Surrender to the Void

Japan - producing 78% of the worlds weird shit

Started by ThePumisher, May 27, 2017, 22:59

Previous topic - Next topic
i'm heading to tokyo for a small vacation at the end of october. two questions:

1. is anyone here good in japanese and can translate me the following "Kono-do, go yoyaku itadakimashite makotoni arigatōgozaimasu. Kakunin shita tokoro, genzai no 10 tsuki 28-nichi chekkuin no yoyaku no kudan wa mondainaku, yoyaku sa rete imasu. Shikashi, 5 tsuki 18-nichi chekkuin no yoteidatta kudan ni tsuite wa go raiten sa rete inakatta koto ni kanshite no go an'nai no mēru ga todoite iru ka to omowa remasu. Hoka ni nanika go fumeina ten ga gozaimashitara, go renraku onegaishimasu."

2. any recommendations where i definitely should go? any daytrips outside? is mount fuji too far or too boring to go if your stay is only 10 days including the flights?
no idea, no idea

As a day trip I definitely recommend going to Nikkō (north of Tokyo, about 1-2 hours by train as far as I remember). There' a forest with many beautiful ancient Temples and Shrines to see.

Another fun day trip is to Kamakura, there's a famous giant Buddha statue with surrounding temple/shrine. The peninsula of Enushima is also worth a visit. If you're lucky and the weather is clear, you have a beautiful view of Mount Fuji from  there. And you're a fan of Studio Ghibli, there's a great fan store somewhere in this area.

In Tokyo, if you want to see the city from above, you can go to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Buildig. It has a visitor's platform on the 45th floor which is free of charge.
While the public can't visit the emperor's gardens, some of the buildings are visible from the park in front of it. It's also an unusually quite place right in the center of this bustling city.
I was in Tokyo only for a very short time, so there are surely many more things to see and do.

Quote from: Stefan on May 29, 2017, 07:45

In Tokyo, if you want to see the city from above, you can go to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Buildig. It has a visitor's platform on the 45th floor which is free of charge.
I like that because until now i thought i have to pay plenty of money for the Tokyo Sky Tree.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Stefan on May 29, 2017, 07:45

You're talking about this building, aren't you? => http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3011_tocho.html

and for the topic-title:

no idea, no idea

So, i'm back from the trip and i can say that Tokyo is the most craziest city i've been to. I'm still trying to handle all the impressions. Would definitely go back there.
no idea, no idea