Yeah, We Will Live Again

Show me what you've got (Chems releases collections)

Started by Explud, Aug 13, 2015, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey , . . loving the Star Guitar collage , . . thanks for posting the pic , . . i was wondering what it looked like .
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

I was just heading out from home in my car in 2002 when I heard a competition on the radio to win signed Chemical Brothers stuff , it was the Steve Lamacq evening show on Radio 1 (uk) , I pulled over and phoned the number to enter the competition. Couldn't believe it , got straight through , spoke to the Radio 1 team and Steve Lamacq. To win i had to complete the blanked out vocals on Hey Boy Hey Girl . . . not too hard then. I won signed cd , album & album artwork screen print , . . good times  :music

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

That's awesome! Good story for that bit of memorabilia.

Did they do limited edition screen prints for most of their releases (ala the Born in the Echoes lithograph that comes with the 3LP)?

Hi, New to the forums.
I have a Facebook page to keep track of my collection. There are currently 238 CDs, vinyls, cassettes, etc. in my collection. The page is arranged by album including photos of the front and backs of each item along with serial numbers. May be a good reference resource for other collectors too.

Check it out at https://facebook.com/TheChemicalBrothersCollection

Quote from: NMDUST13 on Sep 08, 2015, 06:05

Hi, New to the forums.
I have a Facebook page to keep track of my collection. There are currently 238 CDs, vinyls, cassettes, etc. in my collection. The page is arranged by album including photos of the front and backs of each item along with serial numbers. May be a good reference resource for other collectors too.

Check it out at https://facebook.com/TheChemicalBrothersCollection
Quite a collection you have there! You don't have by any chance a promo of Old Git (now known as Spring) with the instrumentals of Left Right and the Boxer?
Last Edit: Sep 08, 2015, 18:04 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

No, not yet. That's a pretty rare one and I haven't seen it for sale anywhere.

I though I share this but It finally came in today! It feels really sturdy, Almost feels like a clipboard. Its from 2008, and no catalog number for it. 

...and some last minute orders!  ;D
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 23, 2015, 18:11

I though I share this but It finally came in today! It feels really sturdy, Almost feels like a clipboard. Its from 2008, and no catalog number for it. 
Nice!!

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 22, 2015, 19:43

I'm not impressed until I see :

2. Factual evidence that someone actually bought The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Pt. 1 Soundtrack CD

YES!!! I finally got it today. Whopee!!!
No pic to prove it (which could be a photoshop thing) but I got some interesting info from the booklet.

1) This is not a game is written by Tom Rowlands, Miquel and Lorde. So no Ed on the writing credits. The track is produced by the Chemical Brothers. Does that mean that both had hands on the production or could it be a Tom solo production.
2) I love Lorde's track Flicker Beat. On the album is a Kanye West rework. The (Lorde) vocals for that track are recorded at Rowlands Audio Research.

Added to the collection

New Order - Here to stay promo with Here to stad (extended instrumental)
Beth Orton - Anywhere promo with Daybreaker (instrumental)

Recently picked up Brotherhood and a 12" of both Sasha remixes of Out Of Control (the latter was a $1.99)

Be proud of it. This is more rare than Nicolas Cage acting.
no idea, no idea

Doing some spring cleaning today, came across the only two magazines that have made it through multiple purges, plus this unauthorized book bought off ebay in the early '00s, "Done and Dusted"

Makes me think of some of the other stuff I had and left behind in a few moves - Surrender mouse pad for example..

Curious about that done and dusted? Never saw that one before. Gotta look into that!

I have a mixmag with the chems cover with the acid clown. I also need to frame that damn litho after the first frame broke.

Never pulled the trigger on that surrender mousepad. There's still one lurking on eBay I think.

Happy to post some photos or scans if anyone's interested and the guidelines allow. Considering the book is already "100% unofficial" I'm not really if that's alright or not.

The writing is pretty dreadful but there are likely to be some early/mid 90s photos people will be interested in.

These have been with me for over two decades and keeps on growing - though many of these mags have gone under due the Internet and lack of interest in news print...
On the subject of the "Done & Dusted" book. This is a 100% unofficial book published back in the late 90s and has quite a few photos and a very basic bio of the boys. Mine is still in mint condition as I purchased it when it was released back then and only opened the once or twice. Great memories (and feeling rather old).

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Apr 07, 2019, 04:05

These have been with me for over two decades and keeps on growing - though many of these mags have gone under due the Internet and lack of interest in news print...
On the subject of the "Done & Dusted" book. This is a 100% unofficial book published back in the late 90s and has quite a few photos and a very basic bio of the boys. Mine is still in mint condition as I purchased it when it was released back then and only opened the once or twice. Great memories (and feeling rather old).

nice collection you got there WL! I miss print media alot these days but anything chems related arouses my interest. the mag interviews, where they came from ,where theyre going, thoughts on music trends in the past, the shape of their ever changing music, etc. making comparisons from what they said back then til now.

I think some of your collections might have a pdf version out on the interwebs, but I always enjoy someone sharing their love for the band thru some collection of sorts.

I do have that copy of mixmag of the clown! sundays are good for reading after all!

Nothing to Special

Bought Loops EP, DYOH & Surrender in the same day along with Discovery by Daft Punk
Loops of fury EP was found Factory Wrapped in mint condition, snatched it in a heartbeat

Bought Used versions of Singles 93-03 and further at a CD-World last weekend.
Singles was $4 since it was missing Disk 2 and the back has a huge ugly crack. (I knew I should've grabbed the other copy for 10).
Further was $10 but the disk is like New.

and finally No Geography, received this morning from Amazon
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Apr 18, 2019, 23:16

Nothing to Special

Bought Loops EP, DYOH & Surrender in the same day along with Discovery by Daft Punk
Loops of fury EP was found Factory Wrapped in mint condition, snatched it in a heartbeat

Bought Used versions of Singles 93-03 and further at a CD-World last weekend.
Singles was $4 since it was missing Disk 2 and the back has a huge ugly crack. (I knew I should've grabbed the other copy for 10).
Further was $10 but the disk is like New.

and finally No Geography, received this morning from Amazon

Nice!

Starting a chems collection is a beautiful thing. Next thing you know, You need more space to put them somehwere!  ;D   Good to see fanbase showing off their goods!