Get Up On It Like This

2022/10/15 - AMNESIA - Ibiza, Spain - DJ Set

Started by Bosco, Aug 09, 2022, 17:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 17, 2022, 11:46
As for the words? You wanna google them and figure out who this singer dude is?
Hold my beer...

Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 21, 2022, 19:48

Haha that would be awesome, but I guess at a stage where they show the stuff around the titles are already done and dusted.

Erm, Guitar Tuned to D sounds familiar to you? :p
Last Edit: Oct 21, 2022, 21:02 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Explud on Oct 21, 2022, 20:20

Hold my beer...

Well it's not a secret that Primal Scream sampled Rev Jackson on Come Together

But I don't hear the lyrics from this new Chems track in your clip Explud. Have I missed something?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 21, 2022, 20:50
But I don't hear the lyrics from this new Chems track in your clip Explud.
This is the answer to the question of who it could be, not about from where it's extracted.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Oct 21, 2022, 21:16

This is the answer to the question of who it could be, not about from where it's extracted.

Well at the moment, I think the spoken word bit and the singing bit are performed by the same person/voice.
As far as I know, Jesse Jackson doesn't sing. So I think that probably rules him out.
Happy to be proved wrong though.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

To me, the spoken vocals and the "till we meet again, all my love" don't sound like the same voice at all.

Quote from: Csar on Oct 21, 2022, 20:35

Erm, Guitar Tuned to D sounds familiar to you? :p
Good Point  ;D

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 17, 2022, 11:46

EDIT:Incidentally the spoken word bits seem to borrow heavily from Psalm 23, previously used by Kanye West in Jesus Walks (amongst many others). Kanye is making an arse of himself in the media at the moment. I think he may be mentally ill, and should probably be ignored and not even quoted.
Psalm 23 is super famous, so there's no reason to think if the Chems used it (or a vocal sample citing it), it's in any way inspired by or related/refering to Kanye Wests work.

I think Kanye West is just a massive prick.I have no idea whether or not he's mentally ill, but mental illneses usually don't turn people into pricks. Full agree that he should be ignored.

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 22, 2022, 21:08

Psalm 23 is super famous, so there's no reason to think if the Chems used it (or a vocal sample citing it), it's in any way inspired by or related/refering to Kanye Wests work.

No, I was just giving Kanye as an example of a pop artist who has used/referenced Pslam 23. (I did say "amongst many others".)
Not everyone here may be Christian or aware of Psalm 23.

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 22, 2022, 21:08

I think Kanye West is just a massive prick.I have no idea whether or not he's mentally ill, but mental illneses usually don't turn people into pricks. Full agree that he should be ignored.
Well there are definitely people in prisons - where it's not clear if they should be in prison or an asylum. I'm not trying to sound unsympathetic to mental illness, but some mentally ill people can be difficult or dangerous to deal with. Some may even commit serious crimes like assault or murder. Would it be harsh to suggest that the fictitious character of Hanibal Lecter was not right in the head? I would suggest that many serial killers are probably mentally ill. Was Dahmer a prick? Yeah I think so.

"I totally sympathize with what Trevor Noah is saying— 'counsel him, don't cancel him,'
LA Times: Kanye West's mental health issues
Last Edit: Oct 22, 2022, 22:15 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 22, 2022, 21:48

Not everyone here may be Christian or aware of Psalm 23.
As long as there is no dude standing in front of me turning water into wine i'll stay very atheistic.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Csar on Oct 21, 2022, 18:45
How awesome would it be if Tom & Ed adopted one of our working titles on an album?
Still have hope they'll change No Reason into Woo Track for us!
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Quote from: ; on Nov 29, 2022, 01:36

Still have hope they'll change No Reason into Woo Track for us!

release Pumisher's Erection Song as Pumisher's Erection Song!!!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

If the BBSG wouldn't be that one epic finale closer to the album, then I completely dunno where to place it, it has to be the one.
Spoiler
But for me it sounds more like "OH MY LORD", than "all my love", but I might be wrong.
I feel that the title will be a short and simple "Till We Meet Again"
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?