Surrender

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ThePumisher on May 19, 2022, 19:32

Vangelis - Main & End Titles (Blade Runner)

Sad day, R.I.P. Maestro, Vangelis

Somehow, the first theme that popped in my mind when I heard Vangelis had passed was not Blade Runner, not Chariots of Fire, but 1492.

In germany we can't think of Conquest in first place because we where force punished with it in the 90s  :D
First Henry Maske choosed that song to be his song everytime he walks to the ring. Then Maske becomes everybodys darling. Now that songs starts having heavy radio rotation, went up the charts, and boom - weeks & months of this song at least once in every hour. Too much is too much. (ok, it's a great track...)
no idea, no idea

Daniel Avery with HAAi and Kelly Lee Owens - Chaos Energy
Eight or over.

That Daniel Avery was pretty great.

Really glad he keeps putting out music--nothing I've heard from him tops Drone Logic for me just yet, but the atmospheres that he creates in his tracks these days is just stellar and certainly makes me want to hear more.

Daniel Avery still. This live set is ridiculously good. I love how he twists his tracks

You were always such a free spirit
Who came and went so much
A will-o'-the-wisp and charming with it
I'm still longing for your touch

^ A difficult band to categorize, those Sparks brothers. In 1973 they played the Marquee on London's Charing Cross Road, their support band that night was Queen. And if you listen to Sparks' Dick Around you can hear that they could have been Queen too if they wanted. But Queen never went as electronic as this live verson of Number One Song in Heaven.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Apparat - Heroist (Substance Remix)

no idea, no idea

When I Break Horses' Chiaroscuro album came out in 2014, I got an advance promo CD and did a little review here on the forum (previous version).
I mentioned Julee Cruise a couple of times in my review. She had worked with David Lynch on Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks.
When Maria from IBH subsequently said that Charioscuro was inspired by Twin Peaks, I was chuffed to see that I had been on the right track.
I'm not so chuffed with today's news though: Julee Cruise has passed away. RIP.

Last Edit: Jun 10, 2022, 22:04 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 10, 2022, 21:54

When I Break Horses' Chiaroscuro album came out in 2014, I got an advance promo CD and did a little review here on the forum (previous version).
I mentioned Julee Cruise a couple of times in my review. She had worked with David Lynch on Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks.
When Maria from IBH subsequently said that Charioscuro was inspired by Twin Peaks, I was chuffed to see that I had been on the right track.
I'm not so chuffed with today's news though: Julee Cruise has passed away. RIP.

Funt Fact:

Julee filled in for musical guest Sinéad O'Connor who boycotted an episode of SNL in protest of the host, Andrew Dice Clay

https://vimeo.com/145203027

Did you catch
? Man, it hurts. That man loves and appreciates everyone he works with.

On a personal note, feel bad for only just catching up with the Twin Peaks craze during the covid pandemic. The Twin Peaks soundtrack has to be the most listened to album for me of 2020. I've gotten my fair share of Julee Cruise within the last couple of years, but never exposed myself to her music beyond the soundtrack.

RIP, Julee

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 11, 2022, 07:25

Funt Fact:

Julee filled in for musical guest Sinéad O'Connor who boycotted an episode of SNL in protest of the host, Andrew Dice Clay

https://vimeo.com/145203027

Did you catch
? Man, it hurts. That man loves and appreciates everyone he works with.

On a personal note, feel bad for only just catching up with the Twin Peaks craze during the covid pandemic. The Twin Peaks soundtrack has to be the most listened to album for me of 2020. I've gotten my fair share of Julee Cruise within the last couple of years, but never exposed myself to her music beyond the soundtrack.

RIP, Julee

There's also this.

And this.

And this.

Also this.

Also this.

And also this.

Here Come The Drums

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Damn that new Röyksopp album is a very good listen

Röyksopp & Karen Harding - Unity

no idea, no idea

Deep words in this world of COVID and constantly playing in my head

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Four Tet - Looking At Your Pager
(Live from Glasto 2022)

no idea, no idea

Henry Saiz + Röyksopp =

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Doggg - SebastiAn

SebastiAn has been on repeat lately, Doggg especially. Honourable mention to CTFO.
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Anthrax & Public Enemy - Bring The Noise

no idea, no idea