Do It Again

Daft Punk

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Nov 16, 2015, 01:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice to see the MAW Around The World remixes on CD. Not sure they'll be worth the investment in a new copy of the album though.

Do we think the live stream VOD will exist after the broadcast? Wanna watch the whole thing but got stoopid work to do at the moment.

EDIT: Nevermind, still no Kenlou remix on CD :(
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 22, 2022, 23:46

Nice to see the MAW Around The World remixes on CD. Not sure they'll be worth the investment in a new copy of the album though.

Do we think the live stream VOD will exist after the broadcast? Wanna watch the whole thing but got stoopid work to do at the moment.

EDIT: Nevermind, still no Kenlou remix on CD :(
I see the Kenlou remix

No CD release though. Just vinyl and digital.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 22, 2022, 23:46

a few reuploads on youtube are beginning to circulate
Last Edit: Feb 23, 2022, 01:52 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Struck! >:( man, WMG is like the James Corden of the music industry
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Uggh.

I wasn't able to watch all of the recording before it was taken down.

God damnit.

Does anyone have a link or could possibly DM me a link to a source for the broadcast?

What I saw was just... fantastic. Seriously, watching them perform Fresh... seeing (one of them) play the keyboard riffing on the intro like it was a guitar.

It's nice to see the substance behind that duo. Absolute substance.

Quote from: MadPooter on Feb 24, 2022, 21:04
Does anyone have a link or could possibly DM me a link to a source for the broadcast?
If anyone has a download link as well I'd appreciate a DM as well!

Quote from: MadPooter on Feb 24, 2022, 21:04

Uggh.

I wasn't able to watch all of the recording before it was taken down.

God damnit.

What I saw was just... fantastic. Seriously, watching them perform Fresh... seeing (one of them) play the keyboard riffing on the intro like it was a guitar.

It's nice to see the substance behind that duo. Absolute substance.
Quote from: actionjackson780 on Feb 25, 2022, 02:35

If anyone has a download link as well I'd appreciate a DM as well!

Instantreigen has a link of the entire video stream! Alternatively this was uploaded to soundcloud thank goodness https://soundcloud.com/larkable/daft-punk-alive-1997-live-at-the-mayan-theatre-in-los-angeles-12-17-1997
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Bless you, sir/madam. You are doing the Lord's work.

https://mixmag.net/read/thomas-bangalter-announces-solo-album-daft-punk-work-mythologies-news/

I am preparing myself to be underwhelmed.

And even now I still feel the pain of loss from two years ago.

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/daft-punk-thomas-bangalter-solo-album-reveals-his-face-1235500427/

"...and Reveals His Face for the First Time"

sigh

what the fuck counts as journalism any more

Quote from: shakermaker on Jan 25, 2023, 04:51
https://variety.com/2023/music/news/daft-punk-thomas-bangalter-solo-album-reveals-his-face-1235500427/

"...and Reveals His Face for the First Time"

sigh

what the fuck counts as journalism any more

I've written for a handful of publications as a journalist in the past. Depending on the beat, news can be *very* hard to come by.

I actually have some amount of sympathy for reporters in the music biz.

But yeah, that is a strangely manufactured perspective, and taken literally suggests that he has worn a mask all his life prior to this point.

Maybe they got him mixed up with

Thomas Bangalter - L'Accouchement

no idea, no idea

They announced a 10th anniversary edition of RAM with 35min of bonus sounds:

14. Horizon (previously released on the japanese version of RAM)
15. GLBTM (Studio Outtakes)
16. Infinity Repeating (2013 Demo)
17. GL (Early Take)
18. Prime (2012 Unfinished)
19. LYTD (Vocoder Tests)
20. The Writing of Fragments of Time
21. Touch (2021 "Epilogue"-Version)
no idea, no idea