Come With Us

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic

^So that Audion track dates back to 2013? Nice bit of techno/tech-house which I'm guessing you heard in the 2ManyDJs set for the 6Music Festival.

Speaking of which, there was a track in Erol Alkan's DJ set (34.27- 39.50-ish) which I haven't heard since about 2006:
dONNERSTAG by 909d1sco which was released on white-label-only at the time. There was speculation that it was the Dewaele boys, but no one seemed too sure. I see now that 909d1sco turns out to be Alex "Boys Noize" Ridha. And the record is for sale on Discogs for somewhere between 30 and 247 Euros! I think I paid about 7 or 8 pounds for mine.

If it sounds vaguely familiar, it's because it's basically a massive re-edit of Donna Summer's Our Love.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 08, 2019, 19:50

^So that Audion track dates back to 2013? Nice bit of techno/tech-house which I'm guessing you heard in the 2ManyDJs set for the 6Music Festival.
Exactly ! I didn't know that track, it's quite a banger

Studio version really pops more:

Can't wait to see them streamed on youtube (Coachella).
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Pretty boring honestly. Patience is better.
Never for money, always for love.

Have to agree. Neither of these have had the impact of Let It Happen.
Or the B-sides from Currents for that matter. I'll wait and see but I'm not convinced so far.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Pretty boring honestly. Patience is better.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 12, 2019, 16:13

Have to agree. Neither of these have had the impact of Let It Happen.
Or the B-sides from Currents for that matter. I'll wait and see but I'm not convinced so far.

I like how these 2 songs sound but if they are getting released as the first singles then the rest of the album might have a similar slow vibe which might be too much. Hopefully there's some surprises in the album.

I liked Borderline better, but neither track are on the level I expect from Tame Impala

I posted the Sitar-tastic "Ever So Lonely" by Monsoon back in December and meant to follow it up with another 80's Sitar-pop tune a few days later, but then forgot.

Anyway this one was a hit in the same year as the Monsoon track, and it has just been re-released on 12" for Record Store Day on Saturday with a new
of Beyond The Wizards Sleeve. Apparently it also got played by the Chems at the Social on Friday night. So now seems a good time to post it.

Blancmange - Living On The Ceiling

There was an 80's
as well.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

four tet - teenage birdsong
Eight or over.

I don't think this ad made it outside of France, but I loved it from the second I saw it, 99% because of its music, an original composition from French producer Rone.

Now, Rone has gone on to make a complete (12mn !) version, with an orchestra, and it's marvelous !

His last album was too pop for me but this new song seems like a step in the right direction that I like:

Thanks Arnie  the Now Playing staff for all the extra podcasts. We should all be thanking you instead.

bennieneebY is seriously one of the weirdest bots i met in my career.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 25, 2019, 19:44

bennieneebY is seriously one of the weirdest bots i met in my career.

Dyou not know of legend of Arnie? Thanks Patricia glad to bea hear
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

new sunn o)))
❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

Eight or over.

Never for money, always for love.

The live Gossip interlude from Coachella. Actually one of my favourite parts of the show.

Quote from: MIKL on May 05, 2019, 03:47

The live Gossip interlude from Coachella. Actually one of my favourite parts of the show.

Same. It looks incredible. Like an alien spaceship abducting them, then trying to communicate with us, Close Encounters way