Get Up On It Like This

The Prodigy (official thread)

Started by ThePumisher, Jul 23, 2015, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 03, 2022, 12:57

Why not a third vinyl with that 25th anniversary edition including Molotov Bitch, The Trick and No Man Army?

I'm with ya. I wish there they did a bit more for the anniversary edition. The Fat Of The Land deserves the Surrender treatment. Just some alternate artwork on colored vinyl was not enough to make me drop money. Not gonna lie, kinda disappointed. This album deserves so much more. At least include the b-sides, perhaps even instrumentals.

"For the anniversary of one of my favourite album, I'd really like a new remix from an artist I don't give a shit about !"
- No one ever

Hell Yeah , The Prodigy live concert(s) 2022 , i went to their first show of the UK tour at Sheffield O2 Academy , amazing energy and atmosphere , setlist was all killer , straight into my top five gigs of all time.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Hoping they come around europe so i can see them, but feelings will be weird not seeing Keef up there  :(

Last time i've seen them was at the Philipshalle Mitsubishi Electric Halle in Düsseldorf, 3 months before Keith's death.
no idea, no idea

Spoiler
looks like they are mostly focusing on the keith-less parts of their discography? which makes perfect sense... though admittedly I'm not familiar with some of these songs.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-prodigy/2022/o2-academy-sheffield-england-73b506bd.html

accompanied by this lovely tribute via an instrumental version of firestarter.

A huge selection of their discography are Keith-less tracks. Lots of goodies amongst them too.

true, yes. he was always a huge part of the live experience but on record it was a different picture. it makes sense they can shift the live show and go on. though he will be missed for sure.

Quote from: neorev on Jul 14, 2022, 12:09

A huge selection of their discography are Keith-less tracks. Lots of goodies amongst them too.

I remember myself shutting up one really annoying fb moaner crying all over the place about The Prodigy having literally no sense without the Keef on stage pointing him, that literally just 1/4 of the all of the main album tracks are those driven by the Keith, can't remember if I haven't even brought up all of them on one list, which made him finally shut up, as he was spreading the heavy bullshit making so many fake facts, that it just hurted XDDD

I simply love all of those "og 90's fans" who simply "know better, as they were there, when you weren't even born" XDDDD
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Going to see them in Newcastle on Monday. Looking forward to seeing them in a fairly smallish sold out venue on potentially the hottest day the country has ever seen.

6 Music is celebrating Prodigy's "Experience" and the year 1992 on Wednesday.

Starting at 4 a.m. (GMT) with playing Experience in full with introductions by different artists:

Hear The Prodigy's 'Experience' album in full, with each track introduced by an artist/musician, including Sleaford Mods, NIA Archives, Moby, Enter Shikari, Grove and Nova Twins.
This program is part of 6 Music's celebration of The Prodigy's debut album 'Experience' and the rave phenomenon of the early 90s.
The Prodigy Experience was central to the transition of rave culture into the mainstream. It captured the energy and spirit of the movement and translated it into an album, which no other act was able to do. As is well-documented, the band didn't stand still and moved rapidly forward from this album, going on to have a huge impact on both the dance and mainstream musical landscapes. It's a huge legacy that continues to this day.
The album captures a moment in time, but it's a vital moment in musical culture. It was the opening salvo from the band that got everybody in the place's attention and from which the band took us on an incredible and ambitious journey.
The emphasis of the day will be to share the story of this journey by shining the spotlight on the source, so whilst the focal point is The Prodigy Experience, it's the journey that is at the heart of it.

At 7:30 a.m. (GMT) Lauren comes in with Richard Russel:

Lauren join's 6 Music's exploration of The Prodigy Experience thirty years since its release and is joined by XL Recordings label boss Richard Russell with his memories of working with the band.

Also, she'll have music from 1992 all show long.

And at 4 p.m. (GMT) Steve Lamacq also celebrates the day:

We celebrate The Prodigy's Experience album - 30 years to the day of its release with music all day from 1992. Lammo has complied some classics from the Stereo MC's, The Orb, Utah Saints & the Ambassadors of Funk.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 26, 2022, 20:53

6 Music is celebrating Prodigy's "Experience" and the year 1992 on Wednesday.
Yeah, Chris Hawkins got in early with his "Remix" show/podcast on Friday the 23rd with an all -1992 show here. Although I have to say, it's not up to his usual standards. Even where I like the tracks, I don't like the choice of remixes much.
His Remix show is often quite good, like this one with the Stanton Warriors remix of The Chems Saturate along with some Renegade Master and the UNKLE remix of Ian Brown's F.E.A.R. But that '92 show? I could have done better myself.
(Incidentally I think he got the Stantons remix of Saturate from Stanton Sessions Vol 3)

Elsewhere in the Prodigy celebration, is something good: the original radio version of The Dirtchamber Sessions. Here. The Dirtchamber mix started off as an exclusive mix for Mary Ann Hobbes' Radio 1 Breezeblock show. It was so good that it was then decided to release the thing as a CD, and it went to No 1 in the UK album charts.  Some of the tracks in the original radio mix were different from the subsequent CD release -  for licensing reasons. The Beatles for example, didn't make it onto the CD release.

And if you can't listen due to territorial restrictions, no worries, someone put it up on YouTube in 2020. And in fact the YouTube version is more complete (than the 6 Music re-up), with an extra couple of minutes at the end. Full tracklisting in the YT description, feel free to compare to the Discogs/CD tracklisting.

Last Edit: Oct 02, 2022, 22:39 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Thank you so much for the radio broadcast! I had no clue at all about its backstory, I just bought that CD when I discovered it on the shelves back then, you know, when looking for new music at media stores was still a thing. The main reason that made me buy it were the incredible Babe Ruth and DJ Mink tracks.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

have to say that I'm really loving the Rocket Fuel rmx, classic LH treatment while keeping up the vibe of the og track
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: neorev on May 17, 2023, 22:11
The Prodigy played a new track called "Disrupt Ya Flow" tonight in Milan...

Wanted to post about it, but you've outran me with that.

As we've been talking on BK: Personally as much as I love it (those ravey synths and cinematic intro are dope as f) I'd like something beyond the IMD album scheme of last 3 records (even if IMD is like my 2nd fav album of theirs)
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

I don't know. I still love them, i would go to a show if they come near. But man, somehow everything since IMD just sounds the same in a more or lesser way. Except maybe Stand Up (or the Shut 'em Up mashup). Distrup Ya Flow could easily be on any of the last three albums.
Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 10:29 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea