Get Up On It Like This

Coachella 2023

Started by Bosco, Jan 10, 2023, 20:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: nekoland on Apr 15, 2023, 06:24
I love so much that outro on Swoon
It is a nice touch. Explud was the one to point it out, I believe. 

I love that mashup of Star Guitar with Bernard's vocals so much! Temptation is one of my favorite New Order tracks.
I hope I get a chance to see the brothers live someday. I almost saw them in 2011, but the gig in my city got cancelled. They returned to Brazil in 2015, but I couldn't go...  :-[
Just get yourself high.

Quote from: thg on Apr 15, 2023, 06:30
I love that mashup of Star Guitar with Bernard's vocals so much! Temptation is one of my favorite New Order tracks.
Hate to admit it but that's actually the part I don't like all that much. Spoiled Me would prefer the 2002 tour intro of Temptation/SG (the long one!!)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

okay, I find this funny that there have been three different chats going on during the show. One crazy one in the #chemchella discord. One calm relaxed one in the discord vid feed with old fourmies (foxboy, shkrmkr, I), and the one here. I'm sure everyone avoided the YT chat as it was probably kids screaming for blackpink.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Apr 15, 2023, 06:41
okay, I find this funny that there have been three different chats going on during the show. One crazy one in the #chemchella discord. One calm relaxed one in the discord vid feed with old fourmies (foxboy, shkrmkr, I), and the one here. I'm sure everyone avoided the YT chat as it was probably kids screaming for blackpink.
I watched some bits of the pre-show chat and there seemed to be some good vibes and anticipation about the gig.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Alright, video and audio were captured (sigh of relief, holy manitou!).
— Aurora (The Seed)

That was a damn good show! The Coachella reunion is complete! 

I think a new crowd came to discover the.chems for the first time. Crowd went from mild to average, but I'll investigate once I touchdown next week  

Glad alot of people showed up at the Discord Chemchella!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Ah crap! I slept through my alarm clock  ::hb Was in need of it aparently. Glad to see some of you have discipline. Would have liked to join the online party.

Love is all

My sound bar is smoking. My puppy with his giant ears barked at the television a couple of times  :D

With the camera angles on the livestream, I did find it challenging to get a sense of scale, and grasp audience reaction. Not sure if it was my connection but picture and sound quality greatly improved later in the set!!

I'm hoping and looking forward to some first hand accounts!

Not a bad way to start the weekend and a fantastic end to Friday evening. I love the set and am so glad this was streamed and shared  :)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

My inbox is open for a link.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: whirlygirl on Apr 15, 2023, 07:00
Love is all

My sound bar is smoking. My puppy with his giant ears barked at the television a couple of times  :D

With the camera angles on the livestream, I did find it challenging to get a sense of scale, and grasp audience reaction. Not sure if it was my connection but picture and sound quality greatly improved later in the set!!

I'm hoping and looking forward to some first hand accounts!

Not a bad way to start the weekend and a fantastic end to Friday evening. I love the set and am so glad this was streamed and shared  :)

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 15, 2023, 06:53
That was a damn good show! The Coachella reunion is complete!

I think a new crowd came to discover the.chems for the first time. Crowd went from mild to average, but I'll investigate once I touchdown next week 

Glad alot of people showed up at the Discord Chemchella!

Hear Hear! So happy The Chemical Brothers returned to Coachella. The universe seems a little more complete with their reunion after a 12 year absence.

Sad that most of us missed it, but having the ability to stream the show is pretty awesome substitute.

I'll echo, Love Is All!

2022/23 Live Setting Sun is glorious , both the re-work and visuals , so cool and trippy.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: rynostar on Apr 15, 2023, 06:41

Laughed out loud at this.. the chemchella chat reminded me of myself on this very forum, only almost 20 years ago... 

It was like a crazy box of spiders, that chat, but lovable and endearing energy. 

Reminds me of Trafalgar Sq 2007 when I was walking up the street with Jeanie and Mips to a wetherspoons and saw a spray painted TheChemicalBrothers logo on the pavement and I just let out an uncontainable yelp of excitement. This chat however, seemed like that yelp only constantly.. it was pretty funny I must say and should be encouraged!  :D

Quote from: Joslyn on Apr 15, 2023, 06:57
Ah crap! I slept through my alarm clock  ::hb Was in need of it aparently. Glad to see some of you have discipline. Would have liked to join the online party.
It was good craic flying between the two discords (my first time using that app) where one was just going off and the other was like a bunch of old timers (including myself these days).

Very fun, same time next week.

Quote from: Fine Time on Apr 15, 2023, 08:10
2022/23 Live Setting Sun is glorious , both the re-work and visuals , so cool and trippy.

Agreed, was something of a highlight!

Quote from: Joslyn on Apr 15, 2023, 06:57
Ah crap! I slept through my alarm clock
Ditto! Look forward to catching up at a civilised hour!

Slept through my alarm, and I live in the US. God damn I'm old. 

What time is YouTube showing the replay today?

It's replaying it now if you are interested!! :))
bango bango bango bango my

yeah discord was an experience. nice to have a place to chat in more real-time though.

looking forward to hearing from people who were there IRL.