Dream How I Dream to Feel

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on Dec 02, 2022, 21:19

Amnesia
Thats the correct one. Seems like my brain is playing games with me. Must be the age... (or some long-covid shit)
no idea, no idea

I hope this lawsuit burns Ticketmaster and everyone who profits from its exploitative business model to the ground.
https://www.tmz.com/2022/12/02/taylor-swift-fans-lawsuit-ticketmaster-eras-tour-disaster/

Just a reminder of why they are a horrible company:

Yeah, I posted this a while ago
https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,3021.msg29067.html#msg29067

Truely incredible how a few market players control all of this, sucking out all the fun especially for "smaller" artists.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Well, capitalism breeds innovation, if by innovation one means increasing profits for owners and shareholders without providing much of the actual goods or services people think they are paying for.

Working on Fridays when you're in retail is a pain in the arse. Not to mention that Christmas is looming closer by the day, I'm starting to write up my will if the day comes where I pass away from customer incompetence. Who wants what vinyls? ;p
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Quote from: cowboy on Dec 17, 2022, 00:47
Working on Fridays when you're in retail is a pain in the arse. Not to mention that Christmas is looming closer by the day, I'm starting to write up my will if the day comes where I pass away from customer incompetence. Who wants what vinyls? ;p
I had my share of retail shenanigans. Especially when there's turnover, callouts, and customers who just need that 'extra' special attention. 

You have one more week left to go! Give yourself more time to rest or sleep an extra hour or two at bedtime to recover. Take plenty of restroom breaks as well to escape the mayhem of the holiday 'Karens' looming around!

Oh and feed your ears some Star Guitar as well!

Vinyls? You work at a record store by any chance? 
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Dec 18, 2022, 22:05
I had my share of retail shenanigans. Especially when there's turnover, callouts, and customers who just need that 'extra' special attention.

You have one more week left to go! Give yourself more time to rest or sleep an extra hour or two at bedtime to recover. Take plenty of restroom breaks as well to escape the mayhem of the holiday 'Karens' looming around!

Oh and feed your ears some Star Guitar as well!

Vinyls? You work at a record store by any chance?
Tell me about those customers, man, they're bloody awful. I'm not paid enough to deal with customers that try to kick me away from the shelves I'm rearranging, snapping or staring at me to get my attention, being overall unpleasant etc. All expected from retail, though. Luckily enough I get three days off after today so I'll be taking that advice! Already planning to watch some past Chems shows.

And yes, I work at a music/film shop - getting to browse and stock records whilst also listening to music all day is what makes the shifts more bearable!

Quote from: cowboy on Dec 19, 2022, 13:43
And yes, I work at a music/film shop - getting to browse and stock records whilst also listening to music all day is what makes the shifts more bearable!

Sweet! In a perfect world, I would love to get away and surround myself with music and records, with some choice movies and books to round it out. But In my record store visits, I rarely see 'customer incompetence' or customers being hard on employees . One store near me has the occasional random interaction:

Customer: 'My father gave me these 'valuable' records, and now they're so hard to find these days,and I have some emotional and sentimental attachment to these albums. I want to sell them to you so pay me 500 bucks for all them.

Record store employee:  Let's see here, hmm...The Monkees, The Yardbirds, Jackson 5,  Christopher Cross, George Benson, George Micheal, Sade, Eurythmics, Beach Boys, Shaggy, Willie Nelson, The Who,  Abba, and Burl Ives!  ! Ma'am, some of these are really worn and won't sell in my shop, and some of them are only worth a few bucks each. I'll give you 35 for all.

Customer: Fuck you! YOUR RIPPING ME OFF!

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your holidays at the shop, and don't let any customers steal your joy!

Btw, do you have Public Enemy: Welcome To The Terrordome? That's gonna be on my must buy on my 2023 list.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Hey my Chems people!! ❤️ I wanted to pop in and wish you all the warm fuzziness and love this season brings, no matter how you celebrate or if you don't. Love to all! :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Dec 24, 2022, 17:41
Customer: Fuck you! YOUR RIPPING ME OFF!
Ha! That reminds me of a recent interaction with a customer;  we had run out of 30p large(ish) bags and only had the absolutely massive XL 50p bags or the £3.99 record bags. Asked if they wanted a bag, they said yeah, I told them the situation and showed them both to help them decide. Customer wants the record bag, I happily scan it for them. They bought a few records as well so the original total was a bit hefty, so when I told them the amount after I scanned the bag they scrunched their face and gave me a really unpleasant look - "That seems a bit steep, doesn't it?". I tell them that the record bag is actually half price at the moment so the price I mentioned is the cheapest option for it at the moment. "Right, but it's still a bit steep. I've already bought so many records, surely I'm not going to pay for that record bag too?". I start to get a bit annoyed at this point because I did tell them the price and the size of the bag and they obliged after considering it. I tell them it's not me who decides the price and I can remove the bag from the amount and you can get the cheaper 50p one instead if they absolutely don't want to carry them. "I don't want that one though, it'll be hard for me to carry it. Do you not have a smaller plastic one?". I then start to think of the many things I could be doing on the shop floor instead of assisting this customer, who is now holding up a very large queue, and remind them that I said we had run out of the 30p ones. Customer just waves his hand at me (quite rudely!) and sneers at me, "Forget about it then, I don't want to be ripped off like this". He then proceeds to walk off after paying by giving me a quick but noticeable dirty look and stomp off. Hope he had a great night carrying them without a bag all the way home!  ::)

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your holidays at the shop, and don't let any customers steal your joy!
I absolutely will! Coworkers are making my shifts way more tolerable so I owe them some credit. Got Boxing Day and New Year's Eve to get through and jump with joy afterwards ;p

Btw, do you have Public Enemy: Welcome To The Terrordome? That's gonna be on my must buy on my 2023 list
I can certainly check! No guarantee, but I'll try my best to find it.
Update: No : (
Last Edit: Dec 28, 2022, 00:25 by cowboy

Thanks Whirly! Season's greetings to you too and a Happy New Year if I forget to check in by then!  :)

Merry Christmas everyone.

I hope your day was filled with warmth, love and family, even if you don't celebrate the holiday.

I also hope that as we move into 2023 you share my optimism for the future.

And if you don't, I hope that things change so that looking forward doesn't seem so bad.

Drink. Smoke. Eat. Exercise. Dance. Freak the fuck out.

Love is all.

Happy near year, brothers and sisters.

To start the new year off, im paying close attention to good news to start off with positively.

Happy new year  ;D
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Happy New Year to all of you, too. May it get as positive as it possibly can.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 24, 2022, 16:30

I'm totally aware it's an internet meme and whatnot, but I still love this clip, dearly. I can still vividly remember when I was blind sided by receiving NES back in the early 90's and N64 for Christmas in the mid 90's.

It wasn't just an epic gift, but you literally moved up social class at school once returning from Christmas break bragging to your classmates what you got.

Nowadays, I only get excited to receive a Christmas gift if someone manages to get the right type of booze I like...

Ladies & Gentlemen, Brother & Sisters, (hopefully) Tom & Ed...
It is with Great Pleasure for me to inform you that after years of trying your boy just got his Drivers Licence!!!
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jan 19, 2023, 06:17
Ladies & Gentlemen, Brother & Sisters, (hopefully) Tom & Ed...
It is with Great Pleasure for me to inform you that after years of trying your boy just got his Drivers Licence!!!