Would You Like to Come Inside?

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Why Aphex Twin would choose to release Syro when he's sitting on this kind of tracks is beyond me.

https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/boxenergy4remix1

This will always hit the spot when I'm in the mood for some sleazy, trashy rock with some serious bite. 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Sep 20, 2015, 04:48

This will always hit the spot when I'm in the mood for some sleazy, trashy rock with some serious bite. 

I go to The Death Set for this :)

Wasn't aware of this remix

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

South Park brought me here:

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 25, 2015, 10:23

South Park brought me here:

I'm still waiting to watch the episode with supposed Safety Dancing of the Trump.

Strangely, Despacio (Soulwax/James Murphy) brought me back to reconsider the Safety Dance. Once I got over the cheesy '80s lyric quality, it opened up as an interesting early electro track. There is a flow there that goes beyond the staccato rhythm that most jokes are based on...at least to me.

As for me...
https://soundcloud.com/platform/sixtus-preiss-lololo-band-version

Again, I'm obsessed with anything coming out of the Austrian camp of Dorian Concept, Cid Rim, or Sixtus Priess. They are making a steady stream of interesting electronic tunes driven by jazz that feels like it has been slowly evolving with every release, unlike that whole edm/dubstep side of things that...it sounded the same back in 2011. You know my beef with EDM kids.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Sep 25, 2015, 21:55

Strangely, Despacio (Soulwax/James Murphy) brought me back to reconsider the Safety Dance. Once I got over the cheesy '80s lyric quality, it opened up as an interesting early electro track. There is a flow there that goes beyond the staccato rhythm that most jokes are based on...at least to me.
Haha, one of my first thoughts when I heard Safety Dance were: "I'm sure this would sound great as a Soulwax remix"

Tiesto  slows the  bpm's  down on his new  Faithless - God is a Dj remix for 2015 ,   kinda  hoping  there's  gonna  be an  extended  version of  this  where Tiesto  cranks it  up more towards  the end.

http://www.tiestoblog.com/faithless-god-is-a-dj-tiesto-remix/
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Hot Chip - Huarache Lights  soulwax remix

Two of my favourite tunes this year have had soulwax remixes. Normally this would be a good thing but the tunes were perfect already. You can't improve on perfection
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: Sneaker on Oct 01, 2015, 19:12

Two of my favourite tunes this year have had soulwax remixes. Normally this would be a good thing but the tunes were perfect already. You can't improve on perfection

Ah ! Didn't know there was another new Soulwax remix :) I love both Let It Happen original mix and Soulwax remix. They're different and both good

Portishead - Machine Gun

https://vimeo.com/6069729

musical masterpiece, only beaten by Glory Box
no idea, no idea

Amon Tobin - Sentimental Comets

It's such a beautiful piece of music

Quote from: Sneaker on Oct 01, 2015, 19:12

Great tune, thanks!
Not too impressed with the Soulwax remix. It doesn't really add anything interesting to the song.

I suppose this should be considered "NSFW" seeing how a word that rhymes with Helen Hunt's last name is used about thirty times or so.  But is a very lovely song that I would like sung by a choir of children at my funeral. 

Revising my classics as in one week, I'll be seeing the Danny Elfman's music from Burton films concert

I think 6 years old me is going to resurface and make me feel very emotional when they play the Batman theme. I hope they also play the Penguin and Catwoman themes from Batman Returns, they're so damn good !
Last Edit: Oct 04, 2015, 21:45 by Ben_j