As I Walked Along the Supposed Golden Path

Ed and Tom on ChemBase?

Started by satur8, Jul 15, 2015, 13:27

Previous topic - Next topic
I know Ed and Tom occasionally checked in on the old forum, and closing the other board was out of their hands.

Were they invited to the new forum? I'm sure they are as excited as we are when a new album is released. It would be cool to know they are lurking.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

And don't forget Adam! Wondering what he thinks of all this madness on the new tour.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Well, I know Errol knows about the forum so  most likely Tom, Ed (and maybe Adam) have been given a heads up on our shenanigans,
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 15, 2015, 14:29

And don't forget Adam! Wondering what he thinks of all this madness on the new tour.

Bad form on my part, I did forget Adam.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

That's going to be so much fun.

there was a shot of his face at the then of the glastonbury set that said a thousand words

The old forum was only one of two places i have frequented where the artists got involved. The other one was the BEastie Boys forum and MCA turned up a few times and answered a few questions and set the truth free on a couple of issues and it was pretty awesome.  Its cool that artists take time out for stuff like that and although Ed has done it before, if he's too busy  with academic work i doubt he has time to get involved currently. although i dont know if his academic year is about to end, as am not exactly sure what he is doing.  But it would be very nice if Ed, Tom or Adam had a word. 

Quote from: Chops on Jul 15, 2015, 16:31

The old forum was only one of two places i have frequented where the artists got involved. The other one was the BEastie Boys forum and MCA turned up a few times and answered a few questions and set the truth free on a couple of issues and it was pretty awesome.  Its cool that artists take time out for stuff like that and although Ed has done it before, if he's too busy  with academic work i doubt he has time to get involved currently. although i dont know if his academic year is about to end, as am not exactly sure what he is doing.  But it would be very nice if Ed, Tom or Adam had a word. 

I agree--the old forum was made a very special place in part because Tom & Ed stopped by to say hi from time to time. I always really appreciated it when they would contribute to the discussions and clear up misinformation.

My favorite was when Tom dropped by to answer the question of what the vocal sample in Chemical Beats actually said. There were a few votes that suggested "THERE'S A FUCKING ANIMAL IN ERIC'S HOUSE."

Ed was also fantastic about frequenting the old forum, and I certainly appreciated his level of involvement with us.

I certainly hope to hear from them at some point.

Quote from: MadPooter on Jul 15, 2015, 18:57

I agree--the old forum was made a very special place in part because Tom & Ed stopped by to say hi from time to time. I always really appreciated it when they would contribute to the discussions and clear up misinformation.

My favorite was when Tom dropped by to answer the question of what the vocal sample in Chemical Beats actually said. There were a few votes that suggested "THERE'S A FUCKING ANIMAL IN ERIC'S HOUSE."

Ed was also fantastic about frequenting the old forum, and I certainly appreciated his level of involvement with us.

I certainly hope to hear from them at some point.
I wasnt on there enough to see that much but from what you say, thats an amazing level of interaction. My experience of MCA was that he reacted to a couple of particular things.  I'd understand any artist not wanting to give secrets away or even not wanting to interact but i guess the boys arent a typical act, fair do's to them.  Considering Ed's lovely post about closing the old forum i would hope they know about this place and will contribute at some point.

Miloco2forum, Meerkat, BanTheChampaignSpiller.. Where art thou?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Wasn't there a KlingKlong as well?

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 15, 2015, 20:13

Wasn't there a KlingKlong as well?
Now that you mention it, this could very well be. Those three nicks above just sprang to my mind. ACIDCHILDREN should still be ashamed of himself, though, for spilling champaign on Tom's turn tables! :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 15, 2015, 20:35

Now that you mention it, this could very well be. Those three nicks above just sprang to my mind. ACIDCHILDREN should still be ashamed of himself, though, for spilling champaign on Tom's turn tables! :D

Very expensive tuntables! Weren't they CDJ's that got wet. Didn't those players just started coming out as new that year me thinks. Still surprised that Tom didnt kill him that night.  ;D
Last Edit: Jul 15, 2015, 20:43 by inchemwetrust

Quote from: Csar on Jul 15, 2015, 20:35

Can you expand on that? That story is new to me, what happened?
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

I second and third that!!
Please drop the whole story. :o

Quote from: sandelic on Jul 16, 2015, 11:03

Can you expand on that? That story is new to me, what happened?
Quote from: Mob1 on Jul 16, 2015, 11:46

I second and third that!!
Please drop the whole story. :o

Uhh, I don't know if can put this story together correctly after all these years. For all I remember, it must have been a New Years Eve party at Turnmills (around 2006) where Ed and Tom played a DJ set. At the party were some of the England based or flown-to forumites, and Acidchildren, one of the forum members, spilled some champaign onto their decks. Why, I can't remember. But alcohol and dancing was involved, so yeah, the one led to another. The next day or a couple of days later Tom emerged on the forum as BantheChampaignSpiller and made some funny remarks about the incident.

Ha, edit (also Tom's in there!):
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KNhxT4p1x5AJ:forum.thechemicalbrothers.com/index.php%3F/topic/4107-the-champagne-spiller/+&cd=1&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de
Quote from: banthechampagnespiller!   Posted 02 July 2006 - 9:10 PM

nice shirt man!

see you guys at fabric and in barce...

we in the studio working on new stuff at the moment-should be playing some new bits at these dj dates.stuff sounding different and good!

hope you all having a great summer...

tomx
Last Edit: Jul 16, 2015, 14:04 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Thanks for sharing, I wish I could have been there :D
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

A whole bunch of people bared witness to the champagne spilling incident! I wish I had been there, too! Let see... Jeanie was there, chemcialfan, iguanapunk, mippio, I believe chem'd up was there too.  I know there were others. Up near the decks it was a sort of forum takeover and it got a bit rowdy with people dancing. I recall someone posted a picture of some people dancing on these speaker stacks. Anyway, epic night had by all. Except for the spilled champagne.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

That sounds epic.

Well...Errol is here...I think

http://forum.thechembase.com/index.php?action=profile;u=38

Also, Errol, You did a TedX talk?!? Damn!

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly