Off course
12 (23.5%)
That would be great but i don't think so
15 (29.4%)
If the album is great i don't need singles with b-sides
5 (9.8%)
No.
0 (0%)
3 singles. All in two version. Every version has at least one b-side and one remix.
17 (33.3%)
K+D+B is godlike
19 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

I hate to keep drilling this home, but this album still feels awfully expensive. Just looking back in time to the BITE store, the 2LP is $10 less compared to the pre-order of this one. Where is the added cost coming from?

Again, I don't mind paying a little extra for my favorite group, but then why am I again getting ripped off with such a steep shipping price?

Is there a licensed sample on the album were the label(s) have shrewdly made the consumer cover the cost?  (I'm not sure if this has ever been done, I just might be making it up.)

If I'm paying ~$80 for the 3LP and it's limited, at least tell me what it's limited to. I mean, What the fuck...

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 07, 2019, 21:14

I hate to keep drilling this home, but this album still feels awfully expensive. Just looking back in time to the BITE store, the 2LP is $10 less compared to the pre-order of this one. Where is the added cost coming from?

Again, I don't mind paying a little extra for my favorite group, but then why am I again getting ripped off with such a steep shipping price?

Is there a licensed sample on the album were the label(s) have shrewdly made the consumer cover the cost?  (I'm not sure if this has ever been done, I just might be making it up.)

If I'm paying ~$80 for the 3LP and it's limited, at least tell me what it's limited to. I mean, What the fuck...
I couldn't agree more, but vinyl is the "hot new trend" these days, so it doesn't surprise me.

Earlier in the thread (reply #40), I pointed out that if you're in the US and ordering the 3xLP, you can save about $20 overall, including shipping, by ordering from the UK site (Virgin EMI) rather than the US site (Astralwerks).

Must say the back cover looks very minimal and clean!

Shipping is a bitch, and I don't really prefer those prices when it comes to ordering from afar. I'm still sticking with the 2LP, and save some money just in case another release drops from the Bros (GTKO/EOD maybe 'crosses fingers')
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: LLG on Feb 07, 2019, 21:39

I couldn't agree more, but vinyl is the "hot new trend" these days, so it doesn't surprise me.

Earlier in the thread (reply #40), I pointed out that if you're in the US and ordering the 3xLP, you can save about $20 overall, including shipping, by ordering from the UK site (Virgin EMI) rather than the US site (Astralwerks).

I overlooked that. Thank for the reminder, appreciate it!

So after a dead link for a quite a while from the official site to the store in Australian region, Australians can buy the exclusive 3LP for $80 with free shipping within the country as FYI. After getting the newsletter this morning.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Feb 15, 2019, 22:50

So after a dead link for a quite a while from the official site to the store in Australian region, Australians can buy the exclusive 3LP for $80 with free shipping within the country as FYI. After getting the newsletter this morning.

Can you please attach this link as I ended up forking out AUD$105 to pre order this from their UK webstore.. Thanks!

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Feb 16, 2019, 03:25

Can you please attach this link as I ended up forking out AUD$105 to pre order this from their UK webstore.. Thanks!

The link is still dead from the official site. Pretty bad, aussie fans could lose out without knowing its available cheaper and will ship earlier. I got this from the email sent to me:

https://www.officialstores.com.au/au_en/the-chemical-brothers

It also says it ships on the 8th of March which is earlier and in stock?

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Feb 16, 2019, 03:25

I'm seeing 44 quid for the 3LP plus 10 pounds shipping, which totals 54 pounds, which comes to AUD $97.45. How did you get charged $105?

The Australian store is funny - the 3LP is decently priced compared to the UK store but the 2LP in the Australian store is way overpriced compared to UK!

3LP - £44 converts to AUD $79 > Australian store is $80

2LP - £27 converts to AUD $49 > Australian store is $70!!!

I'm definitely getting the 3LP now from Australia, and will wait for the 2LP to drop in price somewhere in UK like Juno, and then import it later.
Last Edit: Feb 16, 2019, 15:27 by Ford

Quote from: MIKL on Feb 16, 2019, 09:46
It also says it ships on the 8th of March which is earlier and in stock?

Technically it says it ships 3 August 2019 - which is quite a delay!

For US costumers  Amoeba and Bull Moose both have 2LP and CD for Pre-sale and the 2LP is about $7-8 cheaper from either online physical media store.

https://www.bullmoose.com/search?q=chemical+brothers&SC=1

https://www.amoeba.com/search/all/?s=chemical%20brothers

Quote from: Ford on Feb 16, 2019, 15:17

Technically it says it ships 3 August 2019 - which is quite a delay!

I've gotten used to reading it backwards like how the other side of the world does it. Still says in stock which I doubt it is too. They're probably seeing how much demand there is. There won't be much if they don't fix the link. Be careful if you go to home on that page it takes you straight to the universal store au page and you can't even search for the chemical brothers in the search bar to go back.

So, from the "Got To Keep On" topic, "Fan Thai"'s correct occidental name is "Fanta" and it is a remix of GTKO, à la Enjoyed/Out of Control or Hoops/EBW6

Quote from: Ford on Feb 16, 2019, 15:08

I'm seeing 44 quid for the 3LP plus 10 pounds shipping, which totals 54 pounds, which comes to AUD $97.45. How did you get charged $105?

The Australian store is funny - the 3LP is decently priced compared to the UK store but the 2LP in the Australian store is way overpriced compared to UK!

3LP - £44 converts to AUD $79 > Australian store is $80

2LP - £27 converts to AUD $49 > Australian store is $70!!!

I'm definitely getting the 3LP now from Australia, and will wait for the 2LP to drop in price somewhere in UK like Juno, and then import it later.

I pre ordered this about a fortnight ago and during that time the conversion has dropped slightly but I was also charged 10% GST on top as well.
I have just emailed Help & Support to see whether I am able to cancel my pre order and pre order via the UMA site - which yes, isn't great to navigate..

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 16, 2019, 20:43

For US costumers  Amoeba and Bull Moose both have 2LP and CD for Pre-sale and the 2LP is about $7-8 cheaper from either online physical media store.

https://www.amoeba.com/search/all/?s=chemical%20brothers

what he said!

And ill be the first in line when those doors open.

I sent amoeba an email if its possible that the chems could do a meet and autograph session at their stores prior to the show dates. So far...crickets!

Quote from: Ben_j on Feb 17, 2019, 23:08

So, from the "Got To Keep On" topic, "Fan Thai"'s correct occidental name is "Fanta" and it is a remix of GTKO, à la Enjoyed/Out of Control or Hoops/EBW6

If so, that's disappointing. I much rather an original track we have not heard in any form.

Quote from: neorev on Feb 18, 2019, 06:39

If so, that's disappointing. I much rather an original track we have not heard in any form.
If it means a track like Wo Ha or Let's Build A City, no thanks

Not a big fan of Wo-Ha but I love LUBaC.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Let U Build A City was great, even though it sounded like an old b-side (maybe from cwu), but Wo Ha and Direct Buki of course aren't the brothers best releases
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 18, 2019, 18:28

Wo Ha and Direct Buki of course aren't the brothers best releases

"Of course"? Pah! If you discount CHEMICAL (which was more than a bonus album track), I reckon Direct Buki was the best of the bonus BITE tracks. Certainly the most playful.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: neorev on Feb 18, 2019, 06:39

So far, in my early listening experience neorev, Fanta is a much better track than the extra bonus tracks we received from the last album.