5. Sometimes I Feel So Deserted
6. EML Ritual
7. Born in the Echoes
9. Taste of Honey
10. Go
10. Just Bang
11. Wide Open

Very good album overall, nice job.

Taste of honey is not their worse track ever, it'as a bit experimental, give it some time!
Last Edit: Jul 15, 2015, 14:15 by Bouh

I cant be objective with The Chemical Brothers. I really like this album. Top tracks: I'll See You There, EML Ritual, Just Bang and Radiate.

On first listen, Reflextion instantly clicked
Wide Open sounds like Royksopp  ;D
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Hmmmm.  I'm not doing this to wind anyone up as i had genuine high hopes but on first listen, I'm not so sure.  The three tracks they put out first are the benchmark and only I'll See you there and wide open are doing much for me at the minute. But i shall persevere but right now my 4 word review is Bored In the Echoes. I'll never be as disappointed with an album as i was with Random Access Memories but this is not grabbing me yet.  Hopefully it will pass the car test tomorrow on way to work, and to be honest i have not had the greatest day.  So maybe i will listen later when a bit more chill.   I'll See you there is a thing of awesomeness though.

So you wanna tell me you guys have listened to the whole album in its entirety already?

Oh, and btw:
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 15, 2015, 18:28

So you wanna tell me you guys have listened to the whole album in its entirety already?

couldnt resist. am going to a party on sat and maybe spinning a few cd's so wanted to practice a bit with a physical copy. not too sure if i will play anything yet. It is growing on me after three listens but its the mellower more pyschedelic stuff thats grabbing me. loving radiate.

So it's been leaked?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Just a few more hours to stick it out till the end. Does anyone know what artwork inside looks like?
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Csar on Jul 15, 2015, 19:41

So it's been leaked?

That sucks big time. I think the uk release is leaked.

Quote from: Chops on Jul 15, 2015, 16:10

Hmmmm.  I'm not doing this to wind anyone up as i had genuine high hopes but on first listen, I'm not so sure.  The three tracks they put out first are the benchmark and only I'll See you there and wide open are doing much for me at the minute. But i shall persevere but right now my 4 word review is Bored In the Echoes. I'll never be as disappointed with an album as i was with Random Access Memories but this is not grabbing me yet.  Hopefully it will pass the car test tomorrow on way to work, and to be honest i have not had the greatest day.  So maybe i will listen later when a bit more chill.   I'll See you there is a thing of awesomeness though.

I didn't connect with Come With Us at all at first. My initial impressions were less than desirable. I know it's some peoples' favorite album so I get the whole not wanting to upset anyone. It is what it is. Time passing and hearing the music in the live context, discussing here what people liked about some of the songs I was struggling with - those things brought me out of that funk or helped changed my perspective,  Sometimes albums are a grower. Other times not so much. And of course mood has a lot to do with first impressions! I hope your day gets better :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Am I being an idiot or have they changed the release date back to the 17th in the UK store?

Friday is my last day at the college I've been teaching at for the last 4 years and it would be such an incredibly perfect send off if I could get home and listen to the new Chemical Brothers album as I begin the next chapter of my life.

Amazon doesn't have a release date at all anymore. The regular CD, Deluxe CD and Triple LP are all 'Currently unavailable.'
"We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

I'm scared. And excited. And hopeful. And wary. And completely ready for this album.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Nekcore on Jul 15, 2015, 20:53

That sucks big time. I think the uk release is leaked.

At least the leak wasn't a week, or a month prior to the release. i'd say good control on  the most part by chems HQ! Not bad at all.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 15, 2015, 23:22

At least the leak wasn't a week, or a month prior to the release. i'd say good control on  the most part by chems HQ! Not bad at all.

True to that.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 07, 2015, 05:12

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/the-chemical-brothers/products/uicw-10004/

I went to Tower JP and found this.

Maybe chems sampled LL Cool J and Timbaland from their track...

Last Edit: Jul 16, 2015, 04:48 by inchemwetrust

yeah they sampled the shaker from that song and an LL Cool J grunt/gasp, but due to copyright, had to include the co-writers
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reflexion is Burst Generator's twin. seriously they are so similar. in sound, progression and structure, they are almost identical.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 15, 2015, 22:40

Am I being an idiot or have they changed the release date back to the 17th in the UK store?

Friday is my last day at the college I've been teaching at for the last 4 years and it would be such an incredibly perfect send off if I could get home and listen to the new Chemical Brothers album as I begin the next chapter of my life.

Amazon doesn't have a release date at all anymore. The regular CD, Deluxe CD and Triple LP are all 'Currently unavailable.'
"We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

I'm scared. And excited. And hopeful. And wary. And completely ready for this album.
Man, I hope everything will sort out for you  in your favor! I liked your initial plans on how to listen to it and think I'm gonna do the same here. But I'm kind of scared too, because I still haven't received any shipping notification yet. Has anyone of you here had experiences with pre-orders? Do they usually come to one's door step on release date or would they just be sent out that day?
— Aurora (The Seed)

Just one day to go, I'm so excited!  ;D
I have abstained from listening to any material from BITE since EML Ritual was released and decided not to read anything about the songs, so that there will be some surprises left for me when I take the CD for a spin tomorrow (provided any of the local stores has the Lt. Edition)  :music

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 16, 2015, 08:51

Just one day to go, I'm so excited!  ;D
I have abstained from listening to any material from BITE since EML Ritual was released and decided not to read anything about the songs, so that there will be some surprises left for me when I take the CD for a spin tomorrow (provided any of the local stores has the Lt. Edition)  :music

Haha, yeah! Reading through reviews and song descriptions is fun, though! It's going to be exciting how I will perceive them and whether I get the same associations.
I saw on "MädchenMarkt" that they will sell the deluxe edition too. So hopefully they'll have them in stock as of tomorrow.
— Aurora (The Seed)