Hey Boy

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MadPooter on Aug 22, 2016, 07:20

It is with some selfish pride that I'm able to post a link to a CBS news story featuring a lawsuit that I filed on behalf of 22 tenants.

To see something that I did featured in a way that might affect public opinion actually makes me pretty happy.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/08/21/oakland-residents-displaced-from-building-under-renovation-file-lawsuit/

If you're at all curious to see a big part of my life, give the news segment a look. I appear at about 1:40 in the segment.

This case is going rather well.  ;D

Uhhh....Pooter. With the tragic fire in Oakland this weekend, do you know if it was the same owner that you were going against for the building above? The report in your link clearly isn't the same building (did the old google check on that), but is this a case of the landlord now facing worse then before?
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

From the news stories I read, this was not the same owner.

This was heart-breakingly tragic. Some of my clients knew a lot of people that died--it's a fairly close, well-connected bunch of artists. This is going to be a sad week.

There has certainly been increased attention to the tragedy in Oakland. I've been contacted by major news media outlets a number of times in the past 24 hours.

Damn.

I have to admit, the attention makes me feel important. But I talk to my clients and everyone is just so fucking sad.

Still, I'll have to see what comes from the coverage. It will be interesting.

Quote from: MadPooter on Dec 07, 2016, 00:04

There has certainly been increased attention to the tragedy in Oakland. I've been contacted by major news media outlets a number of times in the past 24 hours.

Damn.

I have to admit, the attention makes me feel important. But I talk to my clients and everyone is just so fucking sad.

Still, I'll have to see what comes from the coverage. It will be interesting.

I'm so sorry this has affected your clients. The whole situation has made me so sad. I really don't get out all that much to see shows and whatnot these days, but I think of all the times I did in the past, and looking back how unsafe those situations could've been. There were plenty of times way back when, where the fire marshall was called in to break up the party. Plus in his youth my husband lived in Oakland, in a warehouse with a bunch of punks back in the early 90's, very similar to the one that burned down. It could have been any of us.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Yo, what the fuck is wrong with 2016??? Now George Michael passed away too.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Last Christmas George Michael was alive

(sorry for that, i'm drunk)
no idea, no idea

Happy Christmas everybody.

Hope you all had a good holiday.

Just suggested Loops Of Fury for "The Chain" on BBC 6 Music. They've played 'The Masses Against The Classes' from The Manic Street Preachers, and my chain suggestion of Loops Of Fury was that the Brothers remixed the Preachers several times and Loops is like Masses a non album single.
Maybe i get a response...
no idea, no idea

Spike Jonze likes people dancing in hotel lobbies

WTF, is that really Norman the Slim Cook??
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Dec 30, 2016, 19:31

WTF, is that really Norman the Slim Cook??
No, it's just a mashup of the Kenzo World ad (including the music) and the Weapon of Choice music video. Both were directed by Spike Jonze.

So sad that the Chemical Brothers aren't on the bill for Coachella.

I'm starting to feel what my Canadian brethren to the north feel like. Except, well, I did manage to see the Chems twice in 2015, so I can't complain all that much.

Still, I had a hope to see them. And now I likely won't be making the trip down south.

Also on the list of disappointment is the no-show Alive 2017 tour from Daft Punk. I was also hoping for that, in all honesty. Alas, looks like that shall not come to pass as well.

I think we would have heard something by this time.

You know, I do hate to trash talk Daft Punk because they're *insanely* good producers/electronic music composers. But I do wish they would create another live electronic music experience and stop trying to push their brand by creating commercial goods masquerading as art.

Other than that, I miss Whirls and Stash. And Enjoyed needs to try some corn-flake encrusted french toast.

Quote from: MadPooter on Jan 04, 2017, 06:27

So sad that the Chemical Brothers aren't on the bill for Coachella.

I'm starting to feel what my Canadian brethren to the north feel like. Except, well, I did manage to see the Chems twice in 2015, so I can't complain all that much.

Still, I had a hope to see them. And now I likely won't be making the trip down south.

Also on the list of disappointment is the no-show Alive 2017 tour from Daft Punk. I was also hoping for that, in all honesty. Alas, looks like that shall not come to pass as well.

I think we would have heard something by this time.

You know, I do hate to trash talk Daft Punk because they're *insanely* good producers/electronic music composers. But I do wish they would create another live electronic music experience and stop trying to push their brand by creating commercial goods masquerading as art.

Other than that, I miss Whirls and Stash. And Enjoyed needs to try some corn-flake encrusted french toast.

And we miss you too, Pooter! I love to see you when you're visiting S California and it reminds me that stash and I let faaaaarrrr to much time pass between trips up to the Bay Area. Hopefully that will change depending on where Connor goes to college. He has his sights set for schools up north so that means if he gets accepted, we will be visiting up your way more often!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jan 05, 2017, 16:40

https://mic.com/articles/164330/coachella-s-owner-phil-anschutz-actively-funds-anti-lgbtq-and-climate-denial-groups#.X0C5mdz50

:(

Apparently this has been known for awhile. But the story got recycled in the form of click-bait with the release of this lineup.

Either way, disappointing. The Coachella brand and the people who run it are on the opposite spectrum of both issues he funded, so it shows how closely he is involved with his properties.

As for Coachella lineup. Man, we have come a far way from the good ole days. Beyond Radiohead, there is very little identifiable rock groups. That being said........

HANS FUCKING ZIMMER!!!

Wow out of no where! Man that has me so hyped. Apparently he has some California dates during  April but no east coast or Midwest plans.

I think I'm going to return, not because of quality of lineup, but because I miss the polo grounds. 

Was bummed to see no Chemical Brothers on the list, as well. It's been a long while since their return and would have been fun to see them play out my dream scenario of them celebrating "Dig Your Own Hole"'s 20th year anniversary.

Last year was the first in the last ten years that I didn't go to single day of any festival.  I might got to Forecastle in Louisville (less than 90 miles from Cincinnati) if LCD and PJ Harvey are playing on the same day.  Weezer is fun as shit, I'd like to see Run The Jewels, but LCD and Harvey are my only priorities. 

wow, that was a lot of downtime
no idea, no idea

It's rigged!
— Aurora (The Seed)