Feels Like I'm Dreaming

US Elections 2016

Started by ThePumisher, Nov 08, 2016, 11:09

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks for that blog article, Enjoyed!
I spent all afternoon and evening reading the whole executive order in question and lots of articles commenting on it yesterday. As much as it was interesting to dive further into American politics, it was also deeply disturbing with respect to the ex- and implicit ramifications this all could mean for immigrants, non-immigrants and refugees in the future. Moreover, the whole way it has been enforced also speaks volumes about this administration.

Btw, this article was also interesting to read as it takes on the assertions that this order is seen to be similar to previous actions/ orders of the BO administration.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I think the thread title should be redubbed "World on Fire" so we all can share our anxieties about newsy events and political dumbfuckery, region free.

Last Edit: Feb 01, 2017, 00:42 by Bosco

I am getting more and more AngryFrustratedPissedOffDiscouraged every day. Trying not to use this group as an outlet, but all of my FB friends are seeing it. I'm trying to get facts and history out there, but many fellow Americans just live in an alternate reality. This is really the only international forum I am part of, so it feels good to be part of a community that is clearly more intelligent than many of my countrymen.

Find me on the forum FB page and send me a friend request if you want to read the perspective of an American that is NOT okay with this. Let me know who you are. I don't know everyone's names, but I'm J Scott.

I used to post family charity events and sci-fi reviews and pictures of my action figure collection. This past month it's been almost nothing but yelling WAKE THE FUCK UUUUPPPPP!!!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I hear you brotha.

I don't have facebook, but I do have twitter (only use it as pseudo news source, don't actually tweet). But there is some excellent follows out there during these trying times if your feeling frustrated. Not saying they'll make you feel better, but will assure you that you don't feel alone on all the bullshit that is going on.

Some of my favorite since the election:

Michael Ian Black (Comedian) https://twitter.com/michaelianblack

Andy Richter (Comedian/Conan O'Brien Sidekick) https://twitter.com/AndyRichter

Megan Amram (Writer/Twitter Treasure) https://twitter.com/meganamram

Bill Sienkiewicz (Artist, creator of my avatar that I use) https://twitter.com/sinKEVitch

America first - Everybody else second

Here's something funny for a change. Built upon the great Dutch video "Netherlands second"and its viral success, lots of late night shows are coming together to apply for being the world's second :D.

http://www.everysecondcounts.eu/

The original:

Our approach:

Switzerland:

Denmark:
Last Edit: Feb 03, 2017, 14:07 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: satur8 on Feb 01, 2017, 19:01

I am getting more and more AngryFrustratedPissedOffDiscouraged every day. Trying not to use this group as an outlet, but all of my FB friends are seeing it. I'm trying to get facts and history out there, but many fellow Americans just live in an alternate reality. This is really the only international forum I am part of, so it feels good to be part of a community that is clearly more intelligent than many of my countrymen.

Find me on the forum FB page and send me a friend request if you want to read the perspective of an American that is NOT okay with this. Let me know who you are. I don't know everyone's names, but I'm J Scott.

I used to post family charity events and sci-fi reviews and pictures of my action figure collection. This past month it's been almost nothing but yelling WAKE THE FUCK UUUUPPPPP!!!

I've typically stayed neutral when it comes to politics on Facebook, but that has all changed. The months leading up to the election to now have me more vocal, if not on my page, then on other people's posts or public pages.

As a rule I tend to generally stay out of politics here on the forum, with the exception of a handful of times when I made it known my "dumb librul" leaning tendencies. Ideally, our corner of the internet would welcome all regardless of political affiliation. If the shoe were on the other foot and the majority of this forum were conservative, I'd kind of be put off and wouldn't post much, if at all. That said, I'm glad this forum exists, and am glad this thread is here. I'm so stressed out of the news each day that it's been affecting me physically and emotionally.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post really. I just love you guys and am glad you're here.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

We're glad you're here too, Whirls.

And with regard to making this a safe space for both sides, I agree. I am really keen to discuss what is happening with folks that support it. In efforts to understand why. And to 'bridge the gap', as we keep being told is the only real solution. I think that's true and as much as my opinions on the matter are strong and wildly against those supporting it, I do want to open up a dialogue with people so that we can figure out this whole mess.

I feel like a fraud sometimes being so affected by the state of this country that I'm not yet a part of, but it's important. For everyone. And if I can help anyone here at all, if only by listening and talking, then please send me a message, or find me on Facebook. These are tough times at the moment and having people around to listen and talk to is crucial.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

NIN Year Zero happens to be the most current important album.  Never mind that it is ten years old.  And we thought civil liberties and human rights in general were being trampled by George W. Bush.  I also remember when I thought he was arrogant.  Jesus Fuck America.  You had ONE FUCKING JOB to do ONE FUCKING DAY!!!   >:D

I am an American and completely disappointed in my country. As much as I dislike Hillary Clinton, I'd prefer her over Donald Trump any day. But being a progressive Democrat, I must admit some of the blame is on my own party. They pulled some stupid sh-- in the primary and election. Yes, I am a Bernie Sanders supporter and I am proud of it. It pisses me off how the DNC colluded with media within our party to undermine his campaign. I believe Bernie would have destroyed Trump. Another big problem is the 40-50% of the American voting population who did not vote. So no, this is not Trump's America. Hillary had 3 million more votes than him and the millions who didn't vote at all. So Trump does not have the majority support of this nation. Plus the leaks have shown the DNC pushed Trump and the other crazy candidates to the forefront because they thought the crazies would be easier to beat. Boy were they wrong. The DNC's behavior on top of FBI Comey's BS media stunt to rob the election on BS charges did not help. Our broken system and out of date electoral college elected Trump. 

According to this article, we have over 200 million registered voters...
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/how-many-registered-voters-are-in-america-2016-229993

And the elections results...
Clinton - 65,844,954 (48.2%)
Trump - 62,979,879 (46.1%),

So that means 70+ million people didn't even vote. So more people didn't vote at all than either candidate's own total votes. So if No One was an option, No One would have won the election. Pretty sad.

Last Edit: Feb 06, 2017, 00:05 by neorev

Today our Secretary of Education essentially bought her position and has promised dangerous and regressive changes. She was confirmed along party lines (with two dissenters) against the will of the people. Representatives ignored calls, emails, petitions and protests and claimed the opposition was small and paid for, not genuine despite the evidence. In reality, they answered to their donors, not their constituents. This corruption is blatant and things are getting exponentially worse. I am very unhappy.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Feb 07, 2017, 19:12

Today our Secretary of Education essentially bought her position and has promised dangerous and regressive changes. She was confirmed along party lines (with two dissenters) against the will of the people. Representatives ignored calls, emails, petitions and protests and claimed the opposition was small and paid for, not genuine despite the evidence. In reality, they answered to their donors, not their constituents. This corruption is blatant and things are getting exponentially worse. I am very unhappy.

But I thought they were "draining the swamp." 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Feb 08, 2017, 15:56

But I thought they were "draining the swamp." 

By swamp, he means politicians. He's replacing top positions with his business cronies instead of real politicians.

Much love to my Scottish peeps... 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Feb 10, 2017, 01:28

Much love to my Scottish peeps... 

Speaking of Scotland this also happened last year at Trump's Golf Club and was broadcast in the UK on Tuesday night this week.

IT'S MORNING TIME!