Further

Post Your Music (pt 2)

Started by Enjoyed, Jul 08, 2015, 09:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on Nov 08, 2022, 12:45

Come on, Krabbs, don't be too harsh. the user even made the effort to search for a TCM thread and also addressed it in the second post. I'd rather have minor things like that than nonsensical spam bots any day of the week :)

I'll admit, though, that it would have been nice if the OP had just briefly introduced her-/himself before plugging something.

Thanks for the support, I do admit that I am unfamiliar with the workings/ sections here, and actually wasn't sure where to post it as I just wanted to share the mix as I figured there would be interest in all things Chems and TCM. And thanks to the Admins for moving it to a more appropriate section.

Not much more to say by way of intro or plugging The Drone Pilots, as this was mainly about TCM. Enjoy!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 08, 2022, 09:12

I know Satu8 mentioned the "post your own music" thread...

Edit Chembase Team: moved to here.

I take some responsibility here and apologize to MathsDX for any confusion. I listened to and enjoyed the mix, and thought others might as well. The mix was placed in a Crystal Method section of the forum that is less visited and not associated with user productions so I suggested they try here for more exposure.

Whether or not the new person should have introduced themselves before dropping a mix can be up for debate (I think it is a fair request), but this forum can be difficult for someone jumping into the convo. I was a lurker member for years in the OG format before becoming somewhat active because it wasn't a very welcoming group if you weren't already part of it. I don't feel it's that way anymore, but we certainly could have done better here.  Besides, we are in a stale period here and new mixes of classic trax should be a good thing, and it's fair to say TCM has crossover appeal here for some.

And as someone who listened to the mix, there are 2 brief but effective nods to the Brothers in there.  So, my bad, I was being welcoming and enjoyed the mix.

Take the lesson on introducing yourself, MathsDX, but also feel free to bring fresh takes and ideas into the group moving forward. And maybe mix up a ChemBros mix for us in the future...😀

(And moving forward, my own lesson will be to add links...it's more helpful.)
Last Edit: Nov 14, 2022, 19:52 by satur8
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

All cool, nothing to worry about and certainly no "guilt" on any party's part. This is not a snobby place and I'm happy about any new users coming along and bring something fresh to the table!

Quote from: satur8 on Nov 14, 2022, 19:43

Whether or not the new person should have introduced themselves before dropping a mix can be up for debate (I think it is a fair request), [...]
Well, not a request, rather something I would do if I was new to a fan site where nobody knows me or, in general, wherever I'd meet new people in real life. I would feel awkward stopping by, not saying hi and just drop a link. But that's just me.

Quote from: satur8 on Nov 14, 2022, 19:43

[...]
but this forum can be difficult for someone jumping into the convo. I was a lurker member for years in the OG format before becoming somewhat active because it wasn't a very welcoming group if you weren't already part of it.
Haha, this totally reflects my early experience back in 2004 when I first joined the forum. I crashed and burned when I confronted Iguanapunk over him being offensive in one post and he was like "so what, that's my stick, not meant seriously" and everyone else knew and was in on the impudent jokes. Ahh, youth...
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 14, 2022, 20:22

I crashed and burned when I confronted Iguanapunk

The science checks out.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Yeah, I should have known. Got eaten alive :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 14, 2022, 20:43

Yeah, I should have known. Got eaten alive :D

Oh man haha 😂 iggy had it out with everyone, nobody was safe!! The forum could be a real tough crowd then! is a much more welcoming place these days for sure.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Last Edit: Jul 31, 2023, 05:47 by Explud
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Thanks amigo!!!

I'm no virtuoso but I really do like to play, and I do like to perform (even though my technique is a little off at times).

I took a habit since 2011 of making a roughly 1h15 mix each year with my favourite tracks of the year. I also took a bad habit of not releasing it on time for years where I didn't have enough time/enough music that inspired me. 

A few days ago I finaly finished the 2018 edition ! I now only miss 2017 to have a complete 10 years series (and I'm working on it right now since I have some time)

https://www.mixcloud.com/SBRK/so-that-was-2018/

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 17, 2023, 09:52
I took a habit since 2011 of making a roughly 1h15 mix each year with my favourite tracks of the year. I also took a bad habit of not releasing it on time for years where I didn't have enough time/enough music that inspired me.

A few days ago I finaly finished the 2018 edition ! I now only miss 2017 to have a complete 10 years series (and I'm working on it right now since I have some time)

https://www.mixcloud.com/SBRK/so-that-was-2018/
If nothing else this is helping to keep me awake enough to finish an overdue mediation brief.

Seriously though--really nice to hear the SMD + Chems in a proper mix. Gracias amigo.

This past week marked exactly 20 years since I recorded my first "DJ mix" which was essentially a 20 minute practice run beat matching a couple songs (including HIA, since the Come With Us 12" was one of the first records I ever bought!). Even if it was just a goofy little thing, it obviously had a big impact on me going forward. Since then I've DJed on a semi-regular basis, with ebbs and flows between being very much a hobby to more professional gigs. I've maintained a pretty decent collection of 12"s over the years but along the way stopped playing as much dance music and focused on other genres.

Anyway, the reason for the preamble here is that, while the timing of this as it relates to that first recording is mostly coincidental, I finally finished and released a mix this week! I haven't put a set out in nearly 15 years but I'm quite proud of this one! It was recorded in one shot straight from vinyl, and includes some records I've had nearly as long as I've been collecting, right up to one's picked up in the last couple months.

Chemical Siblings will recognize a lot of this, as well as a couple nods to DJ sets from the Brothers as well. I hope you enjoy!

https://www.mixcloud.com/actionjackson780/dj-action-jackson-under-the-big-bright-yellow-sun/

Six minutes in and it sounds great! All done with vinyl and mixed live? Impressive!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Apr 24, 2023, 14:28
This past week marked exactly 20 years since I recorded my first "DJ mix" which was essentially a 20 minute practice run beat matching a couple songs (including HIA, since the Come With Us 12" was one of the first records I ever bought!). Even if it was just a goofy little thing, it obviously had a big impact on me going forward. Since then I've DJed on a semi-regular basis, with ebbs and flows between being very much a hobby to more professional gigs. I've maintained a pretty decent collection of 12"s over the years but along the way stopped playing as much dance music and focused on other genres.

Anyway, the reason for the preamble here is that, while the timing of this as it relates to that first recording is mostly coincidental, I finally finished and released a mix this week! I haven't put a set out in nearly 15 years but I'm quite proud of this one! It was recorded in one shot straight from vinyl, and includes some records I've had nearly as long as I've been collecting, right up to one's picked up in the last couple months.

Chemical Siblings will recognize a lot of this, as well as a couple nods to DJ sets from the Brothers as well. I hope you enjoy!

https://www.mixcloud.com/actionjackson780/dj-action-jackson-under-the-big-bright-yellow-sun/

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 25, 2023, 06:07
Loved this!

Haven't heard Take Me Home in literally years. Beautiful.
Thanks! Funnily enough that GA song is pretty new to me. It's been hiding on Side C of the Best of GA promo 2x12", which I've had for years but usually go to for "My Friend" or "I See You Baby"  :D

Next time I am in town, I want to go back through your vinyl collection with you. Offer is open when you lovely people are in my neck of the woods again. 

Always forget how under-appreciated Kylie's Slow (Chemical Brothers Remix) is. Sure, it likely was a label request. But the squeally acid synth and drum lines drive hard! I still need to find this on vinyl. I approve of this addition to the mix.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 25, 2023, 18:22
https://www.discogs.com/de/sell/release/242787?ev=rb
Shipping in / to Canada...ouch on the wallet. Generally an extra $25 - 50 per order. Easier to just hunt in real life.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly