Surrender to the Void

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
I went to a bar last week that was playing the new Little Simz album and this has been on rotation ever since.

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 01, 2023, 09:19

I Love Louis Cole...and no, not just the track by that name done by Thundercat (and Louis Cole)

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Gretel Hänlyn - Wiggy

no idea, no idea

Quote from: rynostar on Jan 17, 2023, 01:01
I Love Louis Cole...and no, not just the track by that name done by Thundercat (and Louis Cole)

My introduction to Louis Cole was pretty strange. I saw a random post on Reddit, something like "Proof that Louis Cole is the drummer from Clown Core", linking to a Knower song. I knew Clown Core, I had seen a couple videos and thought it was pretty funny, yet still pretty listenable and enjoyable, so I clicked, then discovered Knower and instantly fell in love. Then listened to what he LC was doing on its own and loved it too. I love discovering artists in a convoluted way like this

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 18, 2023, 23:25
My introduction to Louis Cole was pretty strange. I saw a random post on Reddit, something like "Proof that Louis Cole is the drummer from Clown Core", linking to a Knower song. I knew Clown Core, I had seen a couple videos and thought it was pretty funny, yet still pretty listenable and enjoyable, so I clicked, then discovered Knower and instantly fell in love. Then listened to what he LC was doing on its own and loved it too. I love discovering artists in a convoluted way like this
My introduction to Louis Cole also is strange and convoluted (Starts back in 2010 when a girlfriend wanted to go see Flying Lotus). Through long links to other artists, the Louis Cole part starts when I went to my last show pre-pandemic (Feb 28, 2020) to see Thundercat. He had a speech about Louis Cole in his set. I had no idea who he was talking about. Looked up Louis Cole after heading home after the show and have since been going down the rabbit hole of all his work and collabs since (clown core, knower, vulfpeck, Sam Gendel, Genevieve Artadi, JD Beck & Domi).

Here is a clip of the speech from a few nights later:

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 18, 2023, 23:25
Quote from: rynostar on Jan 19, 2023, 22:43
My introduction to Louis Cole also is strange and convoluted (Starts back in 2010 when a girlfriend wanted to go see Flying Lotus). Through long links to other artists, the Louis Cole part starts when I went to my last show pre-pandemic (Feb 28, 2020) to see Thundercat. He had a speech about Louis Cole in his set. I had no idea who he was talking about. Looked up Louis Cole after heading home after the show and have since been going down the rabbit hole of all his work and collabs since (clown core, knower, vulfpeck, Sam Gendel, Genevieve Artadi, JD Beck & Domi).

Ah, Louis Cole, I remember. I believe Whitenoise posted about him quite some times and I loved his track Weird Part of the Night

I as well speculated about him being part of Clown Core in my post in here
Don't know why I haven't followed up on more of his work yet, he's crazy talented.

Oh, by the way, @GLAKO-FAHN also posted the Thundercat video in response to my post two years ago. Funny how some things come full circle sometimes (like the one time I posted about Lusine as if it had never been mentioned here before only to be lectured by Enjoyed :D)

And I also love how you guys describe the "convoluted introduction" to him. It is such a satisfying way of discovering new artists in your life when each new song/ track catches your interest in some fashion and makes you want to keep digging for more and more.
Last Edit: Jan 21, 2023, 10:33 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Last Edit: Jan 28, 2023, 08:53 by Bosco

Diagram Girl - Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve

"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Jungle Sounds! First released in 1992, I've never heard this track before.

Instant House - Awade (Joe's Raw Afrika Dub)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Wolf ALice live at Gaîté Lyrique, Paris (2022/11/04)

no idea, no idea

I'm currently watching Andor (the best thing to come out of Star Wars since Rogue One and The Last Jedi) and this bit from the soundtrack (In S1E7 when Cassian visits Space Florida) would deserve to be a full track:

Edit: This one is a variation of the same track, equally awesome:

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 04, 2023, 09:00
I'm currently watching Andor (the best thing to come out of Star Wars since Rogue One)
You've misspelled The Bad Batch wrong

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 04, 2023, 09:00
Andor (the best thing to come out of Star Wars since The Last Jedi)
eh, WHAT?

Last Edit: Mar 04, 2023, 23:15 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Yep, I really liked TLJ. It was fun and goofy (in a good way) and tried to do something new with the characters introduced in Force Awakens. It's easily among my favourite three Star Wars movies (Rogue One, TLJ, ESB in no particular order).
Unfortunately they undid everything with E9 by reverting it to boring milquetoast tropes (Rey's ancestry, she can only be important because she is the descendant of somebody important, and of course the super bad guy is the same super bad guy from the original trilogy. That might have worked in TFA but not a second time) and also, giving in to the toxic parts of the fandom.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 04, 2023, 22:58
You've misspelled The Bad Batch wrong
That's really the first time I'm hearing of The Bad Batch. Tbh I haven't watched many of the series but I'll give it a try :)

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 05, 2023, 09:23
Yep, I really liked TLJ.

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 05, 2023, 09:23
That's really the first time I'm hearing of The Bad Batch. Tbh I haven't watched many of the series but I'll give it a try :)
It's one of those animated series, i think it is a spin off from Clone Wars or The Clone Wars, but it's much darker. Currently watching season 2 and episode 3 may be the best thing in Star Wars universe since the original trilogy (and Rogue One or maybe Ewoks: Battle For Endor)
no idea, no idea

The Last Jedi

Btw, that Niamos track sounds interesting, even though I haven't watched any of those shows.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Luke throwing away his lightsaber is one of my favourite scenes in this movie.

The "Are We a Rock Band or What...?" version randomly popped up on my Spotify this morning. Somehow never heard that version before. Made me realize how nostalgic I am for the Lost In Space (1998) soundtrack...Even if it's cheese of a movie.

I went back for an @440 listening session the other day too!

I actually ended up listening to an album they put out in 2010, which I had no idea existed.
I do NOT recommend.
But GHOYOS still holds up super well. Love that album.

Also love this b-side:

The song is called Deep Bass Nine, not Deep Nine Bass, because that wouldn't make any sense.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning