I Wanna Go Where No One Goes

Now Gaming

Started by Nekcore, Jul 21, 2015, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, I get 35-40 fps in Witcher that can drop to 30, in rare cases.
Only that and FFXV can't achieve 60fps, Fallout and even Just Cause 3 work great in that resolution.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Full Throttle remastered is free today on GOG. 

Now that i have an Xbox One X and a 4k-TV i started playing Xbox 360 again...
no idea, no idea

Quote from: sandelic on Dec 14, 2018, 09:13

Full Throttle remastered is free today on GOG.

Thank you for heads up! I'm a sucker for all the Lucas Arts point and click adventure games!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 14, 2018, 23:57

Now that i have an Xbox One X and a 4k-TV i started playing Xbox 360 again...

D00000d, I got the Xbox One here, too. If you do any online gaming you can mostly find me playing 'Sea of Thieves'. The gaming style isn't for everyone, and it can be a really rough game for a solo player, but the water and lighting in the game should make your 4K TV dazzle. Try it, at least for the eye candy (and awesome sound too, if you got a decent surround sound setup).

That being said, the Microsoft/xbox exclusives were a lot more appealing in the 360 days... so I don't blame you digging through the older catalogue.

Also, anyone play 'Fallout 76'? Fully aware of the gaming community pretty much trashing this game so far, but I've been enjoying it despite it's constant crashing and laundry list of bugs. Me and my brother payed little to nothing during Black Friday for the digital release. The C.A.M.P. building has been quite fun, I just hope they increase the budget!

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 15, 2018, 02:17

D00000d, I got the Xbox One here, too. If you do any online gaming you can mostly find me playing 'Sea of Thieves'.
I'm not really into Onlinegaming. I do have an Gold-account, but that is mostly for the 4 free games each month. If you wanna add me to your buddy list, pm me.

That being said, the Microsoft/xbox exclusives were a lot more appealing in the 360 days...
Current generation of consoles, the exclusives are better on Playstation, thats right. But looking at my gamelist, the only "exclusive" i'll have is Quantum Break (and i haven't even played it yet), so my choice wasn't based on exclusives. Since the 360 i just stayed with Xbox, nothing to worry about.

Also, anyone play 'Fallout 76'?
It came with my One X bundle, but i won't install it because online-multiplayer...
no idea, no idea

Ah, gotcha.

Not sure if you have the same hangup, but I'm a pretty timid online gamer myself. I despise any live chat feature and find it corny and extremely awkward. So yeah, I'm not exactly the most willing participant in that department.

Thank you for heads up! I'm a sucker for all the Lucas Arts point and click adventure games!

You're welcome :)

I've been keeping a distance from anything Bethesda publishes these days, I can't even play FO4 anymore since I've upgraded my graphic card, that ancient engine ties framerate to engine speed and without resorting to manually override vertical sync to half refresh rate (that gets me only 30fps) it's unplayable.

I would extent that sentiment to Square, I've bought Just Cause 4 the other day despite negative reviews that are all over the Steam and is probably the last time they get my money for such a poor game (textures and objects pop up like crazy, 720p cutscenes, bad environment graphics, terrible gameplay...)

I'm also not a fan of online gaming anymore - after almost 10 years of playing WoW on and off I'm sick of playing with other people and now almost exclusively play single player games without any drama :)

Pum, how do you like 4k gaming? How does it work on Xbox?
Last Edit: Dec 17, 2018, 11:29 by sandelic

Sandelic, have you tried 'Thimbleweed Park'? I've been meaning to get around to it since Ron Gilbert of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion is behind it.

I recently got a PS4, mainly for Red Dead, and also for the insane amount of PS4 exclusive titles, but just got an Xbox one S too, mainly for the UltraHD Blu Ray feature. An UltraHD player would have cost mostly the same anyway, and it's a good excuse to play again Forza Horizon 1 and 2, but also Banjo Kazooie on Xbox live Arcade. This game gets me all the time, I got more than halfway through in just two play sessions

Quote from: sandelic on Dec 17, 2018, 10:44

Pum, how do you like 4k gaming? How does it work on Xbox?
Can't say. Thing is that just when i bought the One X i got my old 360 back from one of my nephews - which somehows forced me to play Skyrim again...
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 22, 2018, 01:27
Thimbleweed Park
Thanks for this info!
It looks right up my alley! :)
Will try as soon as I get a chance.

Did anyone try to download RE2 remake demo for PC?
Page is not loading for me, not sure if it's on my end.

Edit: never mind, I got some chrome plugin interference.
But it seems it's not live for PC yet or it will only be for consoles.
I'll have to boot up PS4...

Ben_j, did you see this before?
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-lost-art-of-final-fantasy-ix-mama-robotnik-research-thread.551612/
but, of course Square lost it, just like source code for FF8

Quote from: sandelic on Jan 22, 2019, 12:08

Ben_j, did you see this before?
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-lost-art-of-final-fantasy-ix-mama-robotnik-research-thread.551612/
but, of course Square lost it, just like source code for FF8
Damn, I wish they'd do a proper remaster of FFIX. Square Enix truly has the worst PC ports possible of their older games, at absurd prices

Quote from: surface_to_air on Jan 24, 2019, 21:11

So.... KH3 anyone?
I'm pondering wether or not to get it, but I haven't played the first 2. So should I ?

Well, I did and can honestly say I don't have a clue what's happening in KH.
Story is such a mess it's hard to untangle.
So we start on equal footing :)
I think I'll get KH3, if only to see my favorite FF characters and suffer through boring Disney characters, as I did in first two. After I see reviews.