1 (3.7%)
Lost In The K-Hole
3 (11.1%)
Where Do I Begin
5 (18.5%)
The Private Psychedelic Reel
12 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Simple question, really tough choice :) I'm gonna put two maximum votes, because I feel TPPR would get 90% of votes otherwise... So, the real question is : besides TPPR, what's your favorite track from DYOH ?

My choices:
TPPR (well obviously...)
Piku : it's probably the first Chems track that I remember leaving such a big impression on me, especially the part at 1:26. It was nothing like anything I had heard before, it was groovy, and I liked it.
Last Edit: Aug 22, 2015, 23:21 by Ben_j

IMHO the only good thing about that album is the cover art.
But whatever, Where Do I Begin is decent. so my vote goes for that song.

Seriously, why you do this? This is more difficult than presenting my thesis on college. Not cool man, not cool.

But wth, let's choose anyway. The private psychedelic reel.

Runner up: Where Do I Begin, Elektrobank and Dig Your Own Hole, and Lost in The K-Hole, and...

You know what, fuck it. The entire album is masterpiece, I choose all *drops mic*

Since you, Benji, implicitly excluded TPPR, and because I view Where Do I Begin as massive intro to TPPR whenever I start listening to the former (because I can't stop listening right there), I voted for Lost in the K-Hole and GUOILT (looks fake French :D). When I bought the Loops of Fury EP and was exposed to the extended version of GUOILT for the first time some years ago, it was like a WTF-moment for me. I've never really understood since then why they had decided in favor of the shorter version instead of this masterpiece. ED, I look at you!
Last Edit: Aug 23, 2015, 07:08 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 23, 2015, 07:06

When I bought the Loops of Fury EP and was exposed to the extended version of GUOILT for the first time some years ago, it was like a WTF-moment for me. I've never really understood since then why they had decided in favor of the shorter version instead of this masterpiece. ED, I look at you!
*Quietly plays the b-side of The Loops of Fury EP*... wow, since I had been listening for years to the Dig your own Hole version and the Chemical Beats remix by Clarke on Remixes & Rarities version I had never actually played the B-Side of Loops of Fury (since i had the tunes on other records and didn't want to damage the Loops  EP).. Thanks for the heads up!!

I like the b-sides from that era
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 22, 2015, 23:18

My choices:
TPPR (well obviously...)
Piku : it's probably the first Chems track that I remember leaving such a big impression on me, especially the part at 1:26. It was nothing like anything I had heard before, it was groovy, and I liked it.

Yep. TPPR and Piku all the way. I think Piku was the one that got me into Chemical Brothers the most.
I had DYOH on a casette. Blew me away. LIstened to it so much, had to buy another one as it wore out :)

Quote from: Mob1 on Aug 22, 2015, 23:59

IMHO the only good thing about that album is the cover art.

What are you talking about bro. I'll say it's their opus magnum.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

The problem I have with all those "what's your favourite from" is that I like different tracks for different reasons. It's impossible to single out any track.

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 23, 2015, 09:48

The problem I have with all those "what's your favourite from" is that I like different tracks for different reasons. It's impossible to single out any track.
Exactly!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 23, 2015, 09:48

I with you on this one. My favs differs from time and mood.
But playing along with this pol:
Dig your own hole: It's a speedbaal fun record which was a beast live at that time
Lost in the K-hole: utter beauty and a perfect come down

Quote from: Mob1 on Aug 23, 2015, 07:32

Loops of Fury
Is the Loops Of Fury E.P. more Planet Dust (because of the Chemical Beats remix) or more Own Hole (because of Elektrobank)? OK, boring question...

I would like to vote for a couple of B-Sides, Ben_J please edit the poll!
no idea, no idea

I've always considered it more of a Planet Dust release. I know it came out the same year as Setting Sun but it just feels a lot more EPD.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I agree that it's hard to single out tracks when you never always wanna listen to the same stuff, but I think I can narrow it down. For me, it's PPR (of course) and either Setting Sun or Where Do I Begin. I love both those tracks so much, and I honestly can't settle on one, so I just voted for both of them and excluded PPR! Like you said, PPR is just gonna get all the votes anyway.
The devil is in the details

Ooops only voted for 1: DYOH. My second would be Get Up On It Like This. Wish the full version made the album.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: kosek on Aug 23, 2015, 09:46

What are you talking about bro. I'll say it's their opus magnum.
And not even the best album cover I must add.

This is my favorite Chemical album, and as others mentioned, the b-sides from this era are also best.

I have not been able to narrow down my two favorite tracks, which have certainly changed over time. No vote (yet).
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

So... About The Reel. :) Of course I'd choose that! There's no "other than the Reel" or "besides the Reel". The Reel embodies everything that endears me to this band and since its on this album, well, it's going to get my vote.

My other favorite is Lost In The K-Hole.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

block rockin' beats gets no love  :D
no idea, no idea

My vote goes to "it doesn't matter" I heard it when I was in a club in Amsterdam years ago (the same club where I met jeannie once). When the bass kicked in I was blown away... Every time I play this song, I'm sorry for my neighbours...