Superstar DJs, Here We Go!

Chemical Brothers tour manager Stuart James has died. RIP

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 05, 2015, 18:15

Previous topic - Next topic
In case you haven't seen Twitter & Facebook comments from the Chems:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-chemical-brothers/stuart-james/10153029647758358

He also used to be a producer/engineer in Manchester ,recording the likes of Joy Division and OMD for radio sessions and working with A Certain Ratio as producer. His Production & Technical credits on discogs can be found here.
Last Edit: Jul 05, 2015, 18:28 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I was so sad to hear this news, and he  -like everyone who the Chems surround themselves with - was a kind person. He took care of Tom and Ed, and we fans have him to thank for taking care of us as he ensured the tours were a well oiled machine.  :(
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

This is tough for all involved on the tour. My heart goes out to Stuart's family and friends. Even though we don't mention his name during the Chem tours, I will definitely now know that he played an important role in every show I went to.  We always describe how this show or that show was great, but we sometimes forget the people working backstage that are just important. Whether its cabling, or lighting,  moving gear, or even the tour drivers, they make up for what the tour is today.

I'm sad that T,E, and A have lost a friend.  :'(

Last Edit: Jul 05, 2015, 19:36 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Wow. That's devastating to hear. To be honest, I didn't know him and his role in the chems live clockwork but this news is just heartbreakingly sad. I hope he didn't have to suffer and could pass away in peace. My condolences to his family and friends. Wow, 20 years were a heck of a ride! Thank you, Stuart!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Stuart James, a Brother that almost everyone never saw, but it was a huge part of the chemical family, his role will live forever. RIP
Last Edit: Jul 06, 2015, 03:23 by Nekcore

I read everything I saw on fb about Stuart. Great man, great Brother. RIP. :(
You are all my children now!

My sympathy to all those connected to him, and I appreciate all that he did to bring the Chemical Brothers to everyone worldwide.

Last Edit: Jul 21, 2015, 01:53 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

I don't think this forum is used anymore however Stuart James is my uncle. I never really knew him personally as he rarely came to see us but my mother (his sister) did know him well and was happy to see some of the tributes to him. Finding out he had died was an odd thing for me as I never really knew how to react but getting to know what he has done has been really cool.

Quote from: Hubble on Nov 11, 2016, 22:24

I don't think this forum is used anymore however Stuart James is my uncle. I never really knew him personally as he rarely came to see us but my mother (his sister) did know him well and was happy to see some of the tributes to him. Finding out he had died was an odd thing for me as I never really knew how to react but getting to know what he has done has been really cool.
Wow. That's sad. As I said above, I didn't know him and what he'd done for the Chems until he passed away last year.
I hope your mother can tell you some amazing stories about him and his work. He must have had a pretty busy and exciting life. It's gonna be exciting to find out, I guess.

Welcome to the forum by the way!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Trust me (us), his contributions to what the Chems have brought us is not taken for granted. I would love to have an uncle as influential as your's. Succinctly, we are quite grateful.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Hubble on Nov 11, 2016, 22:24

Thank you so much for coming here! We so appreciate your uncle and all he has done <3
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.