I See the Sun Now

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
This might fit nicely into a late night psychotronic mix.
BTW I wasn't here in 2007. Do we know why Das Spiegel is called Das Spiegel? Anything to do with Laurie?

Laurie Spiegel: Patchwork

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 17, 2018, 17:36

BTW I wasn't here in 2007. Do we know why Das Spiegel is called Das Spiegel?
As a German native speaker, I've wondered about that as well.

Knowing that T&E are kind of culinarily interested (Jerk Chicken anyone?), my best guess is it was meant to be named das Spiegelei. They probably cut it short to make it less obvious.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

^ Ah Gabe Gurnsey who, as one half of Factory Floor (there used to be three of them but now two) has spent quite a bit of time hanging out with one of the Hacienda's former owners (Stephen Morris). He's now made a track that seemingly samples lots of tracks that would have been played at the Hacienda in the 80s and early 90s. I think I can hear a bit of Mr Fingers'
in there (Not to be mixed up with Royal House's
which I think influenced Technotronic's Pump Up The Jam). Not sure what else is in there - lots of small bits.
As for Factory Floor, they're a fun electronic band to see live. At least for about half an hour; after that they get a bit repetitive.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 18, 2018, 10:51

At least for about half an hour; after that they get a bit repetitive.

I found the same experience listening to their album actually.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

St. Vincent - Fast Slow Disco

no idea, no idea

Japanese Breakfast - Boyish

no idea, no idea

Ever shazamed a track, got the wrong answer but you liked it anyway?
Nine minutes of acid.

Renato Cohen - Sauna (Original Mix)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Last Edit: Jun 24, 2018, 09:38 by Bosco

:music

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Cool they've the got the encore for the live album coming, I'll like this album way more than the original studio recording of the woman tracks:

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

When this rave tune came out, there's no way it would have appeared in a TV advert.

But I guess by now it probably feels pretty dated for the young folks.
Original vid (do I hear a Pygmy Music sample in there?):

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Mattiel Brown

Goddamn, i f*****g love her album. Count Your Blessings and Bye Bye are such tasty tunes.

Still a bit confused why an album releasef on Heavenly Recordings is published nearly a year earlier in the States than in Europe. And i'm also a bit mad at her that she's touring europe in november but not coming to germany.
no idea, no idea

I'm sure most of you know about this guy, but if someone here is a fan of classical and not so classical rock, take a look at his covers of bands like Rolling Stones and Radiohead, they are fantastic, but Nirvana takes the cake!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!