Just Get Yourself High

Brothers Gonna Work It Out on vinyl?

Started by pg79, Jul 14, 2017, 18:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Will it ever happen?
Man I would love to have it on vinyl. I was hoping for a vinyl release since the rereleased all albums.. But no BGWIO :(.

/ Poul

i thought of this too a couple of times. hopefully in the near future. great CD for long car rides.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 14, 2017, 19:31

i thought of this too a couple of times. hopefully in the near future. great CD for long car rides.
Dont know if it's a copyright thing? Dirtchamber sessions didn't get a vinyl release either .. don't know if cd vs vinyl is different?
Last Edit: Jul 16, 2017, 15:15 by Csar

Quote from: PG79 on Jul 14, 2017, 21:34

Dont know if it's a copyright thing? Dirtchamber sessions didn't get a vinyl release either .. don't know if cd vs vinyl is different?

You should buy the cassette instead
no idea, no idea

My understanding of mix albums is that they started as a cassette thing during the disco era and then became a CD thing. I don't really think of DJ sets being released as a continuous mix on vinyl.
As an example I've got Global Underground's GU32 Adam Freeland comp. The CD formats are mixed but if you check the triple vinyl version (the one I've got) it's an unmixed selection of tracks.

I guess one of the problems is that a DJ mix may be at least 60 minutes long. Indeed in the case of those GU comps, they're 2 CDs long - that's about 140 minutes. Do you break up the continuation and split that accross multiple sides of vinyl?

Maybe y'all have some examples of mix albums on vinyl, so please feel free to prove me wrong,  but as I type this, I don't think they're the norm.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Thats a good point! Didn't think about that.
But in these vinyl rerelease times (god bless!) i hope they will release it...

I seen records on stuff like sound effects, beats, radio recordings.. And so on.
So even though the mix will be split up it would be cool.

/ Poul

I don't think this will be on vinyl, even though it's an amazing album and should be. It's doesn't even show up in Spotify which leads me to believe there are issues with the music used and maybe they cannot publish it anymore. I hope I'm wrong.

I would love to reach out to the 'powers that be' to push for a special 20th anniversary edition to celebrate the release of Brothers Gonna Work It Out on vinyl in September (to coincide with the release date of the 21st), or Record Store Day Black Friday (end of November) or just in time for Christmas..??

It would be possible either do it across a 2LP format (tracks one and two on Side A, then followed by a side each to the remaining tracks) or either a DELUXE 3LP set (one track per side with a special etching on Side F of either the cover art or the church sign?)

I would love to know peoples thoughts out there....

https://www.discogs.com/The-Chemical-Brothers-Brothers-Gonna-Work-It-Out/release/41114

In a very limited quantity I think it would be fun. But I don't know if it would be worth their time.

I'm no lawyer, but I would imagine they would have to revisit and check on certain updated copyrights of all the unowned music they use before they could re-issue. Which is something I doubt The Chems label wants to dredge through, let alone spend money on.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 25, 2018, 10:07

Previously discussed HERE.
Thanks for pointing it out. I merged the two.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)