You Are All My Children Now

New Album 2017 ?

Started by orangewedge99, Dec 31, 2016, 10:04

Previous topic - Next topic
Are there any plans for releasing a new album in 2017? According some recent interviews, they are returning back to the studio or they already have. So what do you think?
Last Edit: Dec 31, 2016, 11:33 by Csar
So let your body rock...

As much as I'd love to be treated with another fantastic album next year, I somehow doubt there will be one. They just finished touring that went on for 1 and half year which doesn't leave much room to produce with all that travelling, I guess. Yeah, they hinted at some new/ unreleased potential new album material they might still have in store. But I reckon we'd have to wait at least until 2018 to hear something fresh. On the other hand, now that Ed's back and seems to have recharged his batteries let's hope I'm all wrong. So, fingers crossed!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I think Ed mentioned in a recent interview that they will be back in the studio in December. To release a new album in 2017, it would have to be an extremely fast production. More probable, in my opinion, is that they work on new songs during the year and in late 2017/early 2018 start touring with DJ gigs where they sneak in the new music into their sets.

Well, that's true! But it took them just 2 years to finish WATN after PTB. Maybe something like an EP, that would be cool.  ;D
So let your body rock...

2017 would be really quick for an album, but I'd love to see it happen.   Ed did say he didn't want to go another 5 years for a new album!
Never for money, always for love.

I doubt we'll get an album in 2017.
If anything, perhaps a one off track or something else.
But I imagine 2018 at the earliest for a new record.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Dec 31, 2016, 17:49

Ed did say he didn't want to go another 5 years for a new album!
Keeping in mind that Ed knows there's an unused "Version 1" of the Trespass soundtrack, if this can be used as the basis for the next album then I guess the gap really could be a lot shorter than 5 years.

Quote from: ThePumisher from the Trespass Against Us thread on Jan 27, 2017, 21:36

I book a plane to London, pay a cab to the RAR-Studios and throw exact every 15 minutes a lemon at Tom's head if he decides not to release it!
Good luck with that! He probably wouldn't tell you that Trespass V1 is going to be recycled into Chemical Nine...
Also good luck with the cab fare. RAR/Tom's house is somewhere in Sussex county which is an expensive taxi ride from London. Sussex incorporates Beachy Head (famous suicide hotspot) where T&E posed on the "beach" under grey skies a year or so ago (you've seen the pics), and Brighton is also in Sussex (south coast) which is where Fatboy Slim lives and where he held his famously overcrowded Big Beach Boutique raves. So if you do go, may as well say hi to Fatboy too.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

http://www.rollingstone.it/musica/interviste-musica/chemical-brothers-siete-pronti-per-le-nuove-canzoni/2017-06-28/

This is a very recent interview in which Ed is talking about their current working on the new Chemical Brothers album. Sadly, it's in italian, but you can translate it through Google. They are testing their new material in their recent DJ-Sets, he's stating that the new tracks are very beat-orientated and filled with new rhythms. A very interesting interview. ;D

So... there will definitely be a new album.
So let your body rock...

Quote from: jacksrevenge on Jul 14, 2017, 06:33

Can't already wait!!  :D :D
Welcome back, my Indian brother!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)