Oh Yeah, Here We Go, C'mon!

Brief Moments in your lives!!! Also, show us your Pets Thread!!!

Started by Bosco, Feb 13, 2021, 11:19

Previous topic - Next topic

meant to post this before the Colorado trip. It was the last couple of days of summer here in Illinois and we hit 90 degrees and had a final afternoon/evening summer storm. Fields of gold.

For what it's worth it was a pretty impressive lighting storm in the distance, it just wouldn't play for the camera like i wanted.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 10, 2022, 09:32

Is this your backyard? That's a nice shot! It needs some Moby background music to be perfect.

This is my local forest preserve where I go running.

@Bosco this is so soothing. Were you guys impacted by the heavy snow storm as well?

Here's a literally very brief moment of our's

Please log in to view this attachment.

This happens when the tree someone bought is so unevenly grown that it can essentially, in hindsight, only be set up in a what feels like a 45° angle. Well, it at least waited for us to finish handing out the gifts until it dropped and luckily the dog was not at her spot.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Dec 25, 2022, 09:44
@Bosco this is so soothing. Were you guys impacted by the heavy snow storm as well?

Here's a literally very brief moment of our's

This happens when the tree someone bought is so unevenly grown that it can essentially, in hindsight, only be set up in a what feels like a 45° angle. Well, it at least waited for us to finish handing out the gifts until it dropped and luckily the dog was not at her spot.

Actually wasn't that big of a snowfall, but it was blizzard-like conditions, followed by, out-of-season freezing wind and temperatures. 

The 23rd through Christmas Day Morning, our heater struggled to keep the house above 65° F (70-72° is typically normal), but we were one of the lucky people in the area were it didn't quit on us. There was also the risk of water pipes bursting if it got too cold in the house, but thankfully it didn't succumb to that.

We've had freezing weather before, it just was exceptionally gusty which then gave way to some of the most extreme wind chill I've ever experienced. Wind chill really takes "feeling cold" to another level.

Anyway, when we are confronted with freezing weather, it typically comes in late January or February here in Midwest. But yeah, without a doubt, the coldest Christmas in my lifetime.

Lol about the tree. I can say I've had that happen before!

Here in central Europe, it was the exact opposite, it was really warm and sunny during the holidays.
Around 10 °C most of the time, and on NYE a town near where I live had an new all-time record of nearly 20 °C.

Bosco and Csar, those are very festive decorations and Christmas sweaters :)
Fortunately, our cats are largely disinterested in our Christmas tree, apart from sometimes napping underneath it.

GUYS! dunno where's best to put this, In chemspotting or here, but I KNOW you guys are gonna love this!

Went upstate to return a few christmas shirts that didn't fit me, at the outlet mall where they came from, I decided to browse and made a pit stop at this toy & boardgames shop (that also had a few soda fridges of all things), and in the corner above a few anime plushies stood this bad boy. the other toys on display were for sale for $30, but this little guy had no tag.

guys at the counter told me all of them were for sale but were glad to do a price check for the box (it turns out the tag was under his foot instead of the box LOL). turns out, it was on sale $5 off ...

Knowing you guys, I knew you'd get a kick out of this. Mint condition, Key and everything.

Commencing Reprogramming

to preserve his condition, he is now resting above my shelf back in his box. (tho I can't promise I won't release him upon my household, every once in a while). MONEY WELL SPENT
Last Edit: Jan 22, 2023, 04:29 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jan 22, 2023, 03:50

Love the way to composed your shot! It's as if she looks at her fellas on TV, sparkling her desire to join her species. Be careful when she frees herself!
Last Edit: Jan 26, 2023, 09:12 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I've been having to ration the amount of kibble Dewey eats.

He shows up like this every hour.
Last Edit: Jan 26, 2023, 05:49 by MadPooter

You'll never guess what he wants.

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 17, 2023, 21:57
He clearly wants to play a round of 7 Wonders.
Having been around Dewey in the past, I concur.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Mar 17, 2023, 22:22
Having been around Dewey in the past, I concur.
He's still learning the fundamentals of the game but we can't seem to get past him scampering away in fear after someone accidentally drops a chip too hard on the table.

It's hilarious how without anything for scale Dewey doesn't look like he's actually a rather large kitty.

Thought this thread could use some canine representation. :) This is my pup Fibber Magee. He's all ears!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Boss was saving this for my birthday next month, but because of last week's incident, she decided to bump it up to asap.

Will They be among us after the show in Seattle? I remember one of you guys telling me y'all were able to see them after the show back in Frisco 2019.

original size if you wanna give it a read :D
Spoiler
Last Edit: Apr 15, 2023, 05:23 by Csar
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

^ I remember the Chems talking about playing Talking Heads' Once In A Lifetime towards the end of a DJ set, but the crowd was just a bit too young to really know the track so it didn't hit as expected.

Despite the fact that David Bowie was (posssibly/probably) sampled in Star Guitar, I get the impression that Bowie may not mean a whole lot to quite a chunk of people on here. I mean no one seemed interested in this for instance.

Anyway the sub-header in that article, "I am a DJ, [and] I am what I play" is a lyric from the song below. Just thought I'd mention it. It's always good to keep oneself amused isn't it?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I have to say I missed that post of yours about Bowie. 
Seems very interesting and I wonder if it contains any interview or footage that I have not seen before. 
I'm rarely interested in biopics but David and Cave are an exemption so thanks for that. 
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

It's a jungle out there.