Love Is All

whats the origin of this sample?

Started by Conn6orsuper117, Nov 27, 2017, 01:08

Previous topic - Next topic
In lots of the brothers lives I always hear a Chika CHA sample, its more common in lollipop '96 but occasionally it plays during later recordings such as glastonbury 2000 or even as late as 2011.
the earliest recording its in is roskilde fest 95'

example: @0:58
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I know exactly what you're talking about actually. I don't know what it is exactly but it's definitely not something the Chems played in their sets. I think it's something the radio station or bootlegger added, though why I don't know.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 28, 2017, 21:40

I know exactly what you're talking about actually. I don't know what it is exactly but it's definitely not something the Chems played in their sets. I think it's something the radio station or bootlegger added, though why I don't know.
Yeah I always assumed it came from the radio broadcast

Oh, you're just about this one of the jingles from the bbc radio one?

P.S. I thought, maybe i'm just something didn't catch, or missed something from set.
Last Edit: Nov 29, 2017, 00:29 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Nov 29, 2017, 00:22

Oh, you're just about this one of the jingles from the bbc radio one?
so that sample's from radio one? I thought Lollipop 96 took place in sweden, I could be wrong though.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Nov 29, 2017, 00:28

so that sample's from radio one? I thought Lollipop 96 took place in sweden, I could be wrong though.
A tons of Chems live sets were played honestly on the bbc radio one in 90s.
Hi Kevin!

well does anyone have a link to the jingle then? I've looked (mostly through 90s jingles from Radio one) but havent heard it yet

I've got some additional proof it's some sort of tag bootleggers or the BBC put on live recordings in the 90s. The same sound is at the end of Push Upstairs on an older version of Underworld's Ali Pali NYE 98 show recording.

I don't have a handy link to that show, but you can find it on the Bootleg Babies copy around the 19:50 mark:

Never for money, always for love.

what about the "AAAWWW YEAH!" sample heard during Leave home, Loops of fury, Piku/Playground and the studio version of Piku (though its heard with an altered pitch). does anyone know where that came from.
Last Edit: Sep 14, 2018, 23:22 by Conn6orsuper117

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Sep 14, 2018, 06:27

what about the "AAAWWW YEAH!" sample heard during Leave home, Loops of fury, Piku/Playground and the studio version of Piku (though its heard with an altered pitch)

?

or did you mean the"aaawww yeah, here we go, come on" thats making the huge intro for dust-up beats?
no idea, no idea

You can hear the "aaaaaw oh yeah" very clearly in the Atlanta 97 version of Piku/Playground
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Sep 14, 2018, 10:04

You can hear the "aaaaaw oh yeah" very clearly in the Atlanta 97 version of Piku/Playground

...as I said stated above, heard in Piku/Playground.
but where did it come from

Yes, I was just replying to Pum who wasn't sure what you meant.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

whoops. sorry.