Surrender

Deluxe packaging

Started by Ford, Jul 18, 2015, 00:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Bloke on Aug 04, 2015, 13:36

Wait, there's a triple vinyl out there ? Does it include bonus tracks ?
If you consider buying BITE on vinyl and you have some pounds or two to spare, you should get this package! It's simply gorgeous!
Last Edit: Aug 04, 2015, 16:54 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

:'( i pre ordered mine and still have not yet received it.......

Quote from: Redout_Chemical on Aug 04, 2015, 18:31

:'( i pre ordered mine and still have not yet received it.......
Have you been notified about its shipping yet?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

yeah i have, they said it would come today latest because im in Canada, but if it doesnt come today i am going to be pissed.

Universal has been the worst to deal with this whole ordeal. I just finally got the bonus high quality wav's yesterday after having to go through hoops to have them sent to me after being promised, and now this shipping delay, its sad but i will never order from the chems shop ever again.

Quote from: Redout_Chemical on Aug 05, 2015, 12:43

yeah i have, they said it would come today latest because im in Canada, but if it doesnt come today i am going to be pissed.

Universal has been the worst to deal with this whole ordeal. I just finally got the bonus high quality wav's yesterday after having to go through hoops to have them sent to me after being promised, and now this shipping delay, its sad but i will never order from the chems shop ever again.

For me it's quite the opposite. I still haven't received the wavs but only got stupid counter questions and promises instead. Did you get a tracking ID for your package?
I hope the package, once arrived, will make up for all the mess you had.
Last Edit: Aug 05, 2015, 13:13 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

that was the same with me, they kept asking me counter questions, and then passing the email to someone else who wouldnt read the whole thing except the subject line and then say i would receive my package by Aug. 05 when i was really referring to the digital wav's finally last week i lost it on them and was like look i havent received either thing yet and im pissed.

They then sent me the link to the wav's which you can download here

Today is the fifth and if i go home and dont have it yet im going to be greatly dissapointed.
Last Edit: Aug 05, 2015, 14:21 by Csar

Quote from: Redout_Chemical on Aug 05, 2015, 13:58

that was the same with me, they kept asking me counter questions, and then passing the email to someone else who wouldnt read the whole thing except the subject line and then say i would receive my package by Aug. 05 when i was really referring to the digital wav's finally last week i lost it on them and was like look i havent received either thing yet and im pissed.

They then sent me the link to the wav's which you can download here

Today is the fifth and if i go home and dont have it yet im going to be greatly dissapointed.
I'm sorry for being an asshole too, but I had to delete the link since this could mean some sort of infringement. But thanks for letting me know how it went. I'll get back to them and demanding my link :D. It's been more than two weeks now since I asked. I totally understand your frustration!
Last Edit: Aug 05, 2015, 14:27 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

How very disappointing. I've never purchased anything direct from the Chems store, and I am hesitant to do so in the future. It seems each time around, something goes wrong or not according to plan. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Redout!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

thanks, sorry for posting the link, i didnt think it would be infringement since it wasnt personalized.

Thanks whirly, hope i get it soon too, i just wanna feel it in my hands and finally listen to it on my turntable.  :music

Quote from: Csar on Aug 04, 2015, 16:44

If you consider buying BITE on vinyl and you have some pounds or two to spare, you should get this package! It's simply gorgeous!

I already bought the vinyl, but it's the normal version, I didn't know there would be a deluxe version on vinyl as well...
Can someone make a rip of the intro of I'll See You There and send it to me by PM please ?

Did you guys who have troubles with your order have contact with Marisa from universal music? She helped me very well.
PM me and I can give you her emailadress.

I am still waiting for my Triple Vinyl too, but I am not fussed, postage from the UK to Aus can vary from a week to a month sometimes. I don't think it has anything to do with the Chems Store. I'll wait a bit longer before I contact them.

You would think that when a parcel contains something limited edition they would make it traceable though.

So i finally received the LP last night.

I gotta say the packaging is amazing, it actually exceeded my expectations.

One thing though is that my litho came slightly damaged, in two of the corners it was definitely dropped or something before it was packaged as it came in between two pieces of cardboard and the cardboard was not damaged, however two corners are significantly damaged.

Should this be something i complain about? i dunno?

Quote from: Redout_Chemical on Aug 07, 2015, 13:13

So i finally received the LP last night.

I gotta say the packaging is amazing, it actually exceeded my expectations.

One thing though is that my litho came slightly damaged, in two of the corners it was definitely dropped or something before it was packaged as it came in between two pieces of cardboard and the cardboard was not damaged, however two corners are significantly damaged.

Should this be something i complain about? i dunno?

Oh, that's a bummer!! Well, as you might guess, dealing with this kind of thing with customer support is as tedious as your shipping issue. I have a dent/ scratch in my cover sleeve and asked them for a replacement. You most probably won't get a replacement, like myself,  just for the lithography, I'm afraid. So, you would have to sent the whole package back and request a refund or total replacement - that's what they gonna tell you. And you would have to pay the shipping fee by yourself.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Maybe they can just send you a new litho. Companies need to learn that half-assing packaging does not flip profits when they need to resend stuff.

Ok now I regret having ordered the double LP from a regular store, if I had known there was a triple LP on the official sore, I wouldn't have done so...  :(
I really hesitate on buying this triple LP, as I didn't like the album very much, but I'm very curious as to said different version of I'll See You There.
Last Edit: Aug 08, 2015, 16:39 by The Bloke

Quote from: The Bloke on Aug 08, 2015, 16:34

Ok now I regret having ordered the double LP from a regular store, if I had known there was a triple LP on the official sore, I wouldn't have done so...  :(
I really hesitate on buying this triple LP, as I didn't like the album very much, but I'm very curious as to said different version of I'll See You There.
Why would you spend even more money on an album you don't really like? I'll See You There is not that much different and might not necessarily warrant another buy of about €60 in my opinion.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Is it just me? I don't hear any differences between the track on the cd and on the triple vinyl. Except for the ending of Under Neon Lights and the beginning of EML Ritual.

I do think it's a huge missed uportunity to put Reflexion Extended on the 3LP in stead of the album versions. Would have made the 3LP just a bit more exclusive.

This is the exclusive standard cd for Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay.
You are all my children now!

And this is thedeluxe edition (cd). It says Made in the Czech Republic. Btw, something I read in other thread: "piku" is the slang word in Spanish for "pick-up", the old portable record player. It's pronounced that way by older people who don't know English and couldn't pronounce it properly. It is written "piku/pikú/picú". I'm pretty sure that's what the name of the track means. Cheers!
Last Edit: Aug 25, 2015, 00:13 by SouthernBrother
You are all my children now!