It's the Lifestyle We're Living

2016 tour expectations and predictions

Started by Ben_j, Mar 25, 2016, 22:27

Previous topic - Next topic
A little more than two months left before the kickoff of the 2016 chems tour, with less Adam, more Ed and hopefully some changes from the 2015 setlist !
What do you want to see included or removed from the 2015 live set ?

What I'd like :
- Come With Us ! as the opening or as the opening for an encore
- The return of the "breaks" part early on in the set, with Music:Response, Song to the Siren, etc
- The return of The Big Jump part in Do it Again
- More visuals, specifically for the tracks that don't have visuals : Reflexion, the Acid Children segue, The Sunshine Underground, Block Rockin Beats
- No more Swoon
- Piku/Playground !
- Longer Escape Velocity ! Starting with the intro, instead of taking the track from the middle
- A surprise like Problem/Question (aka The Animal Track), My Elastic Eye, or an obscure B-side that only fans will identify
- Some of Tom's solo work ! Nothing But Pleasure or the Klaxons remix would fit so well before/after Under the Influence

Return of Das Spiegel or it's visuals
Surprise Flashback
Pills please!
Chemical Threeway
Full on Acid Clown visuals (not just the YOU'RE ALL MY CHILDREN NOW)
More experimental setlist (deviating from the same formula used since 2007)
Return of the Stargate?!
More use of the M:R/Out Of Control visuals! (it'd be cooler if they expanded M:R with the cop visuals)
HOOPS!!!
More midtour setlist changes (like from 05-08, I loved the variety from that era)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

The Return of Burst Generator. Could be beautifully sequed into Reflexion

Some old Dust Brothers tracks in addition to Siren & ChemBeats
no idea, no idea

Oh and Sometimes I Feel So Deserted/Horse Power mashup.

It Began In Afrika, Come With Us, and TPPR are the 3 (feasible) live songs I want to see most.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also on my wishlist: more real solo shows, less festival shows
no idea, no idea

The Chems seem comfortable with being closers at festivals. I do not blame them as they have been going for 20+ years. Along with that, the "prestige" of closing a festival must be quite attractive for them.

Excited to see what Tom, Ed, Adam and the crew come out with for the 2016 shows

I'm always massively impressed with the song re-edits and transitions through new sets

I'd like Midnight Madness & Burst Generator to be blasted out again with new visuals
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

K+D+B/The Sunshine Underground?
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Just a new setlist with a different structure to what has been for a little while now if not too much to ask. In the earlier concerts especially, (from beginning to come with us tour) I've always loved how with each new concert you never knew what to expect or there were some great unexpected remixes of favourites or songs you wouldn't think you'd hear. Her Jazz intertwined in the setlist somehow would be cool. Some B-sides old or new (they're all great!). A fuller version of 3 little birdies beats mashed with something else even. Some more evolved/different visuals. Above all though, Happy Ed and Tom are back and just doing it again live in whatever way they feel like really.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

I would love The return of :

Burst generator
We are the night (and why not the arpeggiator crazy mix with pills son't help you know)
It began in Afrika
Hoops ebw 6 version

I hope longer shows and better transition than 2015. I think it's the "poorest" tour in terms of dynamic. Some nice moments and others less intense in my opinion.The 2007 & 2011 tour were musically really nice with nice medley, nice melodies.

I wouldn't mind if they stopped playing swoon, do it again, and block rocking beats for a while.

Would be cool to hear reflexion, radiate, let us build a city.

Bring back Don't Fight Control!

Nevah
nevah
nevah
fight fight fight

My wishes:

Hey Boy Hey Girl no longer the intro - bring it in later!
HOOPS
Under Neon Lights
Something different with Swoon... I really have no idea what, but played differently somehow.
Breaking up Swoon/Star Guitar could be welcome.
In a similar way, OOC/Setting Sun is getting tired. Would love to hear a different take on that.
Wide Open could be devastating, and we know they've toyed with playing it.
Reflexion in the main setlist - not just played only once or twice in encores at CONCERTS I DON'T KNOW ARE HAPPENING NEAR ME - *cough*. Sorry.
S2A + Snow is very welcome to stay part of the main set.
I don't think I'd miss Saturate actually. And a setlist without Believe would be interesting to approach.
Keep Go, and I guess Do It Again, because it's not taking up much real estate in the setlist, and the transition is nice.
EML's probably going to stay, but I wouldn't mind seeing it go.
Block Rockin Beats no longer the final song. Move it back near the start, maybe even as intro!

also

I'll See You There played at least three times.

and as usual

Throw in some deeper digs once or twice for the nerds!

I'm really looking forward to seeing a bunch of new this year - not necessarily new songs or dropping mainstays, but hearing songs done in ways we haven't heard before. No Swoon/SG, no drum outro to Saturate, no OOC/Setting Sun, no HBHG as intro, no BRB as outro, etc.

Quite frankly, The Chemical Brothers have too many hits to cram in to keep playing these 1.5hr shows!
Last Edit: Apr 30, 2016, 04:36 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

And without being realistic at all, and in no particular order, here's a full set of wishlist songs:

I'll See You There
We Are The Night
The Pills Won't Help You Now
XTC (The Chemical Brothers Remix)
Hoops
In Dust We Trust
Direct Buki
The Sunshine Underground I Think I'm In Love (The Chemical Brothers Remix)
The Golden Path
Chico's Groove
Elektrobank
Container Park
Go
Snooprah
Reflexion
Piku Playground
Everything Must Go (The Chemical Brothers Mix)
Under Neon Lights
Dissolve
K+D+B
Chemical Beats (2005)
Das Spiegel
A Modern Midnight Conversation
Enjoyed - actually just Enjoyed doing an opening show
Swiper
Hold Tight London
Surface To Air / Snow
The Private Psychedelic Reel
Got Glint
Dust-Up-Beats
Loops of Fury
Marvo Ging
Believe
It Began In Afrika
Music: Response
It Doesn't Matter
new stuff
Last Edit: Apr 30, 2016, 04:54 by WhiteNoise

Assuming they are still on the 1.5 hour set time, I don't expect much to change at all. If they do put in something new, or change something up, I think Sunshine Underground will be cut.

Also, could Swoon work as an opener? Not that I have any problem with Hey Boy Hey Girl as an opener, but I know some people would like to see Swoon removed from the setlist. I'm fairly certain it's a permanent staple.
Last Edit: Apr 30, 2016, 06:24 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 30, 2016, 06:10

Also, could Swoon work as an opener?
I was thinking this same thing! Both songs are used about the same way live - drop the massive intro synth in, go into a long and rousing intro, and finally set into the satisfying groove.