Shrine Expo Hall - May 15 - Los Angeles
12 (75%)
Greek Theater - May 16 - Los Angeles
10 (62.5%)
Bill Graham Auditorium - May 17 - San Francisco
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 07, 2019, 16:48

Though, I'm not sure we need to leave so early! 10am sounds fine and in good time to me

Quote from: rynostar on May 07, 2019, 12:19

Leave around 8 at latest as the journey will take us 7-8 hours (adding stoppage time). Show "starts" at 8 in sf meaning that if we're at sfo by 3-4 we should be in good time.

ok lets talk! i dont mind leaving early as well! 8,9,or 10 will do fine as well (9 sounds good imo)! if we get there around 3-4pm or earlier, this will give us time to eat, check in the hotel, recharge, etc before the show.

@Conn6orsuper117 need your opinion too!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 12, 2019, 07:35

ok lets talk! i dont mind leaving early as well! 8,9,or 10 will do fine as well (9 sounds good imo)! if we get there around 3-4pm or earlier, this will give us time to eat, check in the hotel, recharge, etc before the show.

@Conn6orsuper117 need your opinion too!

If you're leaving L.A. I suggest leaving at 8 or even 7.
If I arrive on time (12 or 2 ish) I may have 3-5 hours before the show starts.
I dunno how long the drive is from LA.
EDIT:

OK,upon reading google maps, if you take the interstate (I-5, then turning off onto 580) You'll reach SF in 6 hours. so leaving at 8 will have you there by 2 (be advised, there's toll).
leaving on the coastal highway (101), you'll be there in 10 hours.
Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 08:16 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

This is going to be the most epic forum meet-up shenanigan of all time, you west coast chemical guys!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quick request to keep spoilers outta this one since I'll / we'll be checking it to plan!

Do we want to setup a group chat? I use GroupMe a ton but if there's another preferred app (or just group text) let's do it.

I'm chilling in LA now by the way - saw Santa Monica and the Getty Center yesterday!
Never for money, always for love.

Very nice!

I'm down for a group chat thing. I just installed GroupMe... can't seem to find anyone on there but I probably did something wrong. Otherwise Facebook messenger works for me. Or text, if someone want's to grab my number - just send me a pm.

Does anyone have a place in mind for Wednesday? Food and/or drinks? The tastier the better, but also, whatever will be conducive to a big group sitting altogether!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 12, 2019, 20:01

Quick request to keep spoilers outta this one since I'll / we'll be checking it to plan!

Do we want to setup a group chat? I use GroupMe a ton but if there's another preferred app (or just group text) let's do it.

I'm chilling in LA now by the way - saw Santa Monica and the Getty Center yesterday!

Hey you made it!
I don't have Groupme but FB messenger can do for now. I just sent you guys contact info in case you need to reach me.

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 12, 2019, 21:48

Very nice!

I'm down for a group chat thing. I just installed GroupMe... can't seem to find anyone on there but I probably did something wrong. Otherwise Facebook messenger works for me. Or text, if someone want's to grab my number - just send me a pm.

Does anyone have a place in mind for Wednesday? Food and/or drinks? The tastier the better, but also, whatever will be conducive to a big group sitting altogether!

I am sifting thru that right now and it's tough because I'm not sure what everyone likes. But maybe we should discuss this on FB and see what everyone things. Preferably close to the Shrine would be good too.

I've sent FB messages to Pooter, Inchem, and Enjoyed with my contact info. I can easily do group text or FB Messenger.

The 8-10 timing for leaving Friday works for me. The reason I mentioned earlier was thinking that rush hour traffic may be a thing to think about. I was also considering that we will also need to do a pit / lunch / gas / pee / coffee stop once or twice. I am still down to drive a leg. Also, someone needs to make a playlist with chemical influenced songs (it will probably be me)...

Whitenoise, agreed. NO SPOILERS!!! I started hype prep by re-watching Don't Think on Friday night. Fuji memories coming back hard.

To give a sense of timing for me. I fly in late in to LAX late in the morning on Wednesday. I don't fly out of SFO until Sunday morning.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Gotta figure out the landing on Tuesday (tomorrow) part

Been working so much lately that I have neglected this part

I land at 3pm LAX, anyone else landing around then in LAX?
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's hungry? Potential places for the eat, meet, and greet.

Wahlburgers! -  Name says it all
835 W Jefferson Blvd #1710, Los Angeles, CA 90007
https://wahlburgers.com/locations/california/usc/food-menu

Grinder - breakfast, lunch, dinner typr restaurant
525 W 28th St, Los Angeles, CA 90007
http://www.grinderrestaurants.com/menu

Five Guys - Similar to In and Out Burgers.
530 W 27th St, Los Angeles, CA 90007
http://www.fiveguys.com/Menu

The Lab Gastropub - main entrees + beer
3500 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90007
http://thelab.usc.edu/eat/

Please any recommendations, ideas, opinions, or others choices are welcome.

edit: I chose these places because its less travel from point A to point B, and its minutes away from the Shrine!

Shrine location
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Shrine+Auditorium+and+Expo+Hall/@34.0234928,-118.2813486,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x96ef2bf284b9dced?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjlxa_DnJniAhVkHzQIHfUDD-sQ_BIwC3oECAwQCA

http://www.shrineauditorium.com/general-info/plan-your-visit/parking

Lots 1 and 3 can be entered from Jefferson. 20 bucks gets you in!
Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 19:23 by inchemwetrust

I would never say no to Five Guys, though I've also wanted to try Marky Mark's (brother's) burgers for a while now.

My preference would be for somewhere we can get a beer too. Unless we're planning to grab a bite and then grab a drink at a different location. Either way, I eat most things, and happy to go with the crowd.

The Lab also looks good.

And just like that I've been wildly unhelpful by saying the equivalent of "somebody else choose!"

If you really want a preference from me, I'd love to be able to drink a Ballast Point somewhere...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

No to five guys. Yes to beer (the weirder, the better). I vote lab

Enjoyed, I have something extra for you...
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

The glorious trip is just one day away! Have fun you guys and dance as hard as you can for those who aren't able to join you. The night(s) will be yours!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Beer, beer, beer, beer.... yes to beer.
On an airplane now. This is really happening.
See y'all soon.

Have fun. The forum meetup back in Gelsenkirchen was nice, or to say it like the Brothers: "Well, that was some experience!"
no idea, no idea

My husband deserves a gold star for putting up with my nonsense. Between the spotty logistics, my apparent wardrobe anxiety, carting his ass all around California for the other two men in my life (Tom and Ed), AND dragging him to a family function in Los Angeles on Saturday morning, I'll be lucky if I'm still married by the time Sunday rolls around.  :D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Have a fun week west coast people!
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

UPDATE

Ok! The reservation is set for 8am!

Here's the place to meet at enterprise

8734 Bellanca Ave

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Enterprise+Rent-A-Car/@33.9576736,-118.379756,15z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0xf544382f6421da7!2sEnterprise+Rent-A-Car!8m2!3d33.9576736!4d-118.379756!3m4!1s0x0:0xf544382f6421da7!8m2!3d33.9576736!4d-118.379756

If anybody else besides me wants to drive, just let the counterperson know and show them your DL. Up to 3 drivers can drive the vehicle. I will sign the rental agreement there. 66 dollars total for the trip (not a bad deal)

'Caroline' just needs some gas to fill her tank up. the gas station is about a block away. Bring snacks and drinks,luggage, phone chargers, etc with you. We'll make some stops along the way of course.

In any case your late or any changes come up, just give us a call. Ryno, WN+1, Conn6or+1 you have my contact info, Other than that. Caroline is ready! '

HERE....WE.....GO

CALIFORNIA ROLL CALL FOR ALL SHOWS:

Madpooter + Guest
AndroidGeoff
Biff
Enjoyed
Darkstar
Whirls  + Hubby
Crotor
Conn6orsuper117 + 1
Rynostar
BeckyAtlanta
WhiteNoise + 1
Inchem

..did I miss anybody

Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 20:20 by inchemwetrust

See you guys in Frisco!
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Have the best time everyone! Sounds like an immense meetup and it's no doubt gonna be a killer few days for everyone attending!

Have a nice weekend, guys!)
Hi Kevin!