How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
This album will be better than No Geography. I think the Chems pushed it more and got more more ideas for this new album during and after NG production. Sneak mentioned the 90's setup they used, so imo when you tap into something you haven't used in a while, something more usually comes out from it then you thought. This overabundance from this 'tapped' setup has caused an expansion of ideas and concepts for the new album and now has a chance to be a top 3 Chems album.

I think I said too much there. But that space gospel track has made me a believer of the limitless heights that the chems can achieve.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

New music confirmed for 2023 on their instagram - not really a shock but if they are teasing music now it must be soon and not like Autumn!
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: gfa2001 on Jan 05, 2023, 13:43
New music confirmed for 2023 on their instagram

And the vid showing Steve Dub "trying" to mix something - and you can hear TDTYF. So maybe it still is on XDUST12?
no idea, no idea

Don't you hate it when your knob comes off? That's what happens when you play with it too much.
[The acapella clip of TDTYF has me thinking either A) it will be a different mix from the single or B) it will be part of a continuous album mix as some of us have kinda speculated. Maybe.]

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Sweet! And now we know why it's delayed! The knobs keep coming off!

I wonder what the beige octave kitten is going to contribute.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 05, 2023, 18:09
I wonder what the beige octave kitten is going to contribute.
That is a leftover from It Began In Afrika
no idea, no idea

Alright, with Coachella announced and Chems being part of it, maybe we'll get some type of announcement this Friday?

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 28, 2022, 06:23

somebody in youtube comments section had it nailed two months ago! Hey Karl

Funnily enough Second Layer have just released a 'new' album called Courts or Wars. There's nothing new on it of course, "Courts Or Wars compiles the band's two EPs (1979's Flesh As Property and the following year's State Of Emergency) along with a scattering of demo tracks."

https://twitter.com/Bandcamp/status/1616084542191988740

Opening up the album page on Bandcamp here, there is of course a blurb. If we expand and drop to the bottom of the blurb there are notes:

NOTES:

Features "Courts Or Wars" which was recently sampled by The Chemical Brothers on their upcoming single "No Reason To Live"
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 27, 2023, 23:53
NOTES:

Features "Courts Or Wars" which was recently sampled by The Chemical Brothers on their upcoming single "No Reason To Live"
Ha, you sleuth! Nice find.
Though, I must admit, if true, the title of this is pretty depressing for the Chems. Hope it'll be just "No Reason" eventually.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 28, 2023, 00:09
Ha, you sleuth! Nice find.
Though, I must admit, if true, the title of this is pretty depressing for the Chems. Hope it'll be just "No Reason" eventually.
Meh, only on the surface. Probably more-so an acknowledgment of the absolute bat-shit world we live in right now.

This title will do great with the angsty crowd. Chems to play Ozzfest!!!

GAHHHH RELEASE NRTL ALREADY WE CAN'T WAIT TILL APRILLLLL!!!!

(pretty please)

----------------
side note tho I really do think the album rollout will probably begin around Coachella but singles could be out sooner, February-March the earliest...the festival is gonna be livestreamed and probably generate a bunch of buzz for the brothers, especially considering how Portola was so positively received we'd probably get a formal album announcement around that time
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Jan 28, 2023, 04:49
GAHHHH RELEASE NRTL ALREADY WE CAN'T WAIT TILL APRILLLLL!!!!

(pretty please)

----------------
side note tho I really do think the album rollout will probably begin around Coachella but singles could be out sooner, February-March the earliest...the festival is gonna be livestreamed and probably generate a bunch of buzz for the brothers, especially considering how Portola was so positively received we'd probably get a formal album announcement around that time
The festival is live streamed but I'm not sure every set gets aired. Does anyone remember if Aphex Twin part of the stream in 2019? I know they cut the Caribou stream short last year and they were absolutely killing it. 

I agree though, it feels really close that we are gonna get a new official single.

aphex twin did not get streamed. most sets they stream are abbreviated, particularly earlier in the day/evening. caribou was unusual because it ended a little abruptly. 

still I'm optimistic they will get some airtime.

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 28, 2023, 07:02
The festival is live streamed but I'm not sure every set gets aired. Does anyone remember if Aphex Twin part of the stream in 2019? I know they cut the Caribou stream short last year and they were absolutely killing it.

I agree though, it feels really close that we are gonna get a new official single.

Quote from: shakermaker on Jan 28, 2023, 16:15
aphex twin did not get streamed. most sets they stream are abbreviated, particularly earlier in the day/evening. caribou was unusual because it ended a little abruptly.

still I'm optimistic they will get some airtime.
Aphex doesn't allow streaming
Caribou are a lot smaller so are more just highlights coverage i'd say - chems should be the full thing

Quote from: gfa2001 on Jan 29, 2023, 10:28
Aphex doesn't allow streaming
I didn't go to Field Day in 2017. I was at home when I saw the tweet below and I clicked the link. My recollection is that I was watching a completely live stream at the time. Click the link in Ed's tweet. It still works.

https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/871098062839701505

(start time was 8.55pm)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 30, 2023, 18:25
I didn't go to Field Day in 2017. I was at home when I saw the tweet below and I clicked the link. My recollection is that I was watching a completely live stream at the time. Click the link in Ed's tweet. It still works.

https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/871098062839701505

(start time was 8.55pm)

His Coachella set last time didn't get streamed I was told so thought this went for everything - my bad!

Any gamblers on the forum?

If we were to speculate who they collaborate with on their new album what would some odds look like? Here's my thought:

Ellie Rowsell: -500 or 1/5

Q-Tip: +200 or 2/1

Beck: +250 or 2.5/1

Aurora: +300 or 3/1

Beth Orton:+400 or 4/1

Tim Burgess: +600 or 6/1

Noel Gallagher: +700 or 7/1

Liam Gallagher: +1400 or 14/1
Last Edit: Feb 21, 2023, 21:41 by Bosco

Shovell of M People on this track:

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 21, 2023, 21:18
Any gamblers on the forum?

If we were to speculate who they collaborate with on their new album what would some odds look like? Here's my thought:

Ellie Rowsell: -500 or 1/5

Q-Tip: +200 or 2/1

Beck: +250 or 2.5/1

Aurora: +300 or 3/1

Beth Orton:+400 or 4/1

Tim Burgess: +600 or 6/1

Noel Gallagher: +700 or 7/1

Liam Gallagher: +1400 or 14/1

surprised Stephanie Dosen doesn't appear on this list! she appeared on the last 3 albums, granted CMIF was a sample from her...even sounds like her voice on that Warped Pop track (I've never attached an mp3 before...also it sounds like the vocal is saying I'm In Love Again):

Please log in to view this attachment.

Last Edit: Feb 22, 2023, 11:57 by Csar
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I probably should've said featuring artists rather than collaborators. Stephanie Dosen has been fantastic with her work with Chems, but is she really anything more than a glorified session vocalist?

And even if we were to count her, she's been almost inactive for nearly 10 years. My guess is her work with the Brothers was completed back during Further and Hanna eras. Her vocals for Taste of Honey probably has been kicking around the studio since those sessions.