Would You Like to Come Inside?

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry to hear that Pumisher but in a selfish way I'm kind of happy that it wasnt just me and that its a genuine mistake. I was hoping they wouldnt think that I was just trying to pull a fast one looking for an extra copy of the record and artwork.

Thats great that you videoed it
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 01, 2023, 11:41
Or mine.
Received my editon just a couple of minutes ago, and because of @gavin35's experience i videotaped my unboxing. What should i say? No Vinyl, no Kate Gibb print.

Now to all asked questions:
  • + 10,51€ german customs
  • +6€ the famous DHL Auslagepauschale
  • my deluxe edition has the same issue like @Joslyn. Page 10 continues on Page 13, Page 12 on 14
  • Booknumber is either 231 or 237 (very hard to read if it's a one or a seven) / 500

That's outrageous! But it sort of makes sense of the smaller customs fee of ~€11 you had to pay which would only account for books (152x0,07).
It's also strange that some versions seem to have content consistency errors and some don't.

I wonder what a reason could be to not pack all the contents for the deluxe edition which is specifically advertised as such when there are no other variants it could be confused with. I mean, its shrink wrapped and all, so it looks like it came straight out of the production line.

When and where did it go down the White Rabbit hole? Were those already shipped out before they could be called back?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: gavin35 on Dec 01, 2023, 12:04
but in a selfish way I'm kind of happy that it wasnt just me
totally fine with it

Did you get a replay from WR?

And also, if they send me the print & vinyl, i don't want to pay customs and Auslagepauschale again.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 01, 2023, 12:20
totally fine with it

Did you get a replay from WR?

And also, if they send me the print & vinyl, i don't want to pay customs and Auslagepauschale again.
No, still no reply. It was 24 hours about 2 hours ago, I'll give them another while before following up.
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Gosh I'm so sorry for you, that should definitely not be the experience when receiving such a pricy deluxe edition :(

The story of one bummer:

Please log in to view this attachment.
I still don't know why they didn't contact me via Facebook or clarify the relevance of the email...
P.S. And who is quoted from the forum in the book?
P.P.S. And again.. why the picture on the cover is mirrored?
Last Edit: Dec 01, 2023, 13:37 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 01, 2023, 11:41
Or mine.

Received my editon just a couple of minutes ago, and because of @gavin35's experience i videotaped my unboxing. What should i say? No Vinyl, no Kate Gibb print.

Now to all asked questions:
  • + 10,51€ german customs
  • +6€ the famous DHL Auslagepauschale
  • my deluxe edition has the same issue like @Joslyn. Page 10 continues on Page 13, Page 12 on 14
  • Booknumber is either 231 or 237 (very hard to read if it's a one or a seven) / 500

Ah, that's fucked up. I find the response from White Rabbit becomes longer and longer. They shot themselves in the foot whit this one. Surely hope all gets figured out for you. 

::hb

Dam! I'm so sorry Pum! I feel a little scared about my order and everyone else's.

Everyone, if you can, email WR,  and ask what is their plan of action to resolve this issue if it happens to us! I don't want anyone to miss their copies of SF and the KG print.

Support@whiterabbitbooks.co.uk

I emailed them and hit up their social media accounts.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Explud on Dec 01, 2023, 13:21
The story of one bummer:
Well that sucks! We could have had the Russian point of view. Maybe a mention of the live Galvanize flares...

I still don't know why they didn't contact me via Facebook or clarify the relevance of the email...
P.P.S. And again.. why the picture on the cover is mirrored?
1) Did you actually have access to Facebook in November 2022? Things went strange after the invasion of Ukraine, right? Re: clarifying the relevance, what do you think Robin should have said?
2) Whirly is quoted in the book. I know that from reading this thread. Jump back to replies 65, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 and 79 on page 4 of the thread.
3) It isn't mirrored. Is the effect in Tom's instagram story causing confusion?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

@Explud: O dammn, I guess this leads to constant "what would've been" ponderings.

@Wolkenkrabber: The image is mirrored. You can easily see the Juno-106 on the right side of the image in front of Ed, and the Korg MS-10 on the rack behind him. In their setups they are on the left side of the stage (seen form the perspective of the audience). And, vice versa, the big rectangular box thingy that is in reality to the right of Tom is in the left of the picture.
I wouldn't wreck my brain about the image flip, though. It might just be an artistic choice because someone decided the image compositon looked better that way or something. Also, I guess there's probably only a handful of people worldwide who would even notice. Maybe it's just a case of Chems nerd sniping.

The story of one bummer:

Please log in to view this attachment.
Well, I guess Mr. Turner just got the contacts of our team from Errol. I doubt he had those for FB as well, how would he even know? I got the same mail on the same date as you. But due to a family emergency last year I put it on the back burner for a while and only remembered to respond and apologize when Inchem wrote about the book announcement, which was a little later than your reply. Never heard back..

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 01, 2023, 19:33
I wouldn't wreck my brain about the image flip, though. It might just be an artistic choice because someone decided the image compositon looked better that way or something.
That would be my guess as well. Ed has his left (right) hand up in the air which compositionally would look a little off if it was on the left and thus too close to the book's back.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 01, 2023, 19:33
@Wolkenkrabber: The image is mirrored.
Ah ok, I misunderstood Explud's meaning. There's an album called "The Other Two & You" which has a mirror style sleeve so that you can see yourself (-"& You") along with The Other Two when you look at the sleeve. It's literally a shiny mirror finish. That was my original understanding of "mirrored" here. The T&E image is indeed inverted.

Quote from: Csar on Dec 01, 2023, 20:29
Ed has his left (right) hand up in the air which compositionally would look a little off if it was on the left and thus too close to the book's back.
...or the book's 'spine', to use a fancy word. But yes, I guess if they were determined to use that picture, Ed's hand probably looked better there. Seems as good a guess/deduction as any.
Last Edit: Dec 01, 2023, 21:41 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: M_O_N_O on Dec 01, 2023, 09:27
Still easily available 1 week later. VERY strange given it sold out basically immediately, both at White Rabbit and the additional copies later available at the Chem Bros Store. Those cannot be only cancellations? Maybe they didn't put all 400 books (100 held back for the Chems store) on sale at the time the pre-oder started?
when I look at th white rabbit store it says deluxe edition is sold out.

and they def would not have sold all during pre-order, they'd hold some back for replacements. (unless they just plan to refund anyone who receives a damaged copy, but that's not going to be good for customer satisfaction.)

Got mine today! Everything was as expected, no missing pieces thankfully. The delivery notice said nothing was owed for duties but when I picked it up at the post office I had to pay $22CAD, which I think is about 12GBP for reference. Not too bad!

I haven't had a chance to play the 7" but I did notice thr white label on the b-side is applied quite poorly with lots of bubbles, almost like it was water damaged. I hope it doesn't affect how the record sits on the player and thus the playback. They should have left the blank side label-less, imo. Will report back on any issues with playback.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 01, 2023, 21:25
Ah ok, I misunderstood Explud's meaning. There's an album called "The Other Two & You" which has a mirror style sleeve so that you can see yourself (-"& You") along with The Other Two when you look at the sleeve. It's literally a shiny mirror finish. That was my original understanding of "mirrored" here. The T&E image is indeed inverted.
Haha, it never would've occured to me that we meant different things with the word mirrored. Now that could've led to some confusion  :D

Quote from: shakermaker on Dec 01, 2023, 21:43
when I look at th white rabbit store it says deluxe edition is sold out.
It's not sold out. The "add to card" button is active again and the Deluxe edition can be ordered. They just failed to remove that message when the book became available again at the (delayed) release day.
Last Edit: Dec 02, 2023, 01:02 by M_O_N_O

Quote from: M_O_N_O on Dec 01, 2023, 23:38
It's not sold out. The "add to card" button is active again and the Deluxe edition can be ordered. They just failed to remove that message when the book became available again at the (delayed) release day.
ahaha! they just renamed it to include the words 'sold out'. that's hilarious! thanks for pointing that out.

that probably contributes to why nobody has ordered the final copies.

The book has arrived. I've given one listen to SuperFlash but my kids were all on me during the listen. I'm going to give a proper listen tomorrow without interruption. 

I think I can safely say I now know why the book was delayed. You can clearly see that pages have been "cut" out and replaced from 11 to 14. This is not the end of the world but honestly amateur hour since the glue that holds them together has already come undone and now the pages don't line up when I close the book. 

Either way the book is amazingly gorgeous and I'm loving every page so far. Will be getting into it as much as I can over the weekend and coming weeks. 

Quote from: mesamm99 on Dec 02, 2023, 03:11
The book has arrived. I've given one listen to SuperFlash but my kids were all on me during the listen. I'm going to give a proper listen tomorrow without interruption.

I think I can safely say I now know why the book was delayed. You can clearly see that pages have been "cut" out and replaced from 11 to 14. This is not the end of the world but honestly amateur hour since the glue that holds them together has already come undone and now the pages don't line up when I close the book.

Either way the book is amazingly gorgeous and I'm loving every page so far. Will be getting into it as much as I can over the weekend and coming weeks.
What would mean they find error I noticed in the normal hardback but did a sloppy fix. And they apparently missen a few copies as @Pumishers copy still has the error. Jeez, what a mess.