Who Is This Doin' This Synthetic Type of Alpha Beta Psychedelic Funkin'?

Plague Raves

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Mar 22, 2021, 10:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Not implying that you're taking a side in this, but my opinion is I honestly don't think it's as simple as guilting DJ's/artists for pursing gigs while the Covid situation remains unsettled. The entire industry has been left to defend itself, so they are literaly playing by the rules as written. If people want to hold them responsible for sacrificing any type of moral compass, I guess that's fair, but this is a career for these DJ's/Artists. They don't work, they can't make a living, and if they choose they don't have thick enough skin to swallow their pride, face some criticism or take some risk... well, somebody else will.

This situation sucks so bad, I'm sympathetic to both sides.

Well, there probably won't be anyone from England travelling to Tulum for a boogie any time soon.
Harsh?

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1374253391954776064

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Resident Advisor: Is it safe to rave in Zanzibar?
Looks nice. Freddie Mercury was born here wasn't he?
If you have lost anyone to Covid, this may not be an easy read.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Terry Matthew over at 5 Magazine was covering this beat early, thoroughly, and with no need to disclose that he sold tickets to the events in question - his "rabblerouser standing up for the Lost Core Values Of Our Scene" writing style can start to grate on me in more innocuous circumstances but it is, I think, unfortunately dead-on for what this subject matter merits:
https://5mag.net/i-o/namaste-bros-plague-rave-djs-tulum/
https://5mag.net/features/plague-raves-zanzibar/
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 08, 2021, 19:50

Resident Advisor: Is it safe to rave in Zanzibar?
Looks nice. Freddie Mercury was born here wasn't he?
If you have lost anyone to Covid, this may not be an easy read.

As for safety protocols, Sabira and Manuela said they always have a first-aid kit on site and limit each party's capacity to 120 people.

lol. 

But seriously, this article is infinitely sad. Nothing like politics and greed dismantling third world nations. Unfortunately, for "the civilized world", this particular problem doesn't stay local.

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 09, 2021, 19:57

Unfortunately, for "the civilized world", this particular problem doesn't stay local.

Well DJ's like Ricardo Villolobos and the party people from the "civilized world" are a big part of the probem. The first world shoudn't be blaming the third world!
The organisers and DJs take advantage of lax rules in poor countries who are desperate for the torusim. Then their DJ "star power" attracts wealthy people from around the world who come and spread the virus.
I would suggest that wealthier people are in a position where they don't have to be a part of this at all. And they shouldn't be. Many big name DJ's have shunned this stuff. But clearly some haven't.
IT'S MORNING TIME!