Who's Hungry?

Timeless tunes!!

Started by Mob1, Jul 23, 2015, 16:35

Previous topic - Next topic
So, this is the topic where you post the most memorable, awesome, mind blowing tunes you've heard in your life. We all know that CDs get scratched, hard drives die, youtube accounts get merged, vinyl never gets returned when you borrow them to someone...

The goal is that we don't forget these gems.

The rules are: only tunage allowed, the shit you'll drop at 4 am or at some  really special moment (not some artsy track for the sake of it). And if possible stay in the electronic realm.

I'll start:

If we are on the underground house and techno trip I often reach for the following:

Deetron - I Cling (Aril Brikha Remix)

Abe Duque - What Happened

Levon Vincent - Love Technique   

Its 28 years old for crying out loud. Still awesome. Noel Gallagher was on Desert Island Discs last week and he chose this, when i spoke to my team at work about that, all over 30,not one of them knew what i was talking about, i nearly cried.

Awesome tunes ACIDCHILDREN and Chops!!
I love all of them, so much I have Love Technique and What Happened on vinyl, bought em when they came out. I had borrowed Love Technique to a friend but got it back thank god, it's so hard to get right now.  The Brikkha track didn't know it, REALLY good.
And that Voodoo Rham on Acid, I have on an orange vinyl and I play it a LOT.

here's another banger

especially when you know that Beethoven was nearly deaf when he wrote it...
no idea, no idea

Read the fucking rules moron.

Chems used to play this in sets, rumored to be the inspiration for Underworld's Rez....IMO it outdoes it:

Never for money, always for love.

Gotta have a classic in here.

From the Chems BGWIO mix. I know this is not the edit they made, but this is the original source.

And my personal fave, but an awesome track after a gig or driving with the sun coming up.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

So, the first time I heard this tune, was a life changer. My mind blew instantly.

I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

For anyone who just knows Sabres of Paradise for their crappy Chems remixes. This is how good Mssrs Weatherall Kooner & Burns could be...remixed by David Holmes.
It's a long track, so if you must skip through it, I beg you to at least get to 10.30 where the drums come in (and then really get going at 11.15). Yes, something new happens that late in the track. Cos it's awesome!

But you know the original version is probably more beautiful, albeit less badass than the above remix. So If you liked the above, then this really is worth a listen too. Gets going around 4 mins in.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I've always liked Theo Parrish - falling up (Carl Craig  remix)...

And also so many of his productions are great including Ertoic Discourse and the Truth  album, but this always hits the spot, Paul Woolford - Pandemoniun...

This is also a classic, I remember speaking to Tom at turnmills who  said that her liked it, Gabriel  Anada - Dopplewhipper...

I will come back soon armed with some  Wink, who also happens to be my fave dj.

Although i had heard some bits of detroit techno in my youth, this is this first album of it that i heavily got into, bout 93/4 and the title track is different gravy

Last Edit: Jul 24, 2015, 17:17 by Chops

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 24, 2015, 03:20

And my personal fave, but an awesome track after a gig or driving with the sun coming up.

First time I heard Time, wow man, it was like being on natural E.

And holy shit WN, what a find.

Now a classic from the late nyc days. the sound is a little low, so i suggest to turn the volume up.

On semi transparent blue vinyl...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Really never understood why Medicine 8 didnt go on to be huge.  One absolutely tremendous album that seems to have gone under the radar, but whenever i have played stuff out, its always gone down well to new ears.   This track is timeless for me and always will be cos of the lyrics.  The albums called Iron Stylings if you havent heard it. Get on it. Life changing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO2g9gA7cSo&list=PLy5yxOXRidaqCz-0C5lLh73DoI84siIOi

Quote from: Mob1 on Jul 24, 2015, 00:31

Read the fucking rules moron.

Oh he was just having some fun.

Re Gabriel Ananda, I very nearly posted "Ihre Persönliche Glücksmelodie" when I was doing my Sabres of Paradise post above, (but Sabres won out). Definitely worth a listen though.
Re Brancaccio & Aisher's Everybody, I have this on vinyl somewhere. A nice DJ/club track but perhaps not a timeless one for me.
Re: Medicine 8, aka brothers Luke & LiamMay. I stumbled accross their soundcloud a while ago. I think they do a lot of bootleg remixes now.  I preferred the single Capital Rocka myself.  They seemed to go out of fashion before they ever "made it".  Forever consigned to the margins now I guess.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 24, 2015, 03:20

Ha, I discovered that track about 2 years ago and then used it for a one time only dj-set at a friends 30th birthday. I guess I mixed it with this one here:
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)