'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

Concerts you've been to

Started by Ben_j, Jul 18, 2015, 00:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Last night i went to the Bluedot Festival ( virtual online ) 2020 - Various artists performing Live AV sets , ,  Ana Matronic performed her Deep Space Disco  set , a pretty groovy set with some 90's bangers thrown in , then the turn of Daniel Avery , a pounding relentless techno set that's freakin excellent , check it out below , then Orbital + others ( check out Bluedot Festival's Youtube channel for others acts and sets available to listen to again. Later today (Sunday) , there will be some Tim's Twitter Listening Parties for albums by Hot Chip - Bath Full of Ecstasy , then , New Order - Technique.

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Went to Louisville for  HellHouse last weekend.  If you get a chance to Luke Vibert (who've I wanted to see for years) and PostHuman (who I've never heard of) on the I <3 Acid tour, do it!!!  Kenny Larkin, Sam Me, & BenMan also killed it! 

Last week I went to a very nice festival in Buenos Aires: Music Wins. I saw !!!: amazing!! very powerful set, but only for 30 min, at 15hs... with a 35° C... without any cloud in the sky :o 
Later saw Alvvays and Crumb, really really nice. At the night Chet Faker, a very good surprise, never heard it  before. And the reason I went to that festival: metronomy, woow... they were awesome, clean sound, a lot of dance and the crowd were nuts. Very good way to end this 2022, the year the concerts came back!

After three years without any concert, I already have tickets for Måneskin, Muse, and Weird Al Yankovich for next year. Hopefully I can add a Chems show to that list :)

I have my ticket for Depeche Mode, July next year. 
I cannot wait to hear Personal Jesus live again  :music
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 23, 2022, 21:23
After three years without any concert, I already have tickets for Måneskin, Muse, and Weird Al Yankovich for next year. Hopefully I can add a Chems show to that list :)
LOL, I have yet to see Weird Al! Im jealous!

ugh.... Bring to states Noel/Bobby/Shaun!!!!!!
https://twitter.com/NoelGallagher/status/1617448148829614081

although, Happy Mondays might be the worst act I ever saw, tbh

I went to see Kraftwerk in Buenos Aires, Argentina last Tuesday and in Santiago de Chile on Thursday. They were amazing! They are doing a "new" show... There is no 3D screen anymore, now there is an LED screen and some other things (their costumes are in sync with the visuals). Fritz Hilpert is also not there, it seems that he will no longer tour and honestly his absence was noticeable ... Anyway, my heart is 50% for the Chems and the other 50% for the Robots, so I am more than happy! And well, considering Ralf's age, I think this is the last time they return to South America.

Glad to read that you caught a couple of the South American shows. Was fortunate to catch them in Chicago last year which (also) presumably, will be the last time with Ralf.

The 3D part of the show didn't really add that much to the performance, imo. But the glasses they gave away was an awesome souvenir!

Did you see they have a gig booked at The Acropolis in Athens?!

Yes, a spectacular venue! and in August they will do a mapping projections show at the Karlsruhe Palace, mind blowing!

Saw M83 at a festival, and while the show was a bit hit and miss (mostly due to the fact I don't particularly know most of their songs) that rendition of Solitude was incredible

Depeche Mode was fantastic, this is second time I've seen them live and it was even better than first time, band was amazing and Dave was in great form, as was Martin who gave us amazing acoustic version of Strangelove that I'm sorry to say have only 30 sec of.
This time I've decided to record very little and just enjoy the show, recordings are made by friend of mine.

I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

I saw the Flaming Lips a couple weeks ago for the 20th anniversary of Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots, and had the best time! It was my second time seeing them and they do not disappoint! They played the full album and had the lyrics on the screen so
folks could sing along. Then after they played the full album start to finish, they played a whole n'other set filled with array of songs from across their catalog. Wayne Coyne said they'd play until they kicked us out, and that's pretty much what happened! Like two shows in one! Their visuals were bright and fun and trippy, and who doesn't like robots? We got 4 giant inflatable pink ones wiggling about onstage at various intervals throughout the show! Fun crowd mixed bag of ages which was cool. Just a fabulous fun and uplifting show that had me grinning from ear to ear long after the houselights went on. And it made me fall in love with Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots all over again... loved it and anyone even remotely thinking of seeing The Flaming Lips should just do it!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Sep 03, 2023, 16:04
I saw the Flaming Lips a couple weeks ago for the 20th anniversary of Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots, and had the best time! It was my second time seeing them and they do not disappoint! They played the full album and had the lyrics on the screen so
folks could sing along. Then after they played the full album start to finish, they played a whole n'other set filled with array of songs from across their catalog. Wayne Coyne said they'd play until they kicked us out, and that's pretty much what happened! Like two shows in one! Their visuals were bright and fun and trippy, and who doesn't like robots? We got 4 giant inflatable pink ones wiggling about onstage at various intervals throughout the show! Fun crowd mixed bag of ages which was cool. Just a fabulous fun and uplifting show that had me grinning from ear to ear long after the houselights went on. And it made me fall in love with Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots all over again... loved it and anyone even remotely thinking of seeing The Flaming Lips should just do it!

I saw them at the Agora in Cleveland in June and it was magical.  The positivity, love, and exuberance of their shows is some glint level shit.  Seen them 12 times for a reason.

Also saw LCD, Jamie XX, and Idles in Columbus recently.  Never heard anything from Idles before and immediately became a fan.  They fucking rock.

Seeing Kruder & Dorfmeister LIVE in Chicago on Weds.  

I went to a Daði Freyr concert yesterday and I have to say it was a lot more electronic than I'd expected based on all the songs I knew before the show (2).
It was also really really fun.

Coincidally, with Måneskin earlier this year I have now seen two acts who competed in the Eurovision 2021 contest.

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 16, 2023, 08:51
I went to a Daði Freyr concert yesterday
What a treat!

That guy is an absolutely phenomenal talent. We saw him last year and my wife asks me weekly when he'll be coming back. We had a couple in the audience that had ENDED THEIR WEDDING EARLY to come to the show.
He dedicated 'Shut Up' to them  :))

They recorded a full show at Roundhouse last year, if anyone wanted to take a peek.
Last Edit: Sep 16, 2023, 21:27 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

OMG K&D were fucking awesome.  Their tracks, their "Sessions," Tosca, Peace Orchestra...and Bowie, Nina Simone, Sinatra getting the K&D treatment.  And HOLY SHIT that bass was INSANE.  Just like Chems in Colorado, glad I remembered my nice ear plugs.  

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 16, 2023, 15:41
What a treat!

That guy is an absolutely phenomenal talent. We saw him last year and my wife asks me weekly when he'll be coming back. We had a couple in the audience that had ENDED THEIR WEDDING EARLY to come to the show.
He dedicated 'Shut Up' to them  :))

He's doing a huge North America tour, if anybody on this side of the Atlantic is interested:

blonde redhead just kicked off a US tour and are in great form. if you have any interest in them at all go see them, it is a treat to see them in action again.

This weekend I went to Primavera Sound Buenos Aires. I saw great shows: The Cure, Blur, Beck, Pet Shop Boys, Slowdive, among others. I never thought I would see The Cure live, it was an incredible 2 and a half hour show, Robert has an impeccable voice and they played hit after hit, amazing. I'm not a big fan of Blur, but they did a beautiful show. Beck was also excellent, he invited Damon Albarn to sing The Valley of the Pagans by Gorillaz.

The Charlatans keep alluding me (I missed their show when they were in Los Angeles last year) but I got a chance to see them with Ride last Saturday at the beautiful Wiltern theater in Los Angeles! It was a fun show, older crowd (and by older, I mean people my age lol) and for some extra added excitement there was a false fire alarm in which those of us in the mezzanine were prompted to evacuate briefly (the charlatans kept on playing!) The tour is celebrating Ride's Nowhere and the Charlatans' Between 10th and 11th.  It was my second time seeing the Charlatans and my first time seeing Ride, and it made me realize yet again that I've been missing out and need to see more live music! Tim had sweet stage presence and was filming the audience (and blowing them kisses 😘). The show also made me realize just how much I appreciate Tony Rogers as he's just so fabulous on keys! I wasn't able to stay for Ride's full set as I had to get home, so hopefully can catch them again sometime soon. They were excellent! For those in the US, check Ride and the Charlatans - they are still touring here and the double bill is too good to miss out!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.