Who's Gonna Take the Weight, Who's Gonna Take the Blame?

A Big Chems Meetup or Two

Started by WhiteNoise, Dec 19, 2017, 19:28

Previous topic - Next topic
Let's face it... The Chems are closer to the end of their career than the beginning. There won't be many more opportunities for this. And I have had a shit year and need to look forward to hanging out with some awesome people.

I know it's premature to say there's American dates coming up, but I'll be heading out to the West coast for a date or two when if they happen, and I'm wondering if I can drag some of us Midwest / East coast Chems fans out with me.

Would be cool to see a European meetup organized too, with everyone invited - not just forum members, but Brotherhood on Facebook, maybe we can even get the word out on the Chems page itself.

No concrete ideas yet - figured we can start the conversation about it early though.
Never for money, always for love.

Definitely down. I'll need to convince the wife but you can almost certainly count me in for a show anywhere west of Lake Michigan.

I think pizza, beer and donuts should definitely be involved in some way. And maybe some cringey bachelorette style matching clothing???
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Should that happen, i'll convince my ma to take me should they tour west during the summer. I'll be saving up my earnings from my job for some plane tickets, and that might convince her (she loves the Private psychedelic reel as well as some of the EBW songs I have burnt on a CD).
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I only can go to the Europe, not to US (but i want! really!), 'cause it's fucking expensive and it can took 12hr by airplane, and your embassy is not so friendy and we need to pass bizarre interview (150 questions) for visa, etc, etc.

But maybe, maybe i can organize some European meetup. I'm thinking to go to the Prague (Metronome Festival) or to the Slovakia (Pohoda Festival), but this is not exactly decided. I'm waiting for more dates and opportunites.
Hi Kevin!

i'd be down
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will surely coordinate and gather. We forum peeps shall continue to communicate!

Will there be beer?

edit: never mind, the holy trinity of pizza, beer, and donuts have been cited

edit edit: I request sleeping quarters with Pooter so he can keep me warm at night
Last Edit: Jan 12, 2018, 23:09 by Bosco

Sorry, for euros substitute potatoes for donuts

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 12, 2018, 23:23
Sorry, for euros substitute potatoes for donuts
Yeeeeeah))
Hi Kevin!

ohmygod.

I totally missed this. Bosco, you've always got a spot in my bed, baby. <3

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 12, 2018, 22:59

Will there be beer?

edit: never mind, the holy trinity of pizza, beer, and donuts have been cited

edit edit: I request sleeping quarters with Pooter so he can keep me warm at night

Quote from: MadPooter on Jan 17, 2018, 21:19

Bosco, you've always got a spot in my bed, baby. <3

no idea, no idea

Hey, two totally heterosexual guys performing the Salmon Dance can lead to some epic Burt Generators in The Sunshine Underground... if you know what I mean... 8)

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 18, 2018, 01:06

Hey, two totally heterosexual guys performing the Salmon Dance can lead to some epic Burt Generators in The Sunshine Underground... if you know what I mean... 8)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Just wait until they try to recruit you

"Come With Us and Hold Tight, London ;)"
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meeting up with likeminded Chems nerds is one of the best things in life! I will always recommend a meetup so everyone can enjoy the show together.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jan 28, 2018, 16:46

Meeting up with likeminded Chems nerds is one of the best things in life! I will always recommend a meetup so everyone can enjoy the show together.
Tardy response... been a while since I was on here - but fully agree with that, whirly! Finally got to meet the legend that is Sneakerbeater and a few others at the Roundhouse in 2015 at the apple gig and made for a great night.  It's looking like a few people are buying tickets for the Ally Pally gig in October - I haven't gone for it yet, sorely tempted, particularly if there is a big meet-up... but with a load of shows already lined up this year (2 x The The as they finally get back round to touring, LCD, David Byrne, Flight of the Conchords to name a few) and a lot of travelling for work I may finally end up pushing it too far with Mrs S!

I'm in for a meetup at the Ally Pally gig on Saturday Oct. 6th  ;D