itself this time.

For me truly it's one those games of the decade. A masterful hack slash game right beside Devil May Cry and Bayonetta IMO. Also the soundtrack gave me those Ghost in the Shell vibes, which incremented the excitement and rush of the action even more. Awesome game all around.

I've never played anything even remotely like it.

Not only it's masterful hack&slash, it seamlessly moves between metroid-like game, turrican-like game (if anyone remembers it, I'm sure there is modern equivalent of that old Amiga game), and it's so tightly connected with incredible music that one boss fight shoots lasers on crescendos and on chorus it starts another lethal attack, so in effect you actually dance around it and with it in ever increasing furry of its singing.

There are others, equally unique, equally though-provoking bosses.

It explores themes like loneliness, mortality, religion, even nihilism; what it is to love, to care, to help another, to sacrifice, to grow, to hate, to change.

I'll shut up now, but I'm mesmerized by it and so totally in love with it that I could go on about it for hours.

now i feel like i really have to try out nier automata..been on my list for a while!
Eight or over.