As I Walked Along the Supposed Golden Path

New DJ dates 2017 [DJ tour 2017]

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Feb 14, 2017, 11:29

Previous topic - Next topic
These top two probably aren't Chemical, but I like 'em. Anyone know what they are?

(you have to swipe/click through to the second image to play this)

and here's a couple of others:

(same vocoder vocal as above)

*EDIT* and also: HBHG super Here we go. (which they've been playing in DJ sets since about 1997, yeah I knew that.)

Last Edit: Apr 24, 2017, 21:18 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 23, 2017, 23:42

*EDIT* and also: HBHG super Here we go. (Is this new or was I just oblivous?)

slightly oblivious!  ;D

they've been playing it since 2008 (or earlier i think)

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

This post was rubbish, but wait til you see my next one.

Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017, 01:22 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 24, 2017, 19:37

slightly oblivious!  ;D

they've been playing it since 2008 (or earlier i think)

It's even older than that, it was in the Antinazi mix I think

^ so it is. Let's quickly change the subject then, shall we.

Ahh here's more of that Free Us/Free Yourself track which I'm digging. Who IS this?

Woulldn't it have been nice if these had all been put in one video? Oh well...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 23, 2017, 16:55

inchem sending track id's like a boss

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 24, 2017, 21:03

Ahh here's more of that Free Us/Free Yourself track which I'm digging. Who IS this?

I might very well be wrong about this, but I could see this being a track the brothers would put together. It sort of bears some chemical traits like those noisy humming sounds before that "dance" vocal sample or that distorted synth lead that comes up at 2:49. Especially the way it's tweaked reminds me of the Chems a bit.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 24, 2017, 21:44

I might be very well wrong on this, but I could see this being a track the brothers would put together. It sort of bears some chemical traits like those noisy humming sounds before that "dance" vocal sample or that distorted synth lead that comes up at 2:49. Especially the way it's tweaked reminds me of the Chems a bit.

I've been thinking the same thing. And the more I listen to it (especially in that incredible video Skyscraper just posted), it does sound quite Chemical. Even the chord progression reminds me of The Duke Snooprah Midnight Madness I don't know! Something familiar though.

Interestingly, a google search of the lyrics brings up an excerpt from a Revolutionary Letter. The lyrics are taken almost verbatim!
lookey
Last Edit: Apr 24, 2017, 21:56 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 24, 2017, 21:50

Even the chord progression reminds me of The Duke, kind of.
Damn, I forgot to mention that because I thought the same! It does remind me of the Duke's bassline a bit.

Interestingly, a google search of the lyrics brings up an excerpt from a Revolutionary Letter. The lyrics are taken almost verbatim!
lookey
Interesting find, Enjoyed! Might be good corroborative evidence, given we had We Are the Night or Nothing But Pleasure. Could be a RAR production too..

Btw, the uploader has the full track recorded, too, starting at approx. 1:00:
Last Edit: Apr 24, 2017, 22:09 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

sample found thanks to enjoyed's research:

Forward to 6:22

Would it be rude to call you two the chemical detection dogs?
— Aurora (The Seed)

Wow, that free yourself sounds really great, would be really nice if it is a new chemical one XD

Quote from: Csar on Apr 24, 2017, 22:20

Would it be rude to call you two the chemical detection dogs?

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Csar on Apr 24, 2017, 21:55

Interesting find, Enjoyed! Might be good corroborative evidence, given we had We Are the Night or Nothing But Pleasure. Could be a RAR production too..

I had this thought too but was wary of saying it (already looked daft once today). It almost feels like the new Nothing But Pleasure.

Quote from: Csar on Apr 24, 2017, 21:55

Btw, the uploader has the full track recorded, too, starting at approx. 1:00:
I thought that guy had stopped at upload No 10, but he's up to 12 now. Time to dig out Ye Olde Youtube ripper. The sound quality is pretty good.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 24, 2017, 22:12

sample found thanks to enjoyed's research:
Forward to 6:22
Well done y'all. That train-spot was so quick you need to be tested for performance enhancing substances.

Here's No 12, which is probably more interesting to me than it is to others.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Skyscrapers​ 6th vid - i hear the mind bending chemicals sample in there. Not sure what the track is.

Skyscrapers 8th vid - very chemical indeed. Top track ive heard so far from that set.

Hopefully by tonight all the vids will be sorted out. Better bust out your Shazams! :)

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 24, 2017, 23:46

Skyscrapers 8th vid - very chemical indeed. Top track ive heard so far from that set.
(Here's the bit where i get to redeem myself re: chemical knowledge).

Vid No 8 does indeed sound very Chemical. Because it's
  Innit!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 25, 2017, 00:22

(Here's the bit where i get to redeem myself re: chemical knowledge).

Vid No 8 does indeed sound very Chemical. Because it's
  Innit!

Lolz! Thats twice in this thread that my chemical knowledge flew over my head!

Quote from: Csar on Apr 24, 2017, 21:44

I might very well be wrong about this, but I could see this being a track the brothers would put together. It sort of bears some chemical traits like those noisy humming sounds before that "dance" vocal sample or that distorted synth lead that comes up at 2:49. Especially the way it's tweaked reminds me of the Chems a bit.

The way the track is constructed, you know,long intro,bass comes in,then everything gets cut out and left with the vocals, etc! Imo, it reminds me of how Swoon was built with the same manner.

Like i said im just going from my observation. But I think your right Csar. Btw, the vocal is just a big giveaway to be a chems track

lookey

I guess tom knows where to find motivation! Nice find enjoyed!
Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017, 01:23 by inchemwetrust

1. Long intro.
2. Again sample from audiobook.
3. This tweaking of those synths.
4. Phaser/flanger on 3rd build.

100% sure it's Chemical.
Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017, 04:45 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

I'm so sure it's a RAR track that I'd put money on it. It's just not quite a Chemical track but it absolutely has that direct-to-the-floor feeling of Nothing But Pleasure / Through Me.

Nothing else jumps out at me except vid 6. It's more than just the mind-bending chemicals sample, those harsh sweeps have something to them. But it's such a short clip!

sounds like an old acid track, dunno if it's Chemical.

Excellent trainspotting Enjoyed / Bosco...

Let's hope more vids come through the gate!
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 25, 2017, 06:29

sounds like an old acid track, dunno if it's Chemical.
Inchem mentioned this in reply 33 where he said "I call it the chirp song. Gotta be a chem trak". Then he replied to himself (#38) to say it's actually Marco Bailey - Wildfires. But I'm not so sure it is that track. Not saying it's Chemical, I just think it's still not clear what the track is.

Videos 1 & 2 above are both
by Slam + Pan-Pot (Slam as in "Positive Education" & "Lifetimes"). The vocoders on that track are - I think- from the previous track, which is the one I called Vocoder Groove Thing in the instagram posts. Still want to know what that Vocoder track is.

Video 3: EML, Video 4: Free Us/Free Yourself/Dance, Video 5: Fries Friends by Dukwa (god it's horrible!). Video 6: we need more of., Video 7: Two tracks. First 30 seconds
Rest of it: Dunno. Video 8: XTC, Videos 9 & 10 Don't Fight Control, Video 11: same as 4 with added Lack Of Love, Video 12: HBHG. Looks like the uploader stopped at 12.
Last Edit: Apr 26, 2017, 23:10 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!