Started by Ben_j, Dec 13, 2015, 13:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 18, 2016, 20:03

I liked it, however
Spoiler
the CGI Tarkin and Leia were way inside the uncanny valley :/

Spoiler
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-KJGLRmt0w&feature=youtu.be

I guess they had a little to work with to make him. Nitpicks: I thought it was good on both tarkin and leia, but tarkin imo looked cgiish but acceptable in my terms, but leia looked like she had puffy cheecks!
Spoiler
Last Edit: Dec 20, 2016, 20:56 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I thought it was great!
This is the stuff we would've needed in the Prequels.

"Well, I enjoyed that more than I thought I would"  ;D
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

So many cut scenes. I hope there is a director's cut edition when the movie gets released on blu ray.

I liked it, lots of action
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

All these Star Wars ROGUE ONE scenes and dialogue were included in the official trailers and TV spots, but they were eventually left on the cutting floor during the editing, and were not included in the movie for different reasons. It's a shame, there are many great scenes here, from the planets Lah'mu, Eadu and Jedha, to the Rebel Base on Yavin 4, Death Star and the final battle on Scarif!

no idea, no idea

I thought is was really, really, really fucking good.  Different, but familiar.  It was not only a Star Wars film from a different perspective, it was a straight up war movie! 

I fell asleep during the first half of Rogue One.

Didn't like the characters, didn't like the actors/actresses portraying the characters, the editing/story execution was bad, plot jumped between a bunch of different systems needlessly, little exposition and setup for the characters...

But the latter half of the movie was very good. Conceptually it's awesome--it's fantastic to see a back story to getting the death star plans and I loved the way that they ended it right back where it originally started. It was fulfilling.

The inclusion of the CGI Princess Leia + Grand Moff Tarkin was... odd... Especially Leia. Damn. Cartoon.

I freakin loved it!

I liked how it filled the Rebel gap leading up to A New Hope. It was dark and more devastating than I was expecting. I avoided all commentary and articles on the net beforehand so everything was fresh and unspoiled.  I can't wait to see it again so I can catch some details I missed the first time around.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Not a huge fan of bad news  :-[
no idea, no idea

OH FOR FUCK"S SAKE!!!  2016 : THE FUCKING YEAR THAT KEEPS FUCKING. 

This year is fuckin horrible, til the very end :/

2016 can go fuck itself. Seriously.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 27, 2016, 18:15

May the force be with her  :'(
http://www.vox.com/2016/12/27/14071930/carrie-fisher-dies-obituary-leia-star-wars

Her mom,Debbie Rynolds (also an actress), just died! She was preparing funeral arrangements for her daughter when she had a stroke.

Just brutal!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

My heart is broken.

And so continues the brutal soul harvest of 2016. I'll be glad when the year is over but it sucks the world will be that much more dim going into 2017.

May the force be with Carrie Fisher and her loving mother.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I don't even know what to say anymore, this is such a sad year, and when I heard what were her last words, I almost bawled.
Fuck you 2016, I wished I just slept through it.
May the force be with them both.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

came back from the cinema. and yes, me gusta. better than episode 7, not better than episode 4-6. exact what i wanted from the movie.

Spoiler
and with cgi tarkin and leia: on tarkin you can see the cgi, on leia i haven't. but that could be because her scene was short as fuck. but be prepared, i think we meet cgi leia in episode 9 again
no idea, no idea

Just came back from Rogue One and I enjoyed it. I could be more critical, but the newness is winning me over for now. I will say, that was a lot of death, destruction, and apocalyptic scenarios for a Disney film.

I agree the acting was pretty bad, but I can't say I blame the actors/actresses. They didn't allow any character development. Too bad, because I have enjoyed the work of Ben Mendelsohn (please check him out on the season 1 series 'Bloodline' on Netflix), Diego Luna, and Forest Whitaker. It's probably for the best though, considering the movie was simply the glue between episodes 3 and 4.

The real star of this film is the Maldives. How fucking beautiful where those beach scenes?! Too bad the country will swallowed by the ocean soon.   

I see your Honest Trailer and I raise you a Bad Lip Reading.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning