Let Your Heart See the Colours All Around You

2018 Live Dates [Tour 2018]

Started by Ben_j, Nov 28, 2017, 10:36

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Bosco on Feb 12, 2018, 22:16

How many arena shows have they played within the past 10 years?

I can only think of 2. Olympia back in 2008, and then more recently Abu Dhabi Du Arena in 2016.

I wonder if there is more significance to this date.
A lot ! From the top of my head: Paris Zenith in 2011, Rockhal in 2015, Roundhouse gigs in 2010 and 2015.

how will they fill this? i've seen them on the watn-tour at the phillipshalle in dusseldorf (capacity of around 7500 people) and it was like empty - i wondered back then why they haven't switched to a smaller venue so the people in there won't stand 2m away from each other. i mean it's not a special thing like the olympia gig or is coupled with an event like in abu dhabi.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Ben_j on Feb 12, 2018, 23:13

A lot ! From the top of my head: Paris Zenith in 2011, Rockhal in 2015, Roundhouse gigs in 2010 and 2015.

Yeah, excuse my ignorance, I figured there would be more. Although, Roundhouse is on the smaller end I thought?

Additionally, I just did some quick research, and I rescind my initial comment towards being the only non-festival date.

The Bologna date in June is an arena date, and Milano in July is at a horse race track. Also, Lithuania had an Arena show back in 2015, too. I'm sure there is more if I dug deeper.

Edit: sorry guys, I see this was basically already mentioned earlier in the early portion of this thread. I was absent mostly in December.

Last Edit: Feb 13, 2018, 00:04 by Bosco

Festival summer tour to promote the album. Followed by a late 2018-early 2019 proper non-festival tour hitting all the major stops again. Oh please oh please.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 12, 2018, 23:16

how will they fill this?

They'll probably do a half-arena show. But I would doubt they could respectively fill a half-arena either.

It does seem like an unnecessary endeavor, unless like you mentioned, there is more to it.

Quote from: Ben_j on Feb 12, 2018, 23:13

...Roundhouse gigs in 2010 and 2015.
Quote from: Bosco on Feb 12, 2018, 23:24

Although, Roundhouse is on the smaller end I thought?
Roundhouse looks big because of the high roof and the stage set up. A quick google says the capacity is just 1700. That's a lot less than say, Brixton Academy (4.9k) or the Hammersmith Apollo (5k) where they finished the last tour. I don't think you can call the Roundhouse an arena.

how will they fill this? i've seen them on the watn-tour at the phillipshalle in dusseldorf (capacity of around 7500 people) and it was like empty - i wondered back then why they haven't switched to a smaller venue so the people in there won't stand 2m away from each other.
How big was Rockhal where BenJ saw them right at the beginning of the BITE tour? Google says 6500. Well, I guess that is a lot smaller than 18k. The London, Hammersmith gigs I mentioned above were two consecutive nights - so that was 10,000 in a weekend (10k is about the same as Wembley Arena).
Maybe they're more popular in London, and I guess Paris is a smaller city. But France is a big country! And if it doesn't sell out, then there's room to move (I think sometimes larger venues offer good deals if they're struggling to fill up their schedule). The Hammersmith gigs were so packed that the only people who could dance were upstairs in the seats! Enjoy the space if you go; I hate being packed in!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 13, 2018, 00:36

(I think sometimes larger venues offer good deals if they're struggling to fill up their schedule)

Good point. And to add, helps they announced it nearly 8 months in advance.

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 12, 2018, 23:24
Also, Lithuania had an Arena show back in 2015, too. I'm sure there is more if I dug deeper.
There was no encore at this gig. Usual festival setlist.
Hi Kevin!

how will they fill this? i've seen them on the watn-tour at the phillipshalle in dusseldorf (capacity of around 7500 people) and it was like empty - i wondered back then why they haven't switched to a smaller venue so the people in there won't stand 2m away from each other. i mean it's not a special thing like the olympia gig or is coupled with an event like in abu dhabi.
I'm not sure. I hope they fill it, but they're no Lady Gaga or U2.

I just did my share of building the hype by buying 2 tickets !

And still no dates in Russia.. :'(
Last Edit: Feb 13, 2018, 13:19 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Advance tickets for Paris : https://billetterie.accorhotelsarena.com/fr/manifestation/the-chemical-brothers-billet/idmanif/426120

According to the plan, only half the seats will be used, so I'd say it will be roughly 10000 people, which they should be able to fill.
The configuration should look like this, even smaller :

The last time they played at Bercy (true name of accor areana hotel, >:( ) i was 18...it was in 2002
can't believe it was so long time ago !

the future i'll you there !

I think I wait till Friday to get my tickets.
I doubt they will sell out in 1 day.

Quote from: Explud on Feb 13, 2018, 11:56

There was no encore at this gig. Usual festival setlist.

That's a bummer. I wonder what hinges the decision to proceed with an encore.

A solo date at large indoor venue, seems like a prime opportunity to make use of softer time restrictions.

Quote from: Owa on Feb 13, 2018, 19:31

The last time they played at Bercy (true name of accor areana hotel, >:( ) i was 18...it was in 2002
can't believe it was so long time ago !

the future i'll you there !
I thought they never played there? If I'm not mistaken they were scheduled to play there but it was cancelled.

EDIT: Here's a story about the cancelled show in 2002
http://www.actuspeople.com/actus-people/chemical-brothers-chemical-brothers-bercy-annule/

Bought 2 tickets for Paris gig.

I'd prefer 2 zenith gigs with few monthes difference between each one, rathe than one big Arena show like this one. (for WATN tour, they played zenith on 7/7/2007 and 24/11/2007).

Anyway it will be a good show and vibe

Anyone seen this facebook video?

What to expect?

::)

Non festival dates I guess. But could be UK only tour...

Quote from: Joslyn on Feb 18, 2018, 21:34

::)

Non festival dates I guess. But could be UK only tour...
I think we can rule that out, unless Paris is in the UK   ;-)