It's the Lifestyle We're Living

Now Gaming

Started by Nekcore, Jul 21, 2015, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 26, 2018, 11:25

In other news, Far Cry 5 is finally coming out tomorrow, and I can't wait ! I saved myself from looking at too much stuff, like the beginning of the game, that is said to be great (like all Far Cry games), but all that I've seen has me excited for that game.

Drop a line or two on how you like FC5. I'm also avoiding all spoilers but I'm interest to know what it's like. I heard (possible spoiler ahead)
Spoiler
no mini map, like in 2. That should be fun ;D

Curse of Monkey Island is also my favorite adventure. Murray!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Mar 26, 2018, 17:14

Drop a line or two on how you like FC5. I'm also avoiding all spoilers but I'm interest to know what it's like. I heard (possible spoiler ahead)
Spoiler
no mini map, like in 2. That should be fun ;D

Curse of Monkey Island is also my favorite adventure. Murray!
So far, it's the best Far Cry I've played. All of the progression in the game is organic, by saving people, exploring the world, finding infos here and there, instead of popping a point on your map. The hud is more minimalistic and doesn't feed you in the mouth all of the things in your surroundings. New abilities are unlocked via points that you acquire by accomplishing some challenges (kill x people with the sniper, free x outposts without triggering the alarm, etc), which is more engaging than just accumulating XP.
Appart from that, the Far Cry DNA and gameplay is still there, and the game looks gorgeous. I'm playing it in ultra, in 4k on my big TV, and most of all in HDR, which makes it look overall incredible.

I imagine they again used some popular artist for song in game, like they used M.I.A. in 3 and Skrillex in 4? Don't tell if it's some story related moment like Skrillex was!
Would it be too much a hassle to screenshot some gorgeous view?

I played today in gran turismo 5 suddenly during the race I heard a familiar tune ... yes this is Escape Velocity ! I was positively surprised :D did not know that in the GT5 are chemical brothers :V
My "English language" is not good, I use google translate...

Quote from: sandelic on Mar 29, 2018, 12:47

I imagine they again used some popular artist for song in game, like they used M.I.A. in 3 and Skrillex in 4? Don't tell if it's some story related moment like Skrillex was!
Would it be too much a hassle to screenshot some gorgeous view?
Given the redneck theme of the game, they didn't do this that much. There are two radios in the game, one playing christian country songs, and the other playing folk rock like Creedance Clearwater Revival

So I'm not much of a gamer that likes to use game chat while gaming, but my hand is kinda forced while playing the addictive multiplayer Co-Op of Sea Of Thieves. Problem is, my generic headset got destroyed by a vacuum cleaner incident. I would like to buy a nice headset that can be used as both gaming headset for Xbox 1 and one that has quality sound for watching movies and listening to music.

Does anybody have any recommendations? Or would it be in my best interest in invest in two separate headphones for each activity?

And to Sandelic... I agree that Curse of Monkey Island is one of my favorite point and click Adventure games. As a matter of fact the art style of Sea of Thieves is very fimilar to Curse of Monkey Island. You should check it out.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 21, 2018, 22:09

Does anybody have any recommendations?
If you can afford them, Sennheiser Momentum 2 G Black
no idea, no idea

3-4h in God of War, it's quite nice. I like the story and the world... But the combats, for now, are very slow and repetitive.

Agreed, I'm in some 10h and yeah, story is interesting (so far) and world is done pretty well - there are some jaw-dropping scenes in there (turtle!) but combat is god-awful, and Kratos is such a dick to his son!
Bought PS4 pro and VR few days ago, having fun with robot helmet :)
Last Guardian is pretty impressive, even on PS VR

I think i'll have to buy an Xbox One X and a 4K-TV until the end of October, even though both are not scheduled in my budget
no idea, no idea

Halo Online (AkA codename: El Dewrito) just got an update to 0.0.6, and almost imediately got shut down by microsoft's greedy ass. not only that, but whoever is recording or streaming el dewrito will get DMCA'ed or banned for 24 hours.

if there are any fellow halo fans here:
https://www.change.org/p/microsoft-authorize-halo-online-eldewrito
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Ah, it's that unofficial Halo game by... Russians, I think?
it's no small wonder that MS got them shut down, they are very protective of their products

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 02, 2018, 16:58

I think i'll have to buy an Xbox One X and a 4K-TV until the end of October, even though both are not scheduled in my budget
I'll buy either an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro just for that game. Most likely a PS4 to be able to have all those PS4 exclusives that I've never had the chance to play (All Xbox One exclusives are on PC too, now, so...)

I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn for last few days on PS4, and I'm loving it!
Good story, interesting world, nice presentation, interesting characters, recommended.

And I would like to retract my previous description of God of War combat system, while it does start repetitive and boring, it does get much, much better in second half of the game, with upgraded skills.
Finished it few days ago, 8/10 only because of the ending, I expected much more than cliffhanger.

Anyone watch the latest Nintendo Direct for Super Smash Ultimate?

That shit looks incredible. Like. Incredible.

Wife keeps asking me what I want for the big Three Oh, and I simply tell her Smash Ultimate every time. I haven't played since Smash on the 64 but I thoroughly enjoyed that game and can't wait to try, and then suck, at every character in this version before ultimately deciding to just play as Zelda because she's beautiful.

Going to need friends to play with. Anyone in?

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I've upgraded my rig few days ago with new graphic card so I can play games in 4k, especially Witcher 3
result is pretty amazing

https://flic.kr/p/29WY1iH

https://flic.kr/p/MPpEGQ

https://flic.kr/p/27c7Knm

and just in time for vacation next week, yeeeey!
Last Edit: Aug 09, 2018, 07:41 by sandelic

Quote from: sandelic on Aug 09, 2018, 07:27

I've upgraded my rig few days ago with new graphic card so I can play games in 4k, especially Witcher 3
result is pretty amazing

https://flic.kr/p/29WY1iH

https://flic.kr/p/MPpEGQ

https://flic.kr/p/27c7Knm

and just in time for vacation next week, yeeeey!

Not to be "that guy", but in less than a month GTX 1180 should be out ;D
What GPU did you get ?

I recently went the other way, selling my monster PC to focus on my living room PC, to play games on the TV. I will likely update it with an 1180 next month, and probably a better CPU sometime in the future too (currently it's a Ryzen 1500X)

I got 1080ti for next to nothing, that landed just when I needed it.
Now I use it on 56 inch 4k TV I got recently together with PS4.
It's amazing how good everything looks, from desktop icons to even older games like Skyrim in 4K.
Details just jump at you.

Quote from: sandelic on Aug 09, 2018, 22:11

I got 1080ti for next to nothing, that landed just when I needed it.
Now I use it on 56 inch 4k TV I got recently together with PS4.
It's amazing how good everything looks, from desktop icons to even older games like Skyrim in 4K.
Details just jump at you.
Yeah, 4k really makes a difference. For now I have a 1080 that is a wee bit underpowered to have 4k/60fps on all games, but I'm counting on Nvidia's new GPUs to solve that.
HDR also does make some games look gorgeous