Surrender to the Void

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: whirlygirl on Dec 02, 2023, 23:18
Mine must have landed in the same sort bin as inchem's. It's in Whittier in Los Angeles, 
Check again! It should (might )be in your city now! 

Mine just arrived at my city's PO! 

Delivery tomorrow at 7 - 11am!

My eyes ( and ears) are READY!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Hey Chemical Brothers and Sisters, it's been a while.

I thought I'd chime in with my two cents re. the Deluxe Edition.

I just received my copy (#74) here in Melbourne.

I was fortunate to have all the extras included, condition of the book itself was in top nick and no dints. 
Although I have to agree, I am rather disappointed with the rough "cutting" of the said pages and the glue has bled a little which has stuck those pages together a little.

I did purchase the standard edition which I have kept as my "reading copy", as I would be to hesitate to continually read this edition and worry about the pages coming apart.

But all in all, stoked to have it in my collection and overall it is utterly stunning.
I'm so excited for everyone to receive their copy, open it up like a giddy child at Christmas and I keep my fingers crossed you all have the bonuses.... And play 'SUPERFLASH' super-f**king loudly!!!

Take care and have a great Chemical Christmas 🎄

Got a reply from White Rabbit today:

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your email.

I am sorry to hear your order is missing some items. I have raised this issue with the store team, and I will provide an update shortly.

Thanks,
 Jen

As for the book with the mixed up pages - now there's a book that's normaly worth 120£ and limted to 500 copys worldwide, and i got (at this moment) the only known misprint of it because everybody else got their pages cut out and glued back in, doesn't that increase the value of my copy? Joslyns version was the regular version so i don't count that and gavin35 hasn't said anything about mixed up pages or cut out and glued back in pages
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 04, 2023, 15:43
gavin35 hasn't said anything about mixed up pages or cut out and glued back in pages
Im too afraid to open it in case they all fall out :))

Yeah I got a similar reply to Jen this afternoon. Sent on some pics of what I received so hoping this gets resolved shortly.

I hope the right people in Chems HQ are seeing this thread with all the issues. Seems like lots of people are going to have "one of a kind" versions of the book and the 7" not to mention the pages falling out of the books. 
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

I have it on good authority that George and Mildred will be warming up tonight paused in cosmic reflection book talk, discussing how they passed the acid test
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Dec 04, 2023, 16:53
I have it on good authority that George and Mildred will be warming up tonight paused in cosmic reflection book talk, discussing how they passed the acid test
Ha. you going tonight, Sneaks?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 04, 2023, 15:43
Got a reply from White Rabbit today:

As for the book with the mixed up pages - now there's a book that's normaly worth 120£ and limted to 500 copys worldwide, and i got (at this moment) the only known misprint of it because everybody else got their pages cut out and glued back in, doesn't that increase the value of my copy? Joslyns version was the regular version so i don't count that and gavin35 hasn't said anything about mixed up pages or cut out and glued back in pages
Don't want to burst your bubble but I am waiting on response from "Jen" since November 13th.

Try DM through Instagram. Seems to get a faster response. 

#116 is here and it's gorgeous! Thankful everything is here and intact! It's beautiful and weighty, and looks fabulous out in my living room 😊

The glue job on the affected page is very evident, though it's not enough to take away from enjoying the book. The whole package is a piece of art!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

IT HAS ARRIVED! ITS EARLY CHRISTMAS!

Got 419/500

Everything was there! The book is freakin heavy! Saw the pages on 11-15 but only 14-15 had slight little over glue but not enough to notice or detract from its beauty. I can still open the pages wide enough to read.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say SUPERFLASH  :o
It is literally everything I hoped it would be. It pounds  and thumps, and that ending is too hard to explain but if we ever went to a gig together, we should all hug together when that part plays.  :'(

Saw your post Whirls! I'm excited you got your book moments after I got mine. It's gonna be a very good day in chemical land!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Joslyn on Dec 04, 2023, 17:49
Don't want to burst your bubble but I am waiting on response from "Jen" since November 13th.

Don't burst my bubble!

So Jen is a Bot?
no idea, no idea

Oh! In case y'all may not have seen, there's some Paused In Cosmic Reflection t's available for a short time in the Chems merch store.

(Also the Got Glint hat is still available for all your holiday and self-love needs!)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

So any Earth theatre attendees who can share that experience?

An enjoyable evening

40 minutes of a chat with Adam Smith, Justin Robertson, Kate Gibb and Robin Turner.

Then 50/60 mins with Tom and Ed. Quite a bit of laughter, obviously well out of their comfort zone. But the were  ultimately, more open than they sometimes can be in interviews. Tom mentioned heads will roll for him being put into this situation!

The funniest point was when they touched on failed collaboration. Crowd were willing them to drop some names. Thought ed might accidently spill the beans on one artist. Apparently this will all be covered in book 2
Last Edit: Dec 05, 2023, 10:12 by sneakerbeater

My copy is possibly arriving today - the only day of the week where I'm not home in the morning  ::hb
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Dec 04, 2023, 23:44
An enjoyable evening

40 minutes of a chat with Adam Smith, Justin Robertson, Kate Gibb and Robin Turner.

Then 50/60 mins with Tom and Ed. Quite a bit of laughter, obviously well out of their comfort zone. But the were  ultimately, more open than they sometimes can be in interviews. Tom mentioned heads will roll for him being put into this situation!

The funniest point was when they touched on failed collaboration. Crowd were willing them to drop some names. Thought ed might accidently spill the bean one one artist. Apparently this will all be covered in book 2

Yeah it was a good night. I enjoyed the anecdotes and Ed coming very close to dropping a few names before being chastised by Tom  :D

My wife and I met Adam Smith afterwards and showed him our George & Mildred tattoos, which he seemed genuinely thrilled about. He even asked to take photos of us. He also told us about his tin toy robot collection and stuff. A really nice guy.

I also thought Adam was great on the panel, he was a good story teller. The whole circle of people the chems surround themselve with are just such a genuine bunch of people

Hi everyone. I received my package last week and only had a proper look today - it is quite majestic!! I knew there was an issue around the pages (11-14) so expected to notice something but I'm actually missing these pages entirely - has anyone else had the same problem? I've emailed White Rabbit but not really sure what they'll be able to do about it. Tia!

Quote from: Molotov10_0 on Dec 05, 2023, 15:43
Hi everyone. I received my package last week and only had a proper look today - it is quite majestic!! I knew there was an issue around the pages (11-14) so expected to notice something but I'm actually missing these pages entirely - has anyone else had the same problem? I've emailed White Rabbit but not really sure what they'll be able to do about it. Tia!
We are getting more and more limited editions by the hour it seems!  ???
Mine got delivered to a post office so I will be picking it up tomorrow, I'm curious to see the state of my copy. 
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!