For That Beautiful Feeling

2015 - Apple Music Festival - Roundhouse - London - September 24th

Started by Bosco, Sep 02, 2015, 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry  ;D but I have another question where come from "it's the lifestyle we living" sample???
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

Quote from: NiCk.Dj on Sep 29, 2015, 14:28

Sorry  ;D but I have another question where come from "it's the lifestyle we living" sample???
This is a quote from the DJ Sven Väth.

Quote from: NiCk.Dj on Sep 29, 2015, 14:00

And what is it the sample at 1:31:52? and the drum sample between EBW8 & elektrobank?
I saw (I think) that's called Here comes the drum...
The time marker you gave is Music Response and the breakbeat drum sample between EBW8 and EB is probably coming from the same drum kit/ sample loop they used for EBW8 with just another pattern which they, by the way, should have used in Saturate from the very beginning. I can't believe (pun intended) they didn't.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I have always assumed it was their placeholder drum loop when developing the song
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brought this to a friend's house over the weekend. We got high, plugged my laptop into the big screen,  turned out the lights, cranked up the volume, and just melted... Everyone was staring at the screen stonefaced for the entire 2 hours.

Thanks again Toxic!

Quote from: Csar on Sep 29, 2015, 19:23

The time marker you gave is Music Response and the breakbeat drum sample between EBW8 and EB is probably coming from the same drum kit/ sample loop they used for EBW8 with just another pattern which they, by the way, should have used in Saturate from the very beginning. I can't believe (pun intended) they didn't.
I intend the voice that can be heard say something in music:response in the first bar
Anyway thanks
Last Edit: Sep 30, 2015, 18:47 by NiCk.Dj

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 29, 2015, 14:50

This is a quote from the DJ Sven Väth.

thanks but there's a song where he speaks this phrase??

Quote from: NiCk.Dj on Sep 30, 2015, 18:46

thanks but there's a song where he speaks this phrase??

http://www.theshrine.de/

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

can exist a better quality?

Lets get this stuff shared and distributed properly since the other sources keep disappearing:

Here is the .torrent for the .ts file (the video file ripped directly out of iTunes at the highest quality video and audio):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/42isx5wqyfa9h7e/Chemical%20Brothers%20Apple%20Music%20Festival%202015%201080p.zip.torrent?dl=0

And here is the .torrent for the mp3 tracks @ 320kps (I could provide FLAC if enough people REALLY wants em)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpjupol9s7rybvb/Chemical%20Brothers%20Apple%20Music%20Festival%202015%20Live%20mp3.zip.torrent?dl=0

Thanks for uploading but does anyone have another way of getting the set (audio only) as the torrents aren't coming down at all! :(

Quote from: heggig on Oct 17, 2015, 14:18

Thanks for uploading but does anyone have another way of getting the set (audio only) as the torrents aren't coming down at all! :(

See Csar's briljant post in this thread ;) (page 13)

Thank you Csar for making that rip and chopping the tracks up! It's like Don't Think 2.0

I can't get enough of the PPR performance from the Roundhouse set. It's so bloody perfect!

Ran into some trouble here,   :(
does anyone have the files to the show in a different file format than .ts? the audio channel wont show up in my video editor for some odd reason. demuxing didnt do a thing.

So besides Greysquire, Sneaker and Acid Children, somebody else from the forum did go to the Roundhouse that night...me!

Looks like lots of people got excited at the time of the gig. This thread was three pages long the last time I saw it prior to gig. The next time I looked it had jumped to fourteen pages. Mind you I did have about a month off from the forum.

Judging by Errol's response to my email, I think I may have been the first to confirm success. So he knows I am grateful. I took a friend along who wasn't as grateful as I expected, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the shit out of the gig.

I wasn't on the forum on the day of the gig (the New Order album had just leaked and I was getting excited about it elsewhere) so I didn't know who had got tickets. I looked around me about half way through the gig trying to magically guess who was there from the forum, but funnily enough I didn't have a clue!  Judging by Greysquire's photos he was a bit further back than me. I was pretty near the front and slightly to the left.

I went on to the Apple website about a week after the gig, y'know just for the memories. There was an additional clip to the main show: A couple of cute chicks around 20 or 21 talking about how they go to a Chems gig to have a good time (no! really??), intercut with T&A talking about preparing for the gig and Adam doing his "best summer job" line. Not essential admittedly but I thought it was worth a mention. Just went back on Apple music now; I can find a bunch of those festival gigs but not the Chems one, so maybe too late...

Thoughts on the gig? In short: Fuck Yeah!

Longer version: Nice and loud, happy crowd, loved the visuals and the robots, danced my ass off.

Other thoughts:
The live (basically original) version of Deserted really worked with the volume up. Probably the first track that really got me moving on the night. It made me re-think my love for the Skream mix which had just come out. This may sound obvious but it's a really good dance tune (as opposed to a head trip). It just really works.

Snow/STA was the one part of the gig where I went: Huh? What is this celestial thing? Somehow I hadn't noticed the "Please help the world you're living in..." vox at the beginning, so it was those heavenly Snow vocals over...something I didn't recognise at first. When I eventually recognised STA, the spine tingling just got bigger and better. A real highlight of the gig for me.

That shiny confetti stuff? It was like a carpet on the hard Roundhouse floor by the time it had finished falling. For those of us who dance with our feet (rarer than you'd think) it was kinda slippy.

Did I see a theramin being used at some point or did I imagine that?

It's a bit of a shame that there isn't more proper live playing. I know it simply isn't possible for a lot of this stuff, but for example the keys on the live Star Guitar could surely be played by hand, couldn't they? Having said that I'm aware that Tom had a bit of fun with the stop/start stuff during the Reel. Hell, everybody had fun during the Reel.

Also, Glavanize and BRB both still really work as end-of-set tunes to make the fans happy.

When I got home that night, a couple of pieces of confetti fell out of my shirt as I was taking it off. It was only then that I realised my shirt was actually soaked through with sweat.  The mark of a good gig, I reckon. Thanks Errol and Tom & Adam.

Ps: I took some pix which I've just transferred from my phone (prompting this post, two months late) but they're not as good as Greysquire's.

T&A are in there somewhere

Oh there they are (ugly people duck your heads please!)

Swoon I presume

You lookin at me??

Reel good
IT'S MORNING TIME!