Let Your Heart See the Colours All Around You

under the influence phrase sample

Started by voxinbrain, Dec 14, 2022, 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello! Does anyone know where the phrase - sample "I was under the influence" which is repeated throughout the "Under the influence" track came from? Thank you!  :music

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 15, 2022, 06:07

Under the influence of drugs.
Hello! Thanks for the link! I read everything from top to bottom, and then from bottom to top, but did not find the right phrase (audio / sample). Could you clarify exactly where it is, if you're not kidding? thanks again!

I seem to remember reading an interview with Brothers in which they said under the influence sample was their friend who was under the influence at the time.
I could be very wrong.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Dec 15, 2022, 10:32

I seem to remember reading an interview with Brothers in which they said under the influence sample was their friend who was under the influence at the time.
I could be very wrong.
Thank you very much, though!  :)

Hi voxinbrain and welcome to the forum!

I'm pretty sure, Enjoyed misunderstood your question being about the origin of the sample rather than the phrase itself.
I can't remember if we've ever talked about that sample here on the forums as we have about other samples. Unless Tom or Ed would get asked about it, I suspect this remains a mystery.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hello! Yes, it would be great to ask them about it.
Thank you very much and happy holidays if you celebrate! :)

Quote from: sandelic on Dec 15, 2022, 10:32

I could be very wrong.

This is correct, according to my recollection of actual T&E interactions here on the forum.

Thank you very much! You helped me a lot! :)