Let Your Heart See the Colours All Around You

2018 Live Dates [Tour 2018]

Started by Ben_j, Nov 28, 2017, 10:36

Previous topic - Next topic
New date in Georgia on September 1st
https://www.facebook.com/events/224135821481333/

Doesn't seem to be a festival date

This is their first ever show in Tlbilisi, isn't it?

I love how Georgia can land The Chemical Brothers but the whole of Canada still can't.
Never for money, always for love.

Yeah. What is with the recent upswing in Eastern Block dates? Have they spent as much time over there before as they have recently?

Also, wasn't September when we were hoping they might make it over state side? I know it's only one day so far but... You gotta figure they have more in the works around that time, and probably closer to home rather than the other side of the world.

FeelsBadMan
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Yeah, I don't think there is any plans to come to United States this year. I really think they are tied to Festival dates and nothing is aligning for this year. The exception, again, being Day for Night Festival in Houston, which takes place in December.

I doubt this will happen, but, if you look further down the line to spring of 2019, it will be 20 years since the first Coachella (although, only being active for 19 of the years). There could be some kind of nostalgic fetching of old acts to reprise some of the original 1999 lineup in celebration. However, I think Tom and Ed have moved on from this festival, let alone Coachella has basically fazed out this type of booking.

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 27, 2018, 22:03

Yeah, I don't think there is any plans to come to United States this year. I really think they are tied to Festival dates and nothing is aligning for this year. The exception, again, being Day for Night Festival in Houston, which takes place in December.

I doubt this will happen, but, if you look further down the line to spring of 2019, it will be 20 years since the first Coachella (although, only being active for 19 of the years). There could be some kind of nostalgic fetching of old acts to reprise some of the original 1999 lineup in celebration. However, I think Tom and Ed have moved on from this festival, let alone Coachella has basically fazed out this type of booking.

Given the amount of gear to move, I don't think they would come to the US for a one off date

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 29, 2018, 07:44

Given the amount of gear to move, I don't think they would come to the US for a one off date

If not this year, I hope next year is a mostly american continents tour.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

French festival added.

I think my choice is Georgia this year, cause i don't need a visa.
Last Edit: Apr 18, 2018, 08:39 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Go for it. If it's a solo venture we'll keep you company here on the forum and turn it into a geeky play-by-play live journal.

New date added in Munich, Germany, on August 17th:
https://m.facebook.com/events/429465400848200?

I have already tickets for the second show at Ally Pally, but dang this is tempting. Munich would be possible as a day trip from where I live.

Seems like the munich date is an exclusive, so no more dates for Germany are planned
no idea, no idea

Still no Dutch dates? Oh, Tom & Ed with did we to you guys  :'(
I have already apologized for that horrific student audience that time at STRP, Eindhoven.

4-hour drive to Luxembourg might be a bit much...

Quote from: Joslyn on May 05, 2018, 13:54

I have already apologized for that horrific student audience that time at STRP, Eindhoven.

Come on, do the drive! It would be cool to have a meetup

Are you going there?
no idea, no idea

Yes, and I couldn't manager to drag any of my fellow Frenchmen there.

Quote from: Joslyn on May 05, 2018, 13:54

Crazy talk.  I've lost count of shows I've driven 6 hours for. 

So a month away from the first date and no signs of new music. This doesn't seem typical for them.

Bigger project in the works? Struggling to complete album? I'm just hungry for news?

Yeah. I was thinking this the other day. We'd normally have at least a tease of something. I'm hoping it's the 'bigger project' - as long as it doesn't take too long. I too am getting antsy for something to be shared.