If You Ever Change Your Mind About Leaving It All Behind..

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Started the Cosmic Reflection book. No sleep until Im finished but might take a while as I'm making a Spotify playlist while I read. Give it a follow and cue it up as you read the book.

Already some interesting selections from Tom and Ed's first DJ selections and early influences.

Forgot Tom spent a year living in my hometown Perth in Australia. It's a very small city! No idea where I'd first read that nugget.

I have loads of other Chems, Weatherall and electronic playlists on my profile too and a dedicated Music Book group on FB & Spotify linked on my profile too.

Quote from: FreeYourself on Oct 26, 2023, 22:17
Started the Cosmic Reflection book. No sleep until Im finished but might take a while as I'm making a Spotify playlist while I read.

Ah Cosmic Sea by Mystic Moods Orchestra - which was basically the source material for Ariel's Sea Of Beats.
I haven't heard I Can't Wait by Nu Shooz for a long time. I haven't got the book. Did they actually play that in early Dusts/Chemical DJ sets?

Quote from: FreeYourself on Oct 26, 2023, 22:17
Forgot Tom spent a year living in my hometown Perth in Australia. It's a very small city! No idea where I'd first read that nugget.

I was under the impression it was Ed rather than Tom, but I don't know where I got that from.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Seems like another 100 copies of the Deluxe Edition were on sale at the official Chem Bros mercvh store but they're already gone: https://merch.thechemicalbrothers.com/products/paused-in-cosmic-reflection-deluxe-edition

Anyone else get the email saying the deluxe versions have been delayed :Kry
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: Csar on Oct 26, 2023, 16:44
I would suspect it's the vinyls, given these are extremely limited in number, perhaps the production wasn't satisfactory. Book should be the same, or maybe its keep case?
Other than the cover difference the'normal' book has a red cover inlay, while the deluxe is yellow looking at the Kate Gibb unboxing. Very excited when my deluxe gets delivered 

Only bought the limted to 500 600 copys edition because of Superflash. Otherwise i would have been totaly fine with the most regular version.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 27, 2023, 14:38
limted to 500 600 copys
ha!

I suspect the "extra" copies are from some combination of returns and copies initially held back for promo purposes.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 27, 2023, 14:38
Only bought the limted to 500 600 copys edition because of Superflash. Otherwise i would have been totaly fine with the most regular version.
I am guessing that is the delay. They have to manually adjust the numbers from xxx/500 to xxx/600  ;D

Got the digital version to read before the the book arrives, and finished yesterday afternoon! Can we give a big hand to Robin Turner - It's beautifully written and put together and I really hope he's done the Chems so proud! So fascinating to travel through time right up to the present, through experiences and sacred spaces shared by all those who contributed. No spoilers but want to say the passages from Beth Orton and Jonathan Donahue quite hit an emotional nerve...  I think I may end up giving this another read before the book actually arrives on my doorstep!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

hey everyone!

no spoilers, but reading the book bought back ALL the feels. The Chems and their music, the forum and community here were such a big part of my life in my twenties and thirties and reading all the reminisces got me very nostalgic for all the good times that were had. it's also amazing seeing this version of the forum going from strength to strength too, Chems really do bring people together.

the book is incredible, I've smashed through it - there is one or two things I have to get into the wild here but I will hold fire! And @whirlygirl contribution is obviously 🔥

can't what for y'all to feel what I feel etc etc

Spotted in Ladbroke Grove, West London

Not sure if its actually chem related - i googled Diabolical and nothing came up?

Edit: seems its this - no idea if its to do with them though https://www.buildhollywood.co.uk/agency/diabolical/
I've seen FTBF adverts nearby before so maybe
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: gfa2001 on Oct 29, 2023, 15:18

Not sure if its actually chem related - i googled Diabolical and nothing came up?

Edit: seems its this - no idea if its to do with them though https://www.buildhollywood.co.uk/agency/diabolical/
I believe this is Wayne Coyne's design. 

Quote from: Mippio on Oct 28, 2023, 23:11
@mippioQuote from: Mippio on 10/28/2023, 4:11:28 PMhey everyone!no spoilers, but reading the book bought back ALL the feels. The Chems and their music, the forum and community here were such a big part of my life in my twenties and thirties and reading all the reminisces got me very nostalgic for all the good times that were had. it's also amazing seeing this version of the forum going from strength to strength too, Chems really do bring people together.the book is incredible, I've smashed through it - there is one or two things I have to get into the wild here but I will hold fire! And @whirlygirl contribution is obviously 🔥can't what for y'all to feel what I feel etc etc@mippioQuote from: Mippio on 10/28/2023, 4:11:28 PMhey everyone!no spoilers, but reading the book bought back ALL the feels. The Chems and their music, the forum and community here were such a big part of my life in my twenties and thirties and reading all the reminisces got me very nostalgic for all the good times that were had. it's also amazing seeing this version of the forum going from strength to strength too, Chems really do bring people together.the book is incredible, I've smashed through it - there is one or two things I have to get into the wild here but I will hold fire! And @whirlygirl contribution is obviously 🔥can't what for y'all to feel what I feel etc etc
Hey mippio welcome back!

It's great time being a forum/discord/fan these days!
The bros are on tour, still blasting the new album, and patiently waiting for my copy of PICR ( still resisting spoilers)

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: gfa2001 on Oct 29, 2023, 15:18

It is related :) Wayne Coyne did the design and I read somewhere (can't remember which social channel) there will be pins with this image given away.

https://thesocial.seetickets.com/event/white-rabbit-live-paused-in-cosmic-reflection/the-social/2812013

Hi hi @Mippio ❤️🙏🏻

Mipps! Good to say you here again! For good ol' times' sake, I've dug up your old dancing avatar from the wayback machine of the old forum (just delete anytime you want).
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Book finished. What a great read.

Spotify Playlist is complete. 10hours of music with all songs mentioned in chronological order. Some Chems songs appear in the playlist (and book)  a couple of times if they also had their own chapter so I added radio edits or live versions to mix it up.

I have a playlist for their Live At The Social mix on my profile too and loads of electronic classics playlists and best of charts from Mixmag, Muzik, Jockey Slut, The great Weatherall book.

I love making and listing to playlists!

Join our music book club on Facebook and share your review of the book. https://facebook.com/groups/themusicbookclub/

Hi all

Its been a very long time since my last post! I can really relate to @mippo with regards to being on the forum in your 20s...it was my go to for any new material or general chit chat!

I was trigger happy and ordered all editions but they are at my mum's address so i will have to wait (live abroad)...although maybe a lil longer for the deluxe edition as i got that email too! I just spoke to them on the phone and they said they won't be in possession till the 9th Nov! Anyways flying in to see the chemicals on Saturday cannot wait....last time i was them was at Ally Pally so i am proper pumped for this x