Dream How I Dream to Feel

C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L

Started by Ben_j, Sep 05, 2016, 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic
Rather than continuing a little off topic on the singles recap thread, let's talk about C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. here (and the track deserves its own topic anyway :D)

In case you didn't follow, the track is finally getting released in a new Japanese edition of Born in the Echoes, on the 27th of September !

In case you REALLY didn't follow, C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. is a track the Chems have been using for 4 years in their DJ Sets, most of the time as the opening track :

Here's an older version, that I like more :
Last Edit: Nov 04, 2016, 14:28 by Ben_j

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I think that just as the above video fades out, the video here continues the track.  If so, that means that CHEMICAL is about ten minutes long.

*EDIT*. Ok Ben has edited his post now. I meant the first of the two videos above.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I still haven't seen the Chemical Brothers live yet, but I do occasionaly listen to some live versions of songs on youtube. That said, this is my first time properly listening to this song and damn is it funky. Really looking forward to getting a clean, good quality version of it. Not sure how I feel about 10 minutes though, seems like it could get kinda repetitive outside of a live performance.
The devil is in the details

Quote from: Skyscraper on Sep 05, 2016, 13:38

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I think that just as the above video fades out, the video here continues the track.  If so, that means that CHEMICAL is about ten minutes long.

*EDIT*. Ok Ben has edited his post now. I meant the first of the two videos above.

I think it will be a bit shorter (6, 7 minutes ?) because the end loops for a long time on both versions

EDIT : the older version is actually just 8 minutes long. Minus the ~1mn of looping at the end, it would be 6 or 7 minutes long.

Great news Ben!

I think this is the first time that'll actually buy 2 copies of the same album. The additional remixes on the 2nd disc is worth the purchase!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Maybe this gets a release as EBW
no idea, no idea

It certainly would make one hell of an EBW!

You forgot about last version of it?

The best capture of it was blocked, interesting...

Hi Kevin!

6.14 long
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: Sneaker on Sep 05, 2016, 20:58

6.14 long
Ok, my bad, I didn't take into account looping, or indeed the 'Scale' type intro which i guess won't be on the official release.
What's your source on this exact timing?
*EDIT* oh HERE

Quote from: Explud on Sep 05, 2016, 20:43

Ugh really? That's the most recent version? I like the bit at 2.24 on the very first video in this thread. If we don't get that version I won't be happy!
Last Edit: Sep 05, 2016, 22:59 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Explud on Sep 05, 2016, 20:43

Yeah I didn't even remember it ! My favourite is still the first one. With that funky synth line. Unfortunately I think it won't be the final version :(
(the little riff at 2:52
)

Exciting news! :o

Really, the entire second disc is awesome with a C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. cherry on top.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Oh, that's exciting news! I'm curious how the finished tune turns out to be. Maybe they reworked the "climax" part a little but I doubt it somehow. Anyways, can't wait to sing along the C the H the E the M the I the C the A the L the Bruvas, the Bruvas!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

What do yoou guys think, are there any plans of releasing C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L internationally? Or just as a bonus track on the japanese special edition? NEED TO HAVE THAT TRACK!!!!!  :'(
Even Supeflash hasn't been released yet. Maybe they're putting out a new EP at the end of the year, that would be awesome ...
So let your body rock...

On twitter Ed or Tom mentioned that Superflash was already released on Don't Think and that there are no other releases planned for this song (it was some time ago and they might change their mind one day*)
I think that it will remain exclusive on the Japanese edition. The songs Don't Think and Purqouis were also only released on the Japanese version of Further.

*One of them also said that there are no plans on releasing C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. Glad they didn't keep that promise  ;)

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 21, 2016, 21:26

The songs Don't Think and Purqouis were also only released on the Japanese version of Further.
Pourquoi was exclusive to itunes USA as far as i remember.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 21, 2016, 21:39

Pourquoi was exclusive to itunes USA as far as i remember.
Yep, you're correct.

Just preordered the Japan tour edition to go with the rest of my Japan editions of Chems albums. I already own the Japan edition of Born In The Echoes. I love the Modern Masters editions EMI Music Japan did. They took the vinyl versions of the albums and shrunk them to CD size. They come in something similar to Born In The Echoes digisleeve, but much thicker and higher quality materials. Plus you get all of the individual vinyl labels for each record side as a separate art piece. They did from Exit Planet Dust to Come With Us and included Brothers Gonna Work It Out. I wish the rest of the albums had these Mini LP editions because I hate jewel cases.

Did anyone got to hear the C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. track? Release date is today ;)

SOMEONE NEEDS TO UPLOAD THIS TRACK!!!!!! I NEED TO HEAR IT, I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING ABOUT THIS TRACK  :o :o :o :o
So let your body rock...