Grammy Awards

Started by inchemwetrust, Nov 20, 2019, 16:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Best Dance Recording
"Linked," Bonobo
"Got to Keep On," The Chemical Brothers
"Piece of Your Heart," Meduza Featuring Goodboys
"Underwater," Rufus Du Sol
"Midnight, Hour," Skrillex & Boys Noize Featuring Ty Dolla $ign Boys Noize & Skrillex

Best Dance/Electronic Album
LP5, Apparat
No Geography, The Chemical Brothers
Hi This Is Flume (Mixtape), Flume
Solace, Rufus Du Sol
Weather, Tycho

Best Music Video
"We've Got to Try," The Chemical Brothers
"This Land," Gary Clark Jr.
"Cellophane," FKA twigs
"Old Town Road (Official Movie)," Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus
"Glad He's Gone," Tove Lo

Two cents here
But the Chems like nothing more than free publicity, even though these awards will never be aired when given out. Lucky if they even win one despite having their most ambitious album since their DYOH nomination.
Last Edit: Nov 20, 2019, 16:57 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Dang, you beat me to it :)

Here's the tweet
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1197205046527700994

Nice brothers, finally some sort of official recognition (not that they'd need it)! Let's see if they can get at least one.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Not bad! I think they have a shot at either single or album... It's hard to say because I think Rufus Du Sol is a lock for one of those too. Fun fact, I was at the very show Rufus Du Soul played Underwater for the first time. Blew my mind!

I'm shocked Tycho's Weather got nominated and Floating Points didn't. Weather is alright but it feels like a nomination for Tycho and not the album, it's far from his best or most holistic work.
Last Edit: Nov 20, 2019, 23:54 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Although I have been acting like a resentful child towards Tom and Ed lately, I will be delighted to be happy for them if they win at least one of the nominations. Because No Geography is a very very infulencing record.
Fingers crossed!
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Nov 20, 2019, 16:01

Best Dance Recording
Best Dance/Electronic Album
Best Music Video

Two cents here
But the Chems like nothing more than free publicity, even though these awards will never be aired when given out. Lucky if they even win one despite having their most ambitious album since their DYOH nomination.

Surely Best Music Video will be aired no matter who wins it? (Or am I stuck in the 80s?)
The other bits (dance categories) in the pre-awards cermony get broadcast on the internet IIRC. I watched it before on my laptop.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Got To Keep On: WINNER
No Geography: WINNER

Hollywood Reporter
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Woot, woot! Not that I know for myself that their music is awesome, it's nice to see them getting some commercial recognition again!

Congrats, Tom and Ed, much deserved! But so that you guys know, this doesn't mean you can stop right there!!! Gotta keep on!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I only care about awards when something I like wins, so AWESOME!!!!!
Last Edit: Jan 26, 2020, 22:58 by Stefan

to be fair, the other nominees really didn't provide much competition.

I'm going to be optimistic and hope that they will want to ride the success of the Grammy win and follow it with some US dates.

CBS played GTKO during the lead in to the Grammys, at the end of their red carpet coverage!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

MRW I heard the Chemical Brothers won both awards they were nominated in for No Geography.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 26, 2020, 21:47

Got To Keep On: WINNER
No Geography: WINNER

Hollywood Reporter

WOOHOO!
Congratulations to the Bros! Well deserved I tell ya!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Congrats fellas!

Outside of recognition, is there a legit benefit to winning a Grammy?

I mean I know it once use to mean something in "big box" electronic type stores, because they would categorize their cd department with grammy nominated albums and provide grammy winners with stickers around this time of year. Thing is, most of these stores have eliminated physical music sales from in-store purchase due to poor sales.

now it means a lot more clicks.

They Truly Deserves it
not because I'm a Chems fan but Because No Geography is just an awesome piece of music
Brothers Truly worked it out
Little dissapointed by WGTT not Winning the best video but I can understand that
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?