For That Beautiful Feeling

No Reason

Started by Joslyn, Feb 17, 2023, 07:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 17, 2023, 18:27
last fm is saying No Reason is featuring Nick Murphy (aka Chet Faker)
they must've gotten it confused for Bonobo

and also wasn't TDTYF announced by the chems on their own before it was done as RSD? who's to say it won't still be in April, it'd perfectly line up with Coachella and the stint of West Coast shows in between
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: shakermaker on Feb 17, 2023, 16:12
I don't want to want any RSD releases.
A reminder that TDTYF was an RSD release in 2021 with an "exclusive" (for a while) B-side. It came out in July 2021 on 12" - you may recall that RSD was split over several "drops" that year. Prior to this, it came out digitally in April 2021. And the remixes came out shortly afterwards.

If this track follows a similar trajectory, it could be out before 22nd April. But either way, RSD didn't do this release any harm. There is nothing to fear here!

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1385233204785917952

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1415871837930721282

Quote from: rynostar on Feb 17, 2023, 17:43
If this is real, why red vinyl?

I give in to the idea the new album artwork / branding may be red that we don't know about yet. But the current visuals for No Reason have the green and pinks stand out more. 

Ha. We get one tiny Chemical crumb and we're jumping on it trying to extrapolate the whole cake (that's a valid metaphor right?).
I'm inclined to agree with Stefan. If say, Kate Gibb has been asked to design the 12" sleeve, she may have been given free rein to do what she wanted. There may have been no obligation to look at Smith & Lyall's visuals.

The good news from this seemingly accidental leak of info is that the "hardcore" fans can relax a little now. We can ease off on our "WHENNNN?" thoughts. We know we're getting something new soon. 

Looks like some comments have been posted since I started typing this, but I'm just gonna hit POST now anyway. PS re the vocals on this thing, that Bandcamp blurb said that Second Layer had been sampled, so maybe that Bonobo thing is a red herring...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: rynostar on Feb 17, 2023, 18:30
But I will check myself knowing that it was a special release for the Design Museum exhibition. The only other coloured vinyl immediately coming to my mind is the 7" Do It Again White pressing and the OOC Sasha remix Blue 12".
I'm not a vinyl collector, but wasn't there a re-issue of (most of) the albums in fancy colours not tooo long (maybe a couple of years?) ago? I'm sure somebody here will know :D

Quote from: Stefan on Feb 17, 2023, 19:06
I'm not a vinyl collector, but wasn't there a re-issue of (most of) the albums in fancy colours not tooo long (maybe a couple of years?) ago? I'm sure somebody here will know :D
It was an Astralwerks (US label) exclusive thing. All albums up to Further were re-issued in color vinyl. Forgot what it was limited to, even though I own them all. ::)

Is it coincidence that the Second Layer reissue through Band Camp is red vinyl?

Quote from: hstn on Feb 17, 2023, 18:41
they must've gotten it confused for Bonobo

damn you last fm
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 17, 2023, 19:26
It was an Astralwerks (US label) exclusive thing. All albums up to Further were re-issued in color vinyl. Forgot what it was limited to, even though I own them all. ::)

So my memory is not entirely useless ;D

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 17, 2023, 19:26

I totally blanked on all those Astralwerks releases this morning. And I'm still trying to collect a few that I am still missing (DYOH, Surrender, PTB, WATN).
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 17, 2023, 15:43
Any bids on a non album b-side?

Yeah, the Woo Suicide track.

So on the A-side: Woo! No Reason To Live
On the B-side: Woo! Suicide.
There's a theme there.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Oh that would be fitting

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 17, 2023, 15:43
You don't put up a release that's not gonna happen. I'm with wolkenkrabber and think this wasn't for our eyes at the moment.

Any bids on a non album b-side?
I figure Dreaming would be a logical choice but I also imagine they'd want to release it as its own single too

Just feels like the both of them were promoted so much with each other, but woo suicide (which I think instead is saying "it's a sure shot") feels like B side material
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 17, 2023, 15:27
^This is gone now from the NL website. Dead link (worked earlier).

^And this might be why?
I messaged the UK people and they said they weren't receiving it and told me to message the dutch

the dutch said this:

"Hi,

You are absolutely right; we had a last minute change where it has to be removed, unfortunately...

Thank you for your email and best regards,
Esther"

I've asked when to expect it, due to vinyl production issues recently they seem to often do a second drop a month or two later so maybe it will be in that. I think they want to announce it themselves first
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Even if this in fact turns out to be no RSD release, what are the odds of such a mistake to accidentally label a new Chems track exactly how it's speculated around here? Did they go to that database website for new Chems entries (forgot the name, the one everyone uses here for their speculation raves) and decided to just put it out there? There must be some sort of promo going on behind the scenes. How else would they know about such a song?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Ah, crud.

With the email above, I don't think anyone just put out some speculative info, there had to be official information at some point that later had to be removed.
Remember, RSD is about retail stores, and this stores would need to order their stock in advance. They will get a list from labels or music publishers which records can be ordered, and some list at some point included No Reason. Somebody then didn't get the memo that this item on the list won't be available.

Quote from: hstn on Feb 18, 2023, 19:04
woo suicide (which I think instead is saying "it's a sure shot") ...
Ah maybe! With a Brooklyn/New York kinda accent (?) so that"sure" sounds kinda like a two-syllable "shuwer"?

Spoiler
Would the vocalist pronounce coffee the way Travolta does here at 4:07? I love this clip BTW.

Quote from: gfa2001 on Feb 19, 2023, 09:10
the dutch said this:

"Hi,

You are absolutely right; we had a last minute change where it has to be removed, unfortunately...

Thank you for your email and best regards,
Esther"
Well I guess it could just be legit pressing issues. But also, they probably can't say: "Woops that's new music that hasn't been confirmed yet, it shouldn't have been listed".
Most RSD releases tend to be rarities or re-issues in fancy packaging and colurful presings. But this is a bit different because it's new music, isn't it?

Quote from: Csar on Feb 19, 2023, 12:51
Did they go to that database website for new Chems entries (forgot the name, the one everyone uses here for their speculation raves)
SACEM - the French one because it's free/easy to access, although the UK one, PRS (requires membership) and American one, BMI seem to be more accurate.

Quote from: Csar on Feb 19, 2023, 12:51
There must be some sort of promo going on behind the scenes. How else would they know about such a song?
Quote from: Stefan on Feb 19, 2023, 13:08
With the email above, I don't think anyone just put out some speculative info, there had to be official information at some point that later had to be removed. 
Agreed. I reckon it's still pssible this thing will end up in RSD '23. And I'd bet 50p that we still get a digital release before that.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

every year some RSD releases get delayed. given how perpetually backed up pressing plants are, it's inevitable. we see some of these delays after the list is published. I imagine there's a lot more we don't see before the list is published. I think here we see a glimpse of that.

they are usually just delayed, however, not cancelled. and acquiring a limited edition outside of RSD is usually much easier than acquiring it during RSD. so I'd say overall this is a good sign.

Last year wasnt RSD split over two dates, one in April and another in June. This could just be a June release (if its being split again)
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

I think that was a pandemic measure. as far as I've heard there's only one date this year.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 19, 2023, 14:18
Ah maybe! With a Brooklyn/New York kinda accent (?) so that"sure" sounds kinda like a two-syllable "shuwer"?

Spoiler
Would the vocalist pronounce coffee the way Travolta does here at 4:07? I love this clip BTW.

Well I guess it could just be legit pressing issues. But also, they probably can't say: "Woops that's new music that hasn't been confirmed yet, it shouldn't have been listed".
Most RSD releases tend to be rarities or re-issues in fancy packaging and colurful presings. But this is a bit different because it's new music, isn't it?
SACEM - the French one because it's free/easy to access, although the UK one, PRS (requires membership) and American one, BMI seem to be more accurate.
Agreed. I reckon it's still pssible this thing will end up in RSD '23. And I'd bet 50p that we still get a digital release before that.
Every year there are several new releases for RSD - e.g. this year that Prodigy / Kasabian song is one

Quote from: shakermaker on Feb 20, 2023, 05:23
I think that was a pandemic measure. as far as I've heard there's only one date this year.
It was partially this and partially supply issues. If lots of the RSD exclusives get hit with supply issues they will definitely announce a second date vs just bin off the releases entirely.
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: gfa2001 on Feb 20, 2023, 15:48
Every year there are several new releases for RSD - e.g. this year that Prodigy / Kasabian song is one
But how many of those are the lead single to launch a new album cycle (as with the Chems)?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: gfa2001 on Feb 20, 2023, 15:48
This one is "just" a remix, which is really really nice, literally, but a real complete new Prodigy track would have been nicer. Yes, Liam can do some fantastic remixes (Release 'Yo Delf or 99 Problems anyone?), but if you listen to the already released album-version of Rocket Fuel it seems to make the job for Liam a bit to easy because it already has this Prodigy vibe (or is it co-produced by Liam?).
no idea, no idea