Total Members Voted: 7

Quote from: kosek on Apr 07, 2022, 19:50

Actually there were exactly 5 unreleased tracks on Surrender box set
Unreleased tracks vs. tracks in total.
Album plus 5 unreleased bonus tracks
+Full disc with bonus tracks
+DVD with videos
+Japanese bonus CD

I would have liked a proper release of a 1997 live set and a DVD too, but still, those 5 bonus tracks are pretty cool.

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 07, 2022, 13:11

There's a mini website up with the story behind each track:

https://digyourownhole25.thechemicalbrothers.com/

Priceless! This should've been the print that comes with the album
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

So excited about this, need to order me some of the merch!  This is my favorite album of the ones I've listened to so far so it's super super awesome we're getting some new stuff.  I loved all of the small stories and insight behind each track; that's the thing I crave most, just knowledge and stories behind any and all things chemical.  I was especially excited to hear that It Doesn't Matter was one of their favorite tracks! - or at least, one of the favorites of whoever wrote these blurbs.  Who do we think did?  It's hard to tell based on the text alone. 

This is (to my knowledge) the first real officially released stuff we've gotten from them this year, so I'm super excited to hear the rest.  As a few others on this thread mentioned, I wish there was inclusion of the other tracks on the singles in this album.  Buzz Tracks, Not Another Drugstore, and These Beats Were Made For Breakin are all some of my favorite Chem tracks and some of the most under appreciated ones, so it's a bit of a shame they're not getting coverage here, but I can't complain.

Do we think the other four bonus tracks are coming out on digital too?  I only listen to these guys digitally, I don't have a record player or anything, so I hope they do get digital releases. 
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

ok, pre-ordered the vinyl. pretty sure i'm getting number 1/1997  ;)
no idea, no idea

The demo version of Elektrobank is fantastic!

Quote from: FreeYourself on Apr 08, 2022, 07:31

If the LP is limited to 1997 copies, it would have sold out in less than an hour. Still for sale. I dont care about LTD editions anyway as no intention to sell, just want the new tracks but its likely they pressed 10X that amount due to how many millions of fans they have. Its also likely they will put out a standard non-numbered edition on the release date which will be exactly the same.
I doubt that is the case. Both Surrender boxes are still available everywhere cheap and easily which means they didn't seell well and Universal overestimated the demand.
That is probably also the reason for this stripped down reissue (only deluxe editions, no proper SDEs/box sets) in limited numbers.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 07, 2022, 17:17

I would've also liked a 25th anniversary of the DYOH singles, with each of them having alternate takes of the single and other unreleased stuff on them.

Yet another copy of this album added to the collection!  ;D

Yeah, I was hoping for the same thing :/
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

I leave home for a good month and come back to this!!!

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 07, 2022, 10:09

ITSHAPPENING.GIF
Really excited for this. I wonder what "I Love Tekno" is, since it's labelled as "Alt Mix" it implies it should be another name for a track we already know? The live mashup of It doesn't matter and Under The Influence maybe?
I Love Tekno was the demo/working name for don't stop the rock, I believe. Really hoping The alt mixes are similar if not hopefully the same as the Lollipop/organic recordings.

I'd be super heartbroken if they're just the EBW versions
Last Edit: Apr 09, 2022, 04:08 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

After listening to the demo, so very thankful for the final studio version of Eleketrobank.

Quote from: FreeYourself on Apr 08, 2022, 15:06

Box sets never sell well so I can see why they didnt do a box set for this. Record stores hate them because they take up too much space and are hard to sell. I love them!

It would also make more sense to sell more LPs at a lower cost than this 3LP which is overpriced. Any fan who already has 2 or more vinyl pressing of the album has to weigh up if they want it to be a completist as it would be much easier to know its worth the money if there were samples to listen to all the bonus tracks.

Boxsets never sell well...
Boxsets are what make CDs a more profitable format than vinyl. Vinyl may have finally outsold CDs for the first time in terms of quantity, but CDs still brought in more revenue than vinyl. And that is largely thanks to boxsets. In 2022, vinyl may finally surpassed CDs in revenue, but we must wait and see.

Take up too much space in record stores...
Rarely anyone buys their music from record stores anymore except on Record Store Day. Most people just order online.

Quote from: neorev on Apr 08, 2022, 19:41

Rarely anyone buys their music from record stores anymore except on Record Store Day. Most people just order online.

This might be the one place that that's not true actually! I visit my local record stores at least once a month. I'd love to order things directly from artists' websites, but with shipping costs, it's actually cheaper, or at least very close, to go get it from a store. Plus I get to support a great local business - not to mention walk home with it that day.

I did order The Chems CD online, of course, but given that it's a UK print (seemingly), not sure how much chance there is of getting it in store.

Boxsets though, to your point, are the big exception. I've bought all those online and wouldn't trust my luck to secure a limited thing like that in store - if it was even available.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 08, 2022, 09:28

ok, pre-ordered the vinyl. pretty sure i'm getting number 1/1997  ;)

Oh Yeah! I'll bet you one Ruble that I will have the lowest number! (Shakes fist)

Besides, Ed always gets the first of these numbered copies.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Maybe i am Ed and not telling anyone...
no idea, no idea

The Blessed Madonna does a three-hour show on BBC 6 Music on a Saturday night. It gets broken up into three seperate sections/podcasts.

21:00 BST Mixtape: Chems Mania!
The Blessed Madonna plays the best samples from the Chemical Brothers' "Dig Your Own Hole" - which celebrated its 25th anniversary this week.
With music from Rare Earth, Captain Rock, Schooly D plus a new track from the Chemical Brothers' previously unreleased session archive.

22:00 BST The Story Of... "Dig Your Own Hole" at 25!
The Blessed Madonna celebrates 25 years of a masterpiece from the Chemical Brothers by playing the album in full.
Join the Blessed Madonna as she pays homage to "Dig Your Own Hole", with some recordings from the BBC archive of Ed and Tom breaking the record down.
(I'm guessing we'll get some stuff from T&E's thing they did for Zane Lowe back when he was on BBC Radio 1, Zane Lowe's Masterpieces)

23:00 BST Sweatbox: Erol Alkan
As selected by the Chemical Brothers themselves: Erol Alkan in the mix!
https://twitter.com/erolalkan/status/1512737615790981123
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 09, 2022, 11:26

22:00 BST The Story Of... "Dig Your Own Hole" at 25!
The Blessed Madonna celebrates 25 years of a masterpiece from the Chemical Brothers by playing the album in full.
Join the Blessed Madonna as she pays homage to "Dig Your Own Hole", with some recordings from the BBC archive of Ed and Tom breaking the record down.
(I'm guessing we'll get some stuff from T&E's thing they did for Zane Lowe back when he was on BBC Radio 1, Zane Lowe's Masterpieces)

So what does she really play? Album in full? Or the stuff from the archive? She only has 1 hour and doing both is not possible. Even just playing the album in full is not possible becouse it's runtime is longer than 1h

But very excited for that Erol Mix
no idea, no idea

I guess one hour in the context of radio shows doesn't need to be exact.
Also, with the radio edits of Block Rocking Beats and Setting Sun, the album gets very close to one hour.

erol alkan's mix is a really chemical mix
Eight or over.

Quote from: neorev on Apr 08, 2022, 19:41

I can't comment on the 'most' part but there are people who prefer to buy from stores. (in fact I prefer to buy from stores as long as it's NOT RSD. eff that monkey business.) I've particularly been attentive to record stores since they started to re-open last year. partially because I am grateful they even survived all the shutdowns. partially to avoid having to pay for shipping, deal with receipt of the package, and the potential for shipping damage. I'll order things online that are exclusive to an online store, or limited edition and likely to sell out online.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 09, 2022, 14:43

So what does she really play? Album in full? Or the stuff from the archive? She only has 1 hour and doing both is not possible. Even just playing the album in full is not possible becouse it's runtime is longer than 1h

But very excited for that Erol Mix

Well, I've actually listened to the full thing, had some real fun, but tbh. I was hoping for the more Chems oriented mix from Erol, plus maybe a lil sneak-peak in form of some EBW, or another bonus track, but naaah.

I think, that I'll pass on buying the separate copy of the album, but I'll get the bonus content as digital. To be honest, It'll be really nice as the separate EP for those, who have their trusty CD, or Vinyls :D
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?