Maybe I Feel Out of Control

2016 - NOS Alive Festival

Started by WhiteNoise, Jan 08, 2016, 06:49

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on Jul 08, 2016, 17:44

From this video here (from 2:36 to 3:55) it looks like it wasn't that crammed, lots of space on the left side. How big is this festival anyway?

Btw, nice little twist to Under the Influence!

Btw2: Hats off to our ambassador!

Cant watch atm, the festival isnt massive. It has one main stage, a tent like stage and a club room stage. Rougly about 30-40k people across the whole thing if I was to guess the amount.

I really like it though, since Im wheeling about, everythings well laid out, the workers are spot on and its mostly all flat tarmac ground too except for curbs. Pretty sure the site is just a big massive car park.

Only drawback so far was afterwards, maybe Im not in the loop but getting back to Lisbon after was a mission.

Hey guys, first time posting here. First time i saw the bro's live (didn't get a chance to catch them live at the same festival in 2011), it was awesome, loved every second of it! :music

Tried to fill the setlist with as much as i could remember: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-chemical-brothers/2016/nos-alive-alges-portugal-63fff25b.html

The festival has a maximum capacity of 55k people, and there were approximately 45~50k people on the 7th.

Really hope they won't take another 5 years to return.

Great shots, Skylined! Welcome the brotherhood.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 08, 2016, 02:12

Good decision!

worst decision ever, this old version is powerless compared to the new one. Don't understand why they switched back to HBHG for the opening song, especially combined with SIFSD.
Last Edit: Jul 09, 2016, 10:10 by Bouh

I thought it was a good show, but not the best I've seen so far (hard to say to be honest). Overall good but the festival space is really to small for all the people. The most crowded festival I've ever been to. The brothers were really good, but sometimes a little bit messy. I noticed they had problems with the acid line with under the influence, it just wasn't there (I was at the front of the stage), For me to many songs in too little time. I had a good time with my girlfriend and friends and we left with huge smiles on our faces! :) I was really happy with the length of block rockin' beats, blew me away, they took the time for it! I was also surprised with C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L brothers (q-tip). Was really good with some new visuals. Hope to see TPPR in Germany soon :)

How the video stopped when the bass comes in  :D

recording => recording => recording => bass drops => heavy breathe out => stops recording
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 13, 2016, 17:45

How the video stopped when the bass comes in  :D

recording => recording => recording => bass drops => heavy breathe out => stops recording
caught him off guard haha.